Hi there,

Just got my Q10. Finding it awesome so far, though still discovering many things.

Stupid question, how do I transfer photos taken with the device to a PC?
    I mean what is the best way?

I come from Android where the Dropbox integration would take care of that by auto-uploading the taken pictures to DB. Google+ did that too. So I had no manual operation to do.

Which is the best BB way (I have not tried connecting my device to USB, but I suppose that should work, though a wireless way would be welcome).
    07-07-13 07:45 AM
    Yes, connecting your bb to your computer through the usb cable that you use for charging is a good way. It's straightforward, it's just like using an external drive.

Money Soldiers
    http://moneysoldiers.com
    07-07-13 07:51 AM
    Anything wireless? (and I'd prefer wifi or cloud rather thatn Bluetooth)
    07-07-13 07:58 AM
    I use blackberry link it works perfect for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 08:23 AM
    BOX!! Automatically upload all my pics and videos to box. More storage than Dropbox too!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 08:52 AM
    Yeah I use Box. Automatically uploads to your box account. Using BlackBerry Link for wireless transfer would work too... but for me BlackBerry Link hasn't been consistent (firewall)

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 09:05 AM
    Yeah, as far as cloud is concerned, I am sticking to DB, ... have my paid plan there and it has a Linux client.
    Last edited by HelterSkelter; 07-07-13 at 09:11 AM. Reason: s/could/cloud/
    07-07-13 09:06 AM
    I use link and have it set so as soon as my Z10 is on the same network as my PC, it automatically uploads. The folder is also set to upload to dropbox.

Posted from my Z10 with CB10
    07-07-13 09:11 AM
    Wirelessly!

I just got mine set up properly, works flawlessly every time now! I have windows 8.

On your phone go to settings, then storage and access, then turn access using wifi on, and set a password. Then select the Identification on Network button, update info in their if required (i changed my username to something i use regularly for user names).

Then go to my computer on windows 8, select "map network drive" at the top of the window, then select what drive you want it to be, i chose Q: for my Q10, then for the path enter \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\media (the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx represents your device ip address, you can get that from settings, about, and then change the drop down to network, and it will list the ip below). Then when you now go back to my computer, there will be another drive showing in addition the your C:, when you double click, enter your user name and password in the required fields, and check off the box if you always want it to remember your password. This now wirelessly connects your device memory and your computer when on wifi.

You can also go back into map a network drive and select another drive letter and type \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\removable_SDCARD and this will give you access to your micro sd card in your device. (thank you CB user for this one, forgot your name sorry lol)

I also did this with my PlayBooks, now i have one connected via hdmi to each tv i own, wirelessly transfer files between all devices!

BlackBerry link tried to set this up automatically for me, but the connection was always hit and miss, sometimes the the drives got mapped and sometimes they didn't, did a lot of restarting of my computer or opening and closing BlackBerry link to get the wifi storage access, but now after mapping on my own, it works perfectly!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 09:20 AM
    I did the USB method earlier today...took 4 pics, then connected w/ my PC via USB cable and cut (not copied) 'Em over to my desktop.

Problem is, now I have 4 blank images showing in "recently viewed" that I can't delete. I try and it tells me that file doesn't exist. This is after two reboots and a battery pull.

Not sure how I'm gonna fix this....

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 02:21 PM
    Thank you all for your answers.
    Hope we get an improved DB integration in the future.
    For now I will do things manually by selecting my pics to upload and then export them to DB.

Thanks !

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 02:48 PM
    Hi,
    You may try using Filement

You don't have to install anything on your computer to access your BB10 device, just pair the app from your device, and you can access it from web browser.
    I haven't test it on Q10, but I suppose that it will work, because it doesn't rely much on the interface, but on the backend.

More info from the forum apps announcements:

http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...0/#post8797341
    07-10-13 01:58 PM
    Can you do this with bluetooth?
    07-10-13 02:02 PM