Just wondering if I'm the only one who finds this. certain items on the touchscreen can be a total B to activate with the touch screen, and it seems like it's almost all prompts at the bottom of the screen. For example, I can only get the 'end call' button to activate once in maybe 10-15 tries, but there's lots of other times the problem comes up too. Is this me fat fingering somehow, or is there maybe an issue with touching too close to the bezel, so it thinks I'm going to swipe?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 05:47 PM
    When you're perform the touching of the screen, are you touching directly ON the item you want, or slightly to the left or right of it?
    05-04-13 07:55 PM
    Definitely directly on the item. The end call button is hard to miss haha. I honestly try a couple slow deliberate taps on it with no luck, then rapidly tap it and eventually it hangs up.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 11:59 AM
    I have issues moving the slider when forwarding in a video. I always end up swiping the hub open or closing the video.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:03 PM
    I found another spot with the same problem - in browser settings > display and actions, the drop down menus for the home page are incredibly inconsistent. I can touch it and it'll turn blue, but I have to try several times before it'll actually open the menu up. Perhaps the screen protector is interfering with the touch screen?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 01:36 PM
    Just wondering if I'm the only one who finds this. certain items on the touchscreen can be a total B to activate with the touch screen, and it seems like it's almost all prompts at the bottom of the screen. For example, I can only get the 'end call' button to activate once in maybe 10-15 tries, but there's lots of other times the problem comes up too. Is this me fat fingering somehow, or is there maybe an issue with touching too close to the bezel, so it thinks I'm going to swipe?

Posted via CB10
    Totally with you. Can take several goes to end a call which has often been made accidentally
    05-05-13 01:49 PM
    I've noticed the same. For me the most difficult bit is to click on the "x" in the search/address bar to clear it. After doing a security wipe and reinstalling everything manually it seemed to have improved

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 02:19 PM
    I'm wondering if this is almost on purpose. I found the same with my 9900 when I first got it, and after the first update or two, the very edge became super sensitive.

Daft thinking I know, but its almost like BlackBerry have made the bottom edge less responsive to allow people to get used to the new device.
    Yes I know, I'm crazy!

Either way, I hope it's just a software thing like the 9900, as it can suck at times.
    Worst time it affects me is changing camera settings. Touching the top of the menu button is the only way to get it to respond, but too far above it and it just takes a picture.

Posted via CB10
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    05-05-13 02:35 PM
    I'm finding the same issues. A firm, slow deliberate press on the End Call button seems to work more consistently. But not so long that the phone registers it as a 'press and hold'. I think we just need to get used to it.
    05-05-13 08:32 PM
    Definitely a glitch that they will have to fix. Not something I will just get used to. I'm having the same issues with end call, and trying to uncheck the boxes when you first install an app and don't want to give the app access to your phone can take minutes instead of seconds.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 09:24 PM
    I've had similar problems with my Z10. I think it's something to do with the OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 10:00 PM
    Let's hope this is in the first (totally unnecessary update as it should have been right before it came to market) will address this.

I agree entirely, it's not something I wish to get used to, but can live with for now.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 05:11 AM
    Also having trouble ending calls, worst is when the call goes to voicmail and you don't want to leave one.
    05-14-13 10:28 AM
    I've been having a similar issue with my new Q10 ... and am sort of missing my old, reliable Curve 8330 (yes, an 8330. Lasted 4 and a half years! But the charging port finally got wonky.)

The touch screen becomes very unresponsive when the clock is full-screen. If the inverted 'L' gesture isn't perfect, the thing won't budge.

I'm wondering whether I'm just missing something here...? Sometimes I just go into clock settings, from which it's little easier to swipe though menus and out.
    07-02-13 10:53 AM
    I have three things I have trouble getting to work. One is the small X for cancelling an attachment on a message:
    Having touchscreen issues with my Q10-img_00000199.png

The others have to do with the camera. I have trouble getting to launch it from the lockscreen (no matter how long I hold it down) and the three dots for the options in the camera are difficult to press. Strange... they're all in the bottom right corner of my screen. Could it be a problem with my screen or the software?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:59 PM
    That is an issue with me as well I though it was just a user error.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 08:09 PM

Posted via CB10

Nope…it would seem that there are more than a few users with a similar complaint. AT&T only released the Q10 here at the end of June but the inability to select or activate certain fields with a touch of the screen is matched only by the phone's propensity for pocket dialing. I'm not versed in how the screen actually functions, so perhaps I need to wash my hands more often? Or less often? Clean the screen after each call? Go figure.
    Honestly, I'd hoped for comprehensible documentation after two years of incompletely translated Finnish directions that accompanied my Nokia device. But BBR's nice page layout still requires more specific examples for this literal-minded Yank. How about an "e.g." or "i.e." once in a while? Take, for example, "inter access point handover" activation; I get the idea but do they want an IP address? a MAC address? a device name? I can find no clue. However, updating the OS to v10.1.0.2030 seems to have helped.
    07-02-13 08:28 PM
    I've been having problems in the camera app. When trying to touch the 3 dots in the bottom right to pull up the sub menu [like to turn on/off flash] it won't do anything. I've found that 'beating' the 3 dots quickly and really hard sometimes will work. The same thing happens on a solitaire game that I got. Any cards on the right side of the screen can't be moved. I've tried the "beating" process with it, and sometimes it will work if I really beat the screen and finally get it to turn bold.
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    07-29-13 09:58 AM
    OMG out of utter frustration I thought I'd see if anyone else had problems with the Q10 before I asked for a new one and wow you've all got the same problem! Yes I have ALL these problems - pocket dialling, not hanging up, swipe not working, having to tap several times to end a function, camera ap probs, txt going prematurely etc etc...I even thought the same as the person who said they're missing there old Blackberry - so am I!! ...I even preferred my old torch - and the qwerty keyboard on that was broken for half of it's life! What will Blackberry do? is it really a software prob that can be fixed or am I stuck with a dickey phone for 24 months
    LudwigvonKast and Goingback like this.
    07-31-13 12:21 PM
    I think I may give the phone up today. ATT gives 14 days to try the phone. Of course, they charge $35 to change it out! But I just haven't been happy with my Q10. I'm not a person that wants to play games much on a phone, other than Solitaire and Tetris. But since I saw Angry Birds Star Wars was available for the Q10, I decided to try it. I couldn't figure how to play the game. Well, the reason is that the screen is too small to fit everything in the 'playing field!" I went to youtube to see how to play and then it made sense.
    After all these years as a loyal Blackberry user---one always defending and actually having friends say what a great phone it seemed to be---but I think I'm going to join the people with all the apps available and go IPHONE. I have till next Monday before my 14 days are up.
    07-31-13 12:34 PM
    This is a known problem on the Q10 which was discussed in a couple of threads already. Look for "screen sensitivity" etc.
    Common understanding was that this is SW related and not a HW problem. I hope so, as this would allow for further improvements through updates. A HW related problem would of course be a much more severe issue.
    It improved in the latest official OS release .2309 - at least the end call button should work more reliably after an upgrade. But the problem still exists. I have not yet received the MR OS version so I can't tell if it improved further.
    07-31-13 01:26 PM
    I always found BlackBerry touchscreens to be finicky. They need to work on that aspect for sure.

I find that pressing on the screen harder usually works a lot better than gentle taps.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 01:35 PM
    Yes but gentle taps on the middle of the screen work fine. Not so e.g. in the right upper corner. You have to be very precise, push harder, and sometimes need more than one tap to make the button react.
    07-31-13 01:46 PM
    At least I'm not the only one... From what I've been able to tell I have the latest software version and the top right and left corners are very unresponsive. If it is indeed a software issue I just don't get why they don't fix it. And if so many do have this problem, and it's not a software issue, BlackBerry have really ****ed up. The Q10 is my first BlackBerry with a touchscreen and compared with the S3, which is my second device, this screen is not much to brag about.
    08-03-13 07:36 AM
    Same with me! I'm finding buttons on the touch screen not working! And the swiping is not very sensitive,as I find i have to swipe several times to get where I'm going at times. Like the search and create buttons on the texting and email screens! I'm coming from an iphone 4s and thought I'd try the Blackberry Q10 for the real keyboard. I hate it! iphone is so much easier and user friendly. I don't care for The Hub, as to me it's all a jumbled mess. I'd rather look at an iphone screen and immediately see what new messages are coming in from what source. Also my work email is not coming thru on the Blackberry despite my IT department confirming all the domain/acct info as correct. No feeding of my calendars either. I also don't like that the on button to activate the screen is on the top of the phone and not an easy button like on the iphone.

Another reason I went with the Q10 was because of the great battery life people were claiming. I am not finding the same, in fact, the charging is very slow as compared to the iphone.

Trading this in for the iphone today!
    08-09-13 12:52 PM
31 12