i was an original blackberry user 9700 / 9000. i went to ios and then android for flexibility. now i thinking of q10 because its portable and small.

my questions are

my contacts are stored in gmail
    i use google calendar

i also keep notes in google keeps / evernote. i dont mind changing the note keeping service as long as its kind of multi platform, i can access on my mac, online, android tablet etc

can i sync these on the phone? would it be easy to set up with a q10 to use this.

how long does the battery life last? i am with ee in the uk, will i be able to get 4g speeds on their network

the apps i reguarly use are pocket and feedly rss, twitter, facebook,
    i understand you can install apks on android 10, which is great, so i should have no problem finding apk files...

i hope you can help
    04-22-14 09:24 AM
    i was an original blackberry user 9700 / 9000. i went to ios and then android for flexibility. now i thinking of q10 because its portable and small.

my questions are

my contacts are stored in gmail
    i use google calendar

i also keep notes in google keeps / evernote. i dont mind changing the note keeping service as long as its kind of multi platform, i can access on my mac, online, android tablet etc

can i sync these on the phone? would it be easy to set up with a q10 to use this.
    Yes. I also use Gmail, Google Calendar, and Evernote. Everything syncs just fine. When you are setting things up, be sure to choose the Gmail account as your default calendar, otherwise new entries will only be saved on the "local", i.e., phone only calendar.

how long does the battery life last? i am with ee in the uk, will i be able to get 4g speeds on their network
    I'm in the US with 4G/LTE and battery life is very respectable. I expect a smartphone to need a charge just once a day, when I go to sleep. I've had the Q10 less than a week, but so far I haven't been disappointed.

the apps i reguarly use are pocket and feedly rss, twitter, facebook,
    i understand you can install apks on android 10, which is great, so i should have no problem finding apk files...

i hope you can help
    I also use Pocket quite a lot. There's a native BB10 Pocket client called ReadItNow that works well. I haven't tried to use the Android Pocket app, since RIN works fine and I prefer to support BB10 developers. There are a couple of ways to install apks, as long as you have version 10.2.1.xxxx or better on your Q10. One is to sideload an app called Snap, which acts as a front end to Google Play. Another is to download the Amazon app store to your device from the browser and install that directly. Not all Android apps work well, but many do.

I don't use Feedly but I do use my Feedly account with GNewsReader, in BB World. There are native Twitter and Facebook apps. I'm not a heavy Twitter user but I gather some people prefer the app Blaq over the native Twitter app.
    04-22-14 09:35 AM
    You can sync your Gmail stuff. We have Evernote. Battery will be much better then what your used to just give it a day or to to settle in. As far as 4g check on ee website and see if the phone supports it I don't know I'm sure it does though . You have your facebook and twitter apps hope that helps a little bit

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 09:39 AM
    thank you guys, so it may be a simple process migrating back...
    i havent used a querty keyboad bb in years, is it still as fast as i remember then typing on a touch screen and is there auto correct options with the physical keyboard
    04-22-14 10:03 AM
    It took me about a week honestly. Now I'm as fast with no errors. On touchscreens you have to tap and on qwerty keyboards you have to add the press to tapping. I had to retrain myself to slide my fingers across (can't do on touchscreen) which is far more tactile and I make way less mistakes and is faster

Posted from Q10
    04-22-14 10:12 AM