Hi,
    I just recently returned to Blackberry with the purchase of the Q10. I had an IPhone 4s previously and must say I love the new BB10 platform! My question is this: I am texting some of my previous IPhone contacts and the texts are showing up in their email instead of texts.... Is there a setting that I'm missing on my phone, or is this on their end?
    01-15-14 09:43 AM
    Hi,
    I just recently returned to Blackberry with the purchase of the Q10. I had an IPhone 4s previously and must say I love the new BB10 platform! My question is this: I am texting some of my previous IPhone contacts and the texts are showing up in their email instead of texts.... Is there a setting that I'm missing on my phone, or is this on their end?
    Hi! And welcome to Crackberry!!!!

I just sent myself a message from my Q10 to my iPhone.

It arrived as a text message.

It went out like this:

Attachment 238851

What folder did you send it from? Sometimes I send stuff out from the wrong folder....
    Katlashell likes this.
    01-15-14 09:52 AM
    Hi,
    Thats a strange one.. Im just grasping at straws here but; there is a known issue where previous iPhone users (people who have switched to something other than iPhone) arent able to receive text messages from other current iPhone users. The resolution to this was to login to your iTunes account online, and un-associate your phone number from your Apple account, this deregisters your phone number from Apple's iMessage service, and returns your texting to normal. Have you tried this?

I could be way off here, but worth a shot..
    Katlashell likes this.
    01-15-14 09:56 AM
    That must be because of the iMessage.

Try google "android imessage text" or "android iphone text missing" you have similar problems with those folks who migrate from iphone to android.

In short you have to reactivate the iphone, deactivate imessage also on every idevices you have associate that number (ipad,imac,etc) and other solution you have to contact apple.

Sent from multiple devices using Tapatalk
    Katlashell likes this.
    01-15-14 09:57 AM
    That's exactly it. You have to turn off your imessage under your apple ID settings. No clue of the exact steps but I know apple keeps your number on their servers for months after, so the only way to fix it is to deregister or turn off imessage for texts to go through to iPhone users.

Posted via CB10
    Katlashell likes this.
    01-15-14 09:59 AM
    I think you guys are referring to having to disconnect from iMessage, right? There was a thread about this....
    Katlashell likes this.
    01-15-14 10:00 AM
    I think I may try this!! I had been a faithful BB user and CB junkie until this IPhone usage. I do believe that my phone number is tied to the ITunes acct. I will try this and let you know.

Thanks!!
    01-15-14 12:13 PM
    Is the IMessage tied to ITunes?
    01-15-14 12:14 PM
    There's another way. You can have your friends turn off iMessage on their phone, send you a text message, then turn iMessage back on. That way, their iPhone now knows to send you regular texts instead of iMessage.

Since you didn't turn off iMessage before you got rid of your 4S, your phone number will be deleted from Apple's database automatically within 60 days.
    Katlashell likes this.
    01-15-14 01:07 PM
    Thank you for all the responses. It worked after I went into my iMessage settings and removed my phone number! Crackberry site is awesome!!! That's why I'm back to my BB. Thanks again.
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    01-15-14 02:04 PM
    If they have any delay sending you texts they may need to go into your profile on their iPhones and edit your profile from using an "iPhone" to "Mobile" instead.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 04:12 PM