A Touchscreen with Physical Buttons?
This sounds interesting for those of us who still need the QWERTY, yet still want the convenience of touch:
The best of both worlds: A touchscreen with physical buttons | PhoneDog
- 01-19-13, 01:34 PM #5
Interesting concept. I understand her frustration about the lack of any kind of feedback, as well. I was one of the things, combined with a small screen, that turned me away from considering an iPhone. (That, and I like crossing boundaries.)
I can see some serious possibilities, especially on tablets and such as the tech develops. Microfluidic, who'd a thunk?If it needs fixing, report it!BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720T* Galaxy S4, SM-N920P Galaxy Note 5If you can't make it better with bacon, try again!
- 01-19-13, 01:36 PM #6If it needs fixing, report it!BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720T* Galaxy S4, SM-N920P Galaxy Note 5If you can't make it better with bacon, try again!
Honestly speaking, if it weren't for my absolute need for the QWERTY, and if it were in my budget, I'd have probably gotten an iPhone. But alas, I don't have what it would take to fully immerse myself into the vast ecosystem. Since the Torch 9800 was my first ever smartphone, I liked the idea of the keyboard/track pad combo (although I hardly used the track pad, it was nice to have). Now, having an Android slider (an HTC MyTouch 4G Slide), that although the device itself feels of premium build, the keyboard, not so much. Plus, the battery life is horrid, which is another must, and worked for me on the BB. I also find the horizontal keyboard slows me down, for not being too fast a typer anyway. Although, I wonder how a horizontal BB QWERTY would be? Anyway, typing vertically in portrait mode works for me. I guess we'll see what the future holds for us tactile users.
- By Houshinto in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 16Last Post: 06-06-12, 05:35 PM
- By Navan in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 14Last Post: 10-05-08, 08:17 AM
- By DBadgers34 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 8Last Post: 10-04-08, 07:49 AM
- By bluelite in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 08-15-08, 07:56 PM
- By scott08 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 8Last Post: 07-07-08, 12:37 PM