My 32gb card had only 3gb left so I upgraded to the 64 card. I formatted in my computer (some say to use the phone) and transferred all data from card to card. Now I have a problem. When I attempt to open music or pictures it says searching card. But, it's been doing so for an hour and hasn't made any progress at all. Anyone else have trouble!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 08:00 AM
    don't format it in the computer use your BlackBerry to format it, mobile devices use different file systems than computers.
    08-29-14 08:14 AM
    Hi... I thought the largest card that could be used on the z10 was 32gb...will a 64gb work ok?

Thanks,

B

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 02:44 PM
    Hi... I thought the largest card that could be used on the z10 was 32gb...will a 64gb work ok?

Thanks,

B

Posted via CB10
    With the latest OS update it should work, from what I remember.
    08-29-14 02:47 PM
    My 32gb card had only 3gb left so I upgraded to the 64 card. I formatted in my computer (some say to use the phone) and transferred all data from card to card. Now I have a problem. When I attempt to open music or pictures it says searching card. But, it's been doing so for an hour and hasn't made any progress at all. Anyone else have trouble!

Posted via CB10
    Whether your Z10 will properly utilize a 64 GB microSDXC card will depend on a number of variables, the most important of which are what file system you used when you formatted the card in your computer and what O.S. your phone is using. Some of the latest releases do have support for 64 GB card formatted with the exFAT file system. The older O.S. builds will properly use the card if it is formatted fat32. So, which formatting system did you use and which O.S. are you using? Answering those questions would allow the community to help you with your observed problem.

P.S. Allowing the phone to format the card would have likely netted you a positive result since the O.S. you were using would have used the file system it wanted to format the card.
    08-29-14 02:50 PM
    Whether your Z10 will properly utilize a 64 GB microSDXC card will depend on a number of variables, the most important of which are what file system you used when you formatted the card in your computer and what O.S. your phone is using. Some of the latest releases do have support for 64 GB card formatted with the exFAT file system. The older O.S. builds will properly use the card if it is formatted fat32. So, which formatting system did you use and which O.S. are you using? Answering those questions would allow the community to help you with your observed problem.

P.S. Allowing the phone to format the card would have likely netted you a positive result since the O.S. you were using would have used the file system it wanted to format the card.
    I am running 10.2.1.2976. I just formatted the card in the phone and will try th tranfer again. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 05:07 PM
    I am running 10.2.1.2976. I just formatted the card in the phone and will try th tranfer again. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Great Idea. Should work. I have been using a 64 GB card without problem for over a year by following that rule. Enjoy!
    08-29-14 06:44 PM
    been using a 64gb card since release of bb10 no issues just needs to be done in the device rather than a pc, all systems have different file systems simple as that.
    08-30-14 02:52 AM
    FWIW, on stock firmware, I found that the Q10 itself had no issue with a 64Gb SanDisk card, but I couldn't mount it as a USB drive via the Q10 under MacOS. Didn't spend long fiddling with it, just swapped it for a 32Gb and stuck it in another mp3 player.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 09:59 AM
    How do you format on phone? Z30 Thank you
    09-02-14 05:37 PM