I had my Q10 apart yesterday to replace the keyboard. Upon reassembly, when I first tried to turn on the phone, I just got a blinking red LED. I pulled the battery and tried again, and it powered-on fine.

Everything is functional except the TOP microphones. When I record, I can only hear static and a faint tapping sound if I tap the top of the frame with my finger. I have found that the connector shown in the picture is where the microphones plug in, because with this disconnected even the tapping on the case is not recorded.

Does anybody have suggestions for fixing this? I hope that I have not fried anything on the mainboard. If I need to replace the metal frame which includes the microphones, that is a relatively cheap part. I am pretty sure this is a hardware, and not software issue seeing as it only happened after opening up the phone.

Thanks,
    LucasTop microphone not working after dissassembly-q10_8.jpg
    Last edited by Lkrist; 12-17-15 at 10:12 AM.
    12-17-15 09:24 AM
    Did you double check the connectors are connected snugly?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 11:46 AM
    1st option:

Order a new frame and try it out, if it works, awesome.. if not...

2nd option:
    Find a broken Q10 to harvest it's motherboard, if the new frame (new microphone) doesn't fix it, you broke something on the connection point on the motherboard.

Source:
    Same thing happened to me, only with my screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 12:52 PM
    Did you double check the connectors are connected snugly?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I checked the microphone connector a number of times, unplugging it and plugging it back in.
    1st option:

Order a new frame and try it out, if it works, awesome.. if not...

2nd option:
    Find a broken Q10 to harvest it's motherboard, if the new frame (new microphone) doesn't fix it, you broke something on the connection point on the motherboard.

Source:
    Same thing happened to me, only with my screen.

Posted via CB10
    I've ordered a new frame. We'll see if that fixes it when it arrives in a few weeks. Thanks for the advice fellas, I'll update when I get the parts.
    FCSC likes this.
    12-18-15 08:43 PM