OK guys, here's the deal. My phone having taken a few nasty drops throughout its life, the camera has a few annoying "watermarks" which appear on all my photos. Therefore, I recently tried to pry off the rear top piece of my Q10, not realising there were screws under the other piece to remove. I have now noticed that the top speaker is not working anymore, with the main impacts being videos being soundless and the phone not working with the speaker on. The voice assistant still works, and so do phone calls without the speaker on, I guess they use the bottom microphone. Anyway, I'd like to address folks with experience and knowledge on this phone's hardware: how difficult would it be to repair this? Would it fix it if I removed that top rear piece and replaced it with a new one? Or is it more complicated than that? I realise this is fully my fault but if at all possible I'd like to fix it myself.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my Q10 just can't handle it.
    05-23-15 12:33 PM
    OK guys, here's the deal. My phone having taken a few nasty drops throughout its life, the camera has a few annoying "watermarks" which appear on all my photos. Therefore, I recently tried to pry off the rear top piece of my Q10, not realising there were screws under the other piece to remove. I have now noticed that the top speaker is not working anymore, with the main impacts being videos being soundless and the phone not working with the speaker on. The voice assistant still works, and so do phone calls without the speaker on, I guess they use the bottom microphone. Anyway, I'd like to address folks with experience and knowledge on this phone's hardware: how difficult would it be to repair this? Would it fix it if I removed that top rear piece and replaced it with a new one? Or is it more complicated than that? I realise this is fully my fault but if at all possible I'd like to fix it myself.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my Q10 just can't handle it.
    I am not 100% on this but a brand new housing may have a new speaker with it... Not 100%. Confirm with someone else, or a phone shop.
    05-24-15 07:24 PM
    From watching videos, I'm still not sure whether it would be the screen or the housing. Hoping it's not the motherboard.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my Q10 doesn't support it.
    05-31-15 01:28 PM
    To anyone who may have this issue in the future : you need to replace the bezel around the phone. This should fix it.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my BlackBerry doesn't have an app for that.
    07-31-15 04:00 AM