Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 08:48 PM
    Sorry about the double post. Pressed "post" prior to finishing.

Long story short I had a Q10 from April 2014 which was replaced with a unit back in November 2014 with a refurbished unit under warranty for a different issue. Both phones had no issue with double type.

I do appear to now have a odd issue where once in a while I will get a double typed letter. Cant figure out if it's just my typing trying to be too quick or if it's a software/hardware issue.

For those who do suffer from this known issue, when did it start to occur?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 08:51 PM
    I started noticing it 2 months in. It started with just one letter. A year later, now I'm noticing other random letters double typing at random times.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 10:50 PM
    Started just after the 10.3.1 update!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 09:30 AM
    my sister had that issue with 10.3 update too! How do you fix it?
    06-04-15 12:11 PM
    Within a few months of use. And that's on many Q10s over the past two years. And yes, every one of them developed double-typing. Launch models as well as 2015 purchases. I finally got wise and just replaced the keyboard myself.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 02:57 PM
    2-3 months in, 3 keyboards replaced. It waas doing it even with 10.2 so the software update didn't cause thhis problem. I gave up and the current keyboard is almost 1 year old - evven back spaces doubles.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 06:14 PM
    Just about at the 6 month mark, and got really bad within a few months after that.
    06-04-15 07:31 PM
    After about one month.
    06-04-15 11:28 PM
    My first started to develop DT two months after, and my current one hasn't done so yet.

 Q10 SQN100-3/10.3.2.798 
    06-04-15 11:31 PM
    2-3 months in, 3 keyboards replaced. It waas doing it even with 10.2 so the software update didn't cause thhis problem. I gave up and the current keyboard is almost 1 year old - evven back spaces doubles.

Posted via CB10
    Lol at your double typed reply :-)

Posted via CB10
    joeragan and elfabio80 like this.
    06-05-15 01:01 PM
    I know this topic has been discussed a billion times and frankly since I wasn't having issues I didn't pay great attention.

Since some people including myself appear to have this issue develop later on and some after 10.3.1. Is it safe to assume that this is a software issue??

Thx

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 03:03 PM
    I've had 3 Q10s.

First one I had 6 months and it did not have double typing, but the speaker went out and AT&T replaced it under warranty.

Second one I had only 3 months, did not have double typing, but it took a swim in the ocean with me. RIP

Third one (white) I had for maybe 3 months and double-typing started. I could not get it replaced under warranty because I had taken it apart to replace the slippery white back with the carbon fiber black back.

A local repair guy quoted me $75 to replace the keyboard, but I figured I'd just wait for the passport, so switched to my Z30 as my primary for a while.
    06-05-15 03:10 PM
    I got mine Nov 3, 2014. No double tying,.

Q10 Filipinas
    06-06-15 01:27 AM
    I know this topic has been discussed a billion times and frankly since I wasn't having issues I didn't pay great attention.

Since some people including myself appear to have this issue develop later on and some after 10.3.1. Is it safe to assume that this is a software issue??

Thx

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely not. See my comment above.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 08:02 AM
    Sorry about the double post. Pressed "post" prior to finishing.

Long story short I had a Q10 from April 2014 which was replaced with a unit back in November 2014 with a refurbished unit under warranty for a different issue. Both phones had no issue with double type.

I do appear to now have a odd issue where once in a while I will get a double typed letter. Cant figure out if it's just my typing trying to be too quick or if it's a software/hardware issue.

For those who do suffer from this known issue, when did it start to occur?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    This is 100% a hardware issue. That's why replacing the Q10's keyboard fixes double-typing without having to mess with reflashing the OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 09:04 AM
    I just installed 10.3.2 and double typing has started, it's kinda annoying. I just purchased a used q10 a week back and first 6 days it worked fine. Weird eh
    06-06-15 11:48 AM
    I just installed 10.3.2 and double typing has started, it's kinda annoying. I just purchased a used q10 a week back and first 6 days it worked fine. Weird eh
    It's a hardware issue that coouuld be fixed with a software trick. The main problem is ignorant blackberry doesn't want to admit the problem annd I understand them.

Imagine a title in "The Verge" - "BlackBerry admits there keyboards are faulty ". It would the the last nail in the coffin.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 12:44 PM
    It's a hardware issue that coouuld be fixed with a software trick. The main problem is ignorant blackberry doesn't want to admit the problem annd I understand them.

Imagine a title in "The Verge" - "BlackBerry admits there keyboards are faulty ". It would the the last nail in the coffin.

Posted via CB10
    I got a q10 because my 5s is gone for a replacement and I am waiting for my telco to give me my new device and my s34g died on me haha. To be honest, even with the keyboard double typing, the q10 is a pretty good device, it's really underrated. All OEMs have some or another fault that they just won't admit - like the i6+ 128gb has issues with the nand storage but apple won't admit it. Samething with BB, the keyboard is one of their main selling points and if they admit it has issues, that small percentage of people are interested in getting a BB would think twice.
    06-06-15 01:09 PM
    Could DT be a result of keyboard 'problem' if there was a pressure on the keyboard? Like you put it in your back pocket or sat on it?

Which could have caused the hardware problem (if it is a hardware problem, some are saying it could be a software problem).

Posted via BlackBerry Classic 
    06-06-15 08:07 PM
    I got a q10 because my 5s is gone for a replacement and I am waiting for my telco to give me my new device and my s34g died on me haha. To be honest, even with the keyboard double typing, the q10 is a pretty good device, it's really underrated. All OEMs have some or another fault that they just won't admit - like the i6+ 128gb has issues with the nand storage but apple won't admit it. Samething with BB, the keyboard is one of their main selling points and if they admit it has issues, that small percentage of people are interested in getting a BB would think twice.
    I didn't say it's a bad device. It was a great device for its release time. I still can't imagine a work day without it.

If Apple admits somwthings wrong - it wouldn't hurt them. If BlackBerry admits their physical keyboards are going bad quick - they are in trouble.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 08:56 PM
    If BlackBerry admits their physical keyboards are going bad quick - they are in trouble.
    There would be no need to admit anything.

A few hour of work for the software dept to insert a simple solution. (detection of multiple key presses, compare word to known list of words with twin letters (book, took, shook beer) and just remove all but one of the multiplied key strokes).
    As this is a hardware fault, detecting multiple key strokes would be easy to accomplish.
    They could sneak the "fix" into a release, not tell anyone and not admit anything. The DT's would just go away...

That's my Cpt Obvious and arm chair CEO solution.

Get it done BlackBerry, it is getting hard to defend your flaws... a physical kb is why many of us even bother staying aboard this listing ship.
    jeanholton1 and benwards2 like this.
    06-07-15 06:02 PM
    There would be no need to admit anything.

A few hour of work for the software dept to insert a simple solution. (detection of multiple key presses, compare word to known list of words with twin letters (book, took, shook beer) and just remove all but one of the multiplied key strokes).
    As this is a hardware fault, detecting multiple key strokes would be easy to accomplish.
    They could sneak the "fix" into a release, not tell anyone and not admit anything. The DT's would just go away...

That's my Cpt Obvious and arm chair CEO solution.

Get it done BlackBerry, it is getting hard to defend your flaws... a physical kb is why many of us even bother staying aboard this listing ship.
    I agree with you. It will not happen or they have problems implementing it. They had over an year to react.

Posted via CB10
    jeanholton1 likes this.
    06-07-15 10:27 PM
    I love that Cpt Obvious solution! If only...

I never replaced my keyboards or phone. Mainly because I read so many posts where people said they had the same problems even after getting replacements. My Q annoys me but I am used to its imperfections and I have figured out some workarounds. I love my Z30 too, but I love my imperfect PKB even more. I was going to get the Classic this summer but it sounds like there are so many similar issues. I think I might just keep using what I have and let my daughter use my upgrade.

It is a hardware issue for sure. When I see people say that it isn't, I wanna scream. Haha.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 11:45 PM
    I've had my Q-10 over a year and it just started DT mmaybe a month ago. It was just on A, but now other letters and space also. So annoying, I have goofed up words and broken sentences everywhere.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 10:20 PM
42 12