I did a search on here but with the Q10 being so new I couldn't find anything....

I have a Q10 and I have rules set up that automatically send e-mails from certain people to certain folders. My question is I am not being notified when an e-mail hits a certain folder. Is there any way to set up different ringtones for different folders in the e-mail? Or even have the same ringtone for every e-mail folder?
    07-12-13 08:53 AM
    dont think its possible yet. I can set up ringtones for each contact but i am not sure if that is an 10.2 feature of its available on 10.1
    07-12-13 09:01 AM
    There are third party apps like BeBuzz Pro and Hub++ that allow for many customizations for notifications. Check them both out in the BB10 Apps Forum and in BB World to see which you might prefer. IIRC, they're $3 each.

Please note that currently such apps must be left open as active frames to function.
    07-12-13 09:01 AM
    I don't think the notification controls are granular enough for folder level control like that, but if the folders are for different email accounts, you could always set up a different sound for each account. However, if the people are in your Contacts you can give messages from them a custom tone. Scroll to the very bottom of the contact's data and the option is there for custom ringtones and notifications.
    07-12-13 09:43 AM
    I guess what I am trying to say is that I have an email account setup and when an e-mail goes into a sub folder automatically I don't even receive a notification for it
    07-12-13 10:41 AM
    I had the same issue where the notification was not working when the email was sent to a subfolder.

After many hours of frustration i figured out that the rule had to be change.

In my case i use Exchange and outlook and the rule was set to stop processing after moving the email to the folder. I removed that and bingo the notifications started working again.

If your using GMAIL, i am afraid your out of luck, as i could not find a way for it to work. I started switching to OUTLOOK.com and that is working perfectly.

Good Luck
    07-14-13 11:33 AM