I need to be honest here everyone I've had some serious problems with the iphone 5 battery performance whereas Q10 doesn't fail me. Furthermore you can always get a spare battery for the Q10. You don't have that option with the iPhone and it's harder to come by an apple charging cable than a micro usb

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 10:06 PM
    Why wouldnt you just charge the phone..
    No dice for me. I've been in situations where a charger is not available to me and the phone has died.
    06-22-13 10:46 PM
    OP " The much lauded browser isn't as good as I was lead to believe. A major sticking point for me seems to be that most websites don't seem to identify the Blackberry Browser's user agent ID, which means they load up into normal desktop mode. On a screen like the Q10's, this makes them unreadable. Then I either have to guess what the mobile website address is, or navigate around the page and hope to find a link somewhere (always buried in tiny text, making it harder to find). This is really annoying. A simple solution would be to allow us the option to pick alternate user agent IDs such as mobile safari, opera mini, chrome, etc. Specific to the Q10, it would be nice to have the option to browse full screen without the address bar and perhaps just one translucent icon in the corner to bring up the menu."

If you look at the same page with your Iphone... a double tap on the text will likely suffice to make the text readable. Same with Android and my 9900. Not so with BB10. The text is enlarged but still too small and when you expand the text the text is not reformatted. Better browsers offer automatic text reformatting. At least the Iphone works well enough to be useful. BB10 browser is a big fail and not buying one until they get this right. My 9900 has a better result on a double tap. People here say that reader mode is the answer but not all sites are eligible for this treatment.

I want this:

Text reflow: smooth and clear
    HTC Sense redefines the smartphone web reading experience with text reflow. Instead of having to pan left and right like an old typewriter, onscreen text is dynamically tailored to the width of the screen so you only have to scroll down to read. Simply double tap the screen and the text will automatically reflow to fit the screen.
    06-23-13 12:08 AM
    Couldn't have said it better

Posted via CB10
    How will BBM kill Instagram? From what I understand the apps are different. I still hav a 9930 so I don't use Instagram yet. My GF uses it all the time and she shows me stuff all the time; it seems like its used for a totally different reason. Showing/sharing as opposed to messaging. Are you guys referring to BBM channels which I also haven't used? Thanks.
    06-23-13 12:50 AM
    If I had to take any phone over the Q10 it would probably be the iphone 5. Both are simple easy to use devices. Android phones can sometimes have more than what you need. The HTC One is nice but not really a fan of the whole blink feed thing. Looks like a serious battery killer. I've been going on a full day of use with my Q10 and I'm only at half way on my battery life. That is key at least for me when choosing a phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 01:10 AM
    As a heavy instagram user I'm appalled by putting it and BBM in the same basket they are so irrelevant to each other!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 09:03 AM
    "BBM will kill Instagram" = "BB10 will kill iOS/Android".

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 09:21 AM
    How will BBM kill Instagram? From what I understand the apps are different. I still hav a 9930 so I don't use Instagram yet. My GF uses it all the time and she shows me stuff all the time; it seems like its used for a totally different reason. Showing/sharing as opposed to messaging. Are you guys referring to BBM channels which I also haven't used? Thanks.
    Have you seen the photo editing features of OS10? I snapped a photo of my cat, and edited it like one would on photoshop and bbm'd it to my wife, all in about 90secs

Q10 all the way baby!
    06-29-13 09:14 PM
    OP " The much lauded browser isn't as good as I was lead to believe. A major sticking point for me seems to be that most websites don't seem to identify the Blackberry Browser's user agent ID, which means they load up into normal desktop mode. On a screen like the Q10's, this makes them unreadable. Then I either have to guess what the mobile website address is, or navigate around the page and hope to find a link somewhere (always buried in tiny text, making it harder to find). This is really annoying. A simple solution would be to allow us the option to pick alternate user agent IDs such as mobile safari, opera mini, chrome, etc. Specific to the Q10, it would be nice to have the option to browse full screen without the address bar and perhaps just one translucent icon in the corner to bring up the menu."

If you look at the same page with your Iphone... a double tap on the text will likely suffice to make the text readable. Same with Android and my 9900. Not so with BB10. The text is enlarged but still too small and when you expand the text the text is not reformatted. Better browsers offer automatic text reformatting. At least the Iphone works well enough to be useful. BB10 browser is a big fail and not buying one until they get this right. My 9900 has a better result on a double tap. People here say that reader mode is the answer but not all sites are eligible for this treatment.

I want this:

Text reflow: smooth and clear
    HTC Sense redefines the smartphone web reading experience with text reflow. Instead of having to pan left and right like an old typewriter, onscreen text is dynamically tailored to the width of the screen so you only have to scroll down to read. Simply double tap the screen and the text will automatically reflow to fit the screen.
    it's already on the BlackBerry under Reader in the overflow tab...

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 09:39 PM
    "BBM will kill Instagram" = "BB10 will kill iOS/Android".

Posted via CB10
    If we're talking about OSes, not business, it has slain both of them. It's far better. They're dead. They just don't know it yet.

The game is not over. It's still the first quarter.

And BBM will slay. It blows any social networking software out of the water, and it's private. I believe the privacy alone gives it a huge edge... but it's better in every other way too.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:06 PM
    Do it you won't regret having a Q10!!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 12:03 AM
    I went from BlackBerry9930 to iphone4 to a Q10. Free downloads again. Glory! They need to make all notifications real time again like OS7 and a few other things but, i haven't regretted the switch one bit.

Posted via Q10 from somewhere deep in the abyss that is the BlackDragon! -OOLONG
    07-18-13 05:21 PM
    I switched from an iPhone 4S, to a Z10 and then to a Q10 and it's been a great decision. To me BB10 as an OS is far superior to iOS and android. As far as the Q10 vs Z10, it all depends on personal preference. I value long battery life and a physical keyboard over a larger screen.

It's a great time to make the switch to BB10. A bunch of great apps have been coming to the platform recently (SoundHound, CNN, PlayOn, iHeart Radio, Crackle...) with many more to come soon. Also you really can't beat the OS. I've tried every platform and now have come full circle back to BlackBerry with the Q10.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    Last edited by BlackBerry4LifeVince; 07-18-13 at 07:34 PM.
    tinableee likes this.
    07-18-13 05:48 PM
    I just made the change (back) to BlackBerry after two years using an iPhone. Prior to my iPhone I was a 10+ year BlackBerry user with time off to try WebOS and Android. Intermittently while I was experimenting with other platforms I would re-activate a BlackBerry for a week at a time. It just felt like home.

I'm a Mac user so the iPhone seemed like a natural fit. I use iCal and my primary email address is a mac.com address. My iPhone did everything I ever asked of it and did it well, but I was never passionate about the iPhone. I always felt the UI looked a little juvenile and clownish, but it got the job done. I was never an app hound so perhaps the iPhone's greatest strength was lost on me.

I once swore I'd NEVER use an on-screen keyboard. After using my wife's original iPhone I was convinced I'd never be able to type worth a darn on it, but I got the hang of it eventually on my iPhone 4s. But getting used to it is not the same as being comfortable with it or being efficient with it. And efficiency has always been of paramount importance to me. Between the truly superior keyboard on my Q10 and the core BlackBerry apps I find I'm most efficient with BlackBerrys. I like how BlackBerrys (even BB10 devices) function and I understand it. My Q10 works WITH me, the way I work. I love BlackBerry's message handling and the customizability of the Hub, and BBM is awesome. BB10 will have growing pains for some time to come, but it's well on it's way and I'm loving it. No regrets. In fact, to get the Q10 I ported my service from Sprint and their lousy network (data speeds were abysmal!) to Verizon and their 4G LTE. My only regret was not porting to Verizon sooner.
    07-18-13 09:23 PM
    I just made the change (back) to BlackBerry after two years using an iPhone. Prior to my iPhone I was a 10+ year BlackBerry user with time off to try WebOS and Android. Intermittently while I was experimenting with other platforms I would re-activate a BlackBerry for a week at a time. It just felt like home.

I'm a Mac user so the iPhone seemed like a natural fit. I use iCal and my primary email address is a mac.com address. My iPhone did everything I ever asked of it and did it well, but I was never passionate about the iPhone. I always felt the UI looked a little juvenile and clownish, but it got the job done. I was never an app hound so perhaps the iPhone's greatest strength was lost on me.

I once swore I'd NEVER use an on-screen keyboard. After using my wife's original iPhone I was convinced I'd never be able to type worth a darn on it, but I got the hang of it eventually on my iPhone 4s. But getting used to it is not the same as being comfortable with it or being efficient with it. And efficiency has always been of paramount importance to me. Between the truly superior keyboard on my Q10 and the core BlackBerry apps I find I'm most efficient with BlackBerrys. I like how BlackBerrys (even BB10 devices) function and I understand it. My Q10 works WITH me, the way I work. I love BlackBerry's message handling and the customizability of the Hub, and BBM is awesome. BB10 will have growing pains for some time to come, but it's well on it's way and I'm loving it. No regrets. In fact, to get the Q10 I ported my service from Sprint and their lousy network (data speeds were abysmal!) to Verizon and their 4G LTE. My only regret was not porting to Verizon sooner.
    Agreed 100%!

I've used BlackBerry devices for years the decided after approx 10+ yrs as a BlackBerry user to switch to the samsung galaxy note at the time!
    Here's the thing I think I'm an avid typist and familiar with the qwerty layout, and I can even type without looking at the screen. BUT the inaccuracy of the touch screen typing would make me wanto to rip my hair out daily! I use my devices for business and my needs need to be handled efficiently! This is where I think ios and android lacklustre!

I've even used swype!

In the time it took for me to type this on the Q10 I would have ended up with a lot of gibbly gook typed out on a virtual keyboard without using backspace correcting to fix the typing errors. So it would take double the time to go back and correct mistype as I go along. It was a hassle, waste of time and simply a toy, never a business device in my eyes. If you're a business person don't even look at android and ios, let me save you the hassle and frustration!

However I still do use my tablet as a conjunction device for work but I am ready to throw it off the the 63 floor office Window.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 03:44 PM
40 12