I get 1-2 days off a charge for my Q10 easy. My 4S I'd be lucky to get a day and never more than that. My wife is also lucky to get 1 day with her iphone 5.

Posted via CB10
    Q10 my friend lasts 1 day with heavy use and the same does iPhone5.
    Believe it or not that's the truth.
    If you don't use it a lot than it will last 2 days

Send From My Sexy BlackBerry Q10 ......
    11-12-13 03:14 AM
    Mine never last more than 8 hrs. But am suspecting because of poor telco signal.

SQN100-3 pin:2AF2C952
    11-12-13 06:05 AM
    Q10 is perfect but I have to tell for sure that a jailbroken iPhone and I don't mean cracked apps but system customization can do almost everything.
    A jailbroken iPhone is an amazing device and you won't need iTunes either, you can do everything without a need from your PC.
    I none jailbroken iPhone is miles away back from a Q10, but unfortunately for me a jailbroken is a little bit above from it .
    The battery cause I have used both of them a lot in my opinion they have almost the same battery life.
    It's unfair to say that the Q10 has amazing battery and the iPhone 5 not.
    It's a lie, both of them have almost the same battery life

Did that jailbreak already on the iPhone it's not really limited customization. For all that you can just get a android cause that's basically what what the iPhone does
    11-12-13 09:49 PM
    I think the q10 is superior if you are a phone user that primarily uses your phone for communication. If you love apps, games and like a simple device and don't like learning different hot keys and such I think the iPhone is better. My brother has a q10 and I love it

Posted via my Z30
    11-12-13 10:18 PM
    Unless hard key qwerty keyboard is your primary and overriding objective, the decision should be pretty obvious. There are few things, IMO, that10 does better than iPhone, and many advantages of iPhone over Q10. Of course, there's also the fact the Balcberry is discontinuing the consumer business, close to going out of business (could even sell itself in whole or in parts), and upgrades and improvements are slow and likely getting fewer and slower. So, you really need to be a die hard to buy a Blackberry these days. Of coursw, you can't even be a Blackberry die hard, because BB10s are the "unBlackberry" in terms of functionality. Therefore, I come back to one basic defining dimension: if you are a qwerty loyalist, this is your best device.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 10:39 PM
    Re: ur point 1, the ios7 search is quite compelling. The issue I have with bb10 is let's say you searched for a contact or whatever prior. And you go back later to search for something else. You have to back out from the prior search results instead of automatically resetting to a new search operation which slow things down considerably esp when compared to the ios7 swipe down insta- search. The search speed is much snappier on my 5s too.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong on my q10?
    Yep you're doing it wrong. I use search all the time...like every single thing I do starts as a search. I've never once backed out the prior search results. I just start typing on the home screen and that starts a new search.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 10:46 PM
    Re: ur point 1, the ios7 search is quite compelling. The issue I have with bb10 is let's say you searched for a contact or whatever prior. And you go back later to search for something else. You have to back out from the prior search results instead of automatically resetting to a new search operation which slow things down considerably esp when compared to the ios7 swipe down insta- search. The search speed is much snappier on my 5s too.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong on my q10?
    Overlake: you're 100% correct. This is a well acknowledged design flow of BB10. But BB10 wasn't deigned with any pre-existing Blackberry functionality in mind or for productivity. Most functions take 1-2 more steps than they did w BB7.

Think about it, 10-15 years and gazillions of user experiences evolved into BB7. This is/was a huge competitive advantage. BB7 didn't have all those little moments of delight on day one of for no reason: smart people listened and learned from lots of customers over many years. So, of course, you never had to do contact input delete w BB7, but you do with BB10.

Hopefully they are reading these forum and will fix it. But it should even remotely be an issue in the first place. We shouldn't be going backwards to go forwards. The functionality and advantages that existed previously should have been baked in as starting points. Most people get this and to a large extent, this explains these kind of things explain the products' lack of popularity.
    11-12-13 11:06 PM
    I'm no iHater. I think the iPhone is a great phone and a perfect fit for many people.

You need to assess what you need and want from a phone.

I really like my Q10. I prefer it to the iPhone 5 I carried around for a few months.

I love the keyboard, hub and peak, inter-app sharing (Android style), removable battery, and the solid build. The apps that are most important to me are all on BlackBerry 10 so I gave up very little, and gained much.

Posted via CB10
    I've had my iPhone 5 for nearly 4 months and, while I consider it to be the best smartphone I've owned to date, I've never tried a BB10 device and find myself missing a physical keyboard at times.

What, in your opinion, is the biggest advantage your Q10 has over your i5.

Also, can you tell me how the app side-loading experience is on the Q10? I'm curious, since the screen size is so different from most other phones.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-16-13 08:59 AM
    I've had my iPhone 5 for nearly 4 months and, while I consider it to be the best smartphone I've owned to date, I've never tried a BB10 device and find myself missing a physical keyboard at times.

What, in your opinion, is the biggest advantage your Q10 has over your i5.

Also, can you tell me how the app side-loading experience is on the Q10? I'm curious, since the screen size is so different from most other phones.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    The physical keyboard is fantastic. Camera is better on the i5. Load the latest leak and side loading is a thing of the past bc you can install android apks directly to your phone.

STL100-3 10.2.1.1055, SQN100-1 10.2.0.1803
    11-16-13 09:12 AM
    The keyboard is so far superior on the BlackBerry it isn't even comparable. I think that is true for both Z and Q devices. I find typing on the iPhone to be a bad experience by comparison. That said, iOS7 IMO is a better mobile computing experience, so it depends what your primary use is for the phone. One other caveat: I prefer the gesture based OS to the use of a home button. I'm tired of the home button as a way of switching.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 12:12 PM
    Q10 my friend lasts 1 day with heavy use and the same does iPhone5.
    Believe it or not that's the truth.
    If you don't use it a lot than it will last 2 days

My Q10 lasts all day easily, the iPhone I had last (iPhone 5) would only last 7-8 hours usage.
    11-16-13 10:48 PM
    My 5s has markedly better batt life than q10
    11-17-13 03:33 AM
    Here are a couple of screen shots from Battery Guru. Actual usage instead of opinion. The white line is battery strength, black line is power consumption.

The first shot is from a day when I used the phone all day as a 4G hotspot for my PC. The spike in the black line is from a 15 minute charge I gave it in the middle of the day. This is 8 hours of constant usage:

Thinking of iphone to q10-img_00000190.png

This one is from a day with fairly regular use, but no hotspot usage. During most of the time on this chart, the phone was playing an audio book using the Audible app:

Thinking of iphone to q10-img_00000191.png

Here's a day when the phone was playing Audible content pretty continuously. Around 6:30 pm, I got into an area with a weak cell pgone signal. You see what happens to power consumption.

Thinking of iphone to q10-img_00000192.png

Last, this is last night while I slept. RSS Buddy was running and checking feeds regularly:

Thinking of iphone to q10-img_00000193.png

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:01 AM
    Finally got my q10 goodnight iPhone I'm back!!!!
    11-29-13 07:32 PM
    I'm curious; when you replaced your BlackBerry with an iPhone, did someone convince you? Or did you simply buy an iPhone and test it for X days before committing to it fully?

Yep, I say simply buy a BlackBerry, use it for the 14-30 day trial period (depending on carrier) on see how it goes from there.

PS: Now that Android apps are more readily available for BlackBerry, you should hopefully be able to get all the apps you want/need.
    11-29-13 08:33 PM
    I'm curious; when you replaced your BlackBerry with an iPhone, did someone convince you? Or did you simply buy an iPhone and test it for X days before committing to it fully?

Yep, I say simply buy a BlackBerry, use it for the 14-30 day trial period (depending on carrier) on see how it goes from there.

PS: Now that Android apps are more readily available for BlackBerry, you should hopefully be able to get all the apps you want/need.
    No I had the iPhone for two years did research on the bb10 software. Then pick a phone to come back to

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 09:46 PM
    Battery life depends a lot upon usage and content. I have several thousand contacts, tons of appointments, and use the phone and email constantly throughout a day. Once your OS is stable (a day or so) it is rock solid for a full day of use...charge it every night and you will probably never kill the battery unless you stream video or use it as a hotspot. My girlfriend uses her 5S about the same or less than i use my Q10 and she usually has battery or power issues befgore the night is over.

Download the Leaked OS releases either 10.2.0.XXXX or 10.2.1.1055 and you will have amazing features. 1055 will give you almost every Android app (not all) but the 10.2.0.XXXX releases are faster and more stable just not as easy to utilize as many android apps.
    11-29-13 11:22 PM

Download the Leaked OS releases either 10.2.0.XXXX or 10.2.1.1055 and you will have amazing features. 1055 will give you almost every Android app (not all) but the 10.2.0.XXXX releases are faster and more stable just not as easy to utilize as many android apps.
    I installed 10.2.1.1055 and am very pleased enev though it does have a number of bugs. The bugs are all (for me) sort of odd but not annoying. So many improvements, though!

That said, people concerned about battery life need to know that the first couple of days after installing the leak are brutal on the battery.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 07:56 AM
68 123