What planet are you on? It's going the other way. The company is EXITING this business. It is laying off 40% of its workforce (be sure that this is just round one of massive layoffs and reductions).

Anyone that would stick with this company except for a military user that requires some sort of advanced security beyond average users, which is the market the company has said it's going to focus on, is nuts. Buying a product from this company and committing to it for your two years after that company has announced that it's exiting the business, is the definition of buyer insanity.
    By the way after selling 6 million phones apple is doing a 2700 staff cut.

Q10-Z10-iP5
    09-26-13 03:33 PM
    By the way after selling 6 million phones apple is doing a 2700 staff cut.

Q10-Z10-iP5
    No they're not. The link CrackBerry has on it's website is about Apple in the late 90s.
    09-26-13 03:38 PM
    No they're not. The link CrackBerry has on it's website is about Apple in the late 90s.
    Hehe :-)

Q10-Z10-iP5
    09-26-13 03:43 PM
    I needed to know if he was an apple or android fan boy. Everything he has been saying didn't make sense. I'm hoping to return the favour.

That article mentioned 4500 jobs actually.

Q10-Z10-iP5
    09-26-13 03:45 PM
    Coming from apple device to a Q10 I must say the Q has better features like toast and dark theme. I know dark sounds silly but I wished the iPhone had it. Also with the blackberry you don't feel like u are leasing the phone like u do with apple. Apple devices have a more stable OS but bb10 is getting better with new leaks. Also apple doesn't give the option for leaked OS's. I'd try it out. I wouldn't go back to apple. Just my. 02

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 08:20 PM
    I got my husband and iPhone 5 for his birthday and he doesn't like it. He was hanging on to his Palm Pre 3 until it just stopped working. He llikes the physical keyboard. I read that Blackberry is getting out of the consumer market so I don't want to buy him this phone if it won't work in a year. Has there been any news?
    Ulairi, get it for him. Since he is coming from webos, bb10 is probably the os he will like most. He will not be worried about support as he never had it with Palm. You would want him to try z10 too. I also had reservation regarding the keyboard but I like it now. Coming from Pre3 myself, I would say I am fairly happy with z10 and bb10. I still miss many things from Pre but I think this is the closest thing you can get to webos experience.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 08:48 PM
    The problem with Blackberry is marketing??? Now that's a first. How many imbedded customers/users do they have or have they had? They used to have to dominant market share.

No one is buying this phone because it sucks. It's not about marketing. It has little appeal to Apple/Anbroid users and diminished appeal to core Blackberry users. Now, that's a recipe for disaster, which is what you have. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize or understand this.

I was going to say that if you want your husband to be swearing at you on a regular basis, go buy him this phone. But you might get lucky, because he's a Palm user and not a core Blackberry user, so he might not know what he's missing and might be happy. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.
    Really? A disaster? The problem is marketing and lack of carrier support. Not the phone. Each device has some flaws when it gets launched; Android, Iphone, WP8. That's normal and those (usually little flaws) will get fixed with software updates that so far are still released and will be for a substantial amount of time no matter what. Perhaps it's not your device, but can you find another device that does have those things you miss?

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    09-26-13 09:20 PM
    Can someone just ban this soxfan or whatever his name is dude, he's a blag!

Posted via CB10
    Danny Ocean likes this.
    09-27-13 01:56 AM
    Constructive criticism on a few posts - completely acceptable. Every single day banging on about how the new Blackberry devices are like going back in time....NOT!

You do have some valid points but I think you really do need to get a life before spending what seems to be most of your day on CB just slating the Q10, probably singlehandedly putting people off buying the new devices.

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD and knownastron like this.
    09-27-13 01:58 AM
    Ulairi, get it for him. Since he is coming from webos, bb10 is probably the os he will like most. He will not be worried about support as he never had it with Palm. You would want him to try z10 too. I also had reservation regarding the keyboard but I like it now. Coming from Pre3 myself, I would say I am fairly happy with z10 and bb10. I still miss many things from Pre but I think this is the closest thing you can get to webos experience.

Posted via CB10
    I ordered him the phone today from Amazon. I don't care about contracts because I'm from China and I never have been on a phone contract. I just buy the device outright.

I hope it has good Chinese langauge support.
    cvendra likes this.
    09-30-13 01:50 PM
    I purchased the Q10 for him because he likes physical keyboards. His biggest problem with his iPhone was that he coudln't type on the keyboard without looking at it and using his thumbs. He felt iOS was designed to be used by one hand. He has a Playstation and doesn't play phone games. It's a communication device for him so apps aren't a big deal. I play a lot of games on my iPhone and take pictures of our daughter with it. If BBM ever comes to iOS then we can communicate easily.
    09-30-13 01:53 PM
    So glad you did. I read some of the comments to your question and felt really sorry for you. Nobody here should have to put up with that. Some people really feel the need to be extremely vocal about their opinions. Your husband should really enjoy the Q10 and if he ever needs help he can always join CB and look for answers or ask them. There are many more people, including myself, who enjoy this phone and would be happy to assist you. Take care.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    09-30-13 04:27 PM
    I purchased the Q10 for him because he likes physical keyboards. His biggest problem with his iPhone was that he coudln't type on the keyboard without looking at it and using his thumbs. He felt iOS was designed to be used by one hand. He has a Playstation and doesn't play phone games. It's a communication device for him so apps aren't a big deal. I play a lot of games on my iPhone and take pictures of our daughter with it. If BBM ever comes to iOS then we can communicate easily.
    Glad you made the purchase! Please ask us crackberry members for help if needed. I've had great support here and I'm really just a newbie. Hope your husband enjoys the phone.

Q10-Z10-iP5
    09-30-13 06:14 PM
    Just don't get the iPhones 5s.. have u seen reviews on it yet.. terrible battery life, bugs all over ios 7 which can cause errors even on older phones like the 4 and 4s and 5.. for the record, I've had a 4s, s3, more phones than I can count.. now the z10. Don't listen to the naysayers. BlackBerry laid off staff because back in the 2008-2009 time frame, they grew Wayyy too quickly and they are now selling fewer phones since it's still a very new platform so of course they had to downsize.. unfortunate but otherwise they waste precious cash to pay for what isn't yet needed.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 11:41 AM
    I got my husband and iPhone 5 for his birthday and he doesn't like it. He was hanging on to his Palm Pre 3 until it just stopped working. He llikes the physical keyboard. I read that Blackberry is getting out of the consumer market so I don't want to buy him this phone if it won't work in a year. Has there been any news?
    I would go for it; I think what they mean by not focusing so much on the consumer market is that they will not try to design and market so many different phones for the consumer.

I have thought in the past how do they do this, so many different phones to chose from, that takes a lot of resources just for design of the hard ware and I read where 7 of there top designers had left to open there own business.

BlackBerry� will still sale and support the consumer, 'they said in there letter to the public that they value and will support there customers.' I just don't think they are going to knock them self out trying to design a lot of consumer phones like LG for example which are about design and use different Operating systems for there phones.

I have really good feelings about BlackBerry, I think it will come back better and stronger...!
    10-17-13 10:54 PM
    on behalf of all the electronic devices out there . . . please don't take ur anger out on the defenseless devices.

Pot, meet Kettle.
    Well, I had my entertainment for the evening, so it's off to bed now.

First, OP, hopefully you've picked up on the fact that you just need to ignore SoxFan altogether. None of us are sure who he is, but anything valid he may accidentally add to the conversation will be stated in a less ranting fashion by someone more interested in helping you. And most of what he says is just nonsense.

As for the phone and bb's future, I think it is unlikely that the company will go completely under, but that is a possibility. They say they will be focusing on the business market, but if they stay in the handset business at all, this is one of the "business narket" handsets that will stay.

I'm very pleased with mine. I think if BlackBerry goes down, I'll end up being one of those guys like your huband has been, carrying around my device long after its manufacturer is gone, holding it together with rubber bands and chewing gum, because no one else is making something that quite fits my needs.

I say all this as someone who has been a BlackBerry user, but not really a fan, for years. I'm very disappointed in the company's inability to execute it's own plans effectively, but I do like their devices. They're not perfect and sometimes frustrating, but whenever I pick up an Android or especially an iPhone because I think it's time to try one of them out, I find myself even more frustrated with them, so, chewing gum and rubber bands. I'm starting to collect them.

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys and Danny Ocean like this.
    10-18-13 12:44 AM
    Congrats. Any word on how your husband likes the phone?
    11-13-13 11:16 PM
    He felt iOS was designed to be used by one hand. [...] It's a communication device for him so apps aren't a big deal. [...] If BBM ever comes to iOS then we can communicate easily.
    Your husband is right. iOS on the iPhone is indeed designed to be used with one hand. Even its keyboard and autocorrect are designed for one-handed thumb typing. If two-handed thumb typing and fast communication are his priorities, then chances are good that he is going to be very pleased with your gift!

Also, BBM is already available on iOS, so you can communicate with his Q10 already. If possible, let us know what he thinks of the phone.

Verizon Q10 with 10.2 :-)
    11-13-13 11:34 PM
93 ... 234