I am a current passport owner for more than a year, however the phone has been sent for warranty replacement from various defects. In the mean time, I am thinking to pick up a used Q10 for roughly $120 with an external battery pack (2800mah).

My concern is that passport is a bit too large and heavy to put carry in my front chest scrub, where Q10 might be a good size for the job.
    Do you think it is still worth to buy or I shall wait for second gen Q10?

There are couple of android apps which I do need to run: wechat, LINE, and some other bank apps.
    Do you think Q10 will fit my needs?

Any advice is appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    jenniedstarr76 likes this.
    12-21-15 01:25 PM
    The Q10 is a good pick up. I wouldn't get rid of the passport. I would use them both. Have the q10 for communication and use the passport like a tablet. Also the passport will come in handy for that extra horsepower

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 02:50 PM
    The Q10 for $120 is a great deal. I would pull the trigger on that purchase in a heartbeat.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 06:21 PM
    Don't hold your breath for a 2nd generation Q10, although I would love to see one running bb10.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 06:28 PM
    Thanks for the comments. No, I will not get rid of passport, as it's still on its way for replacement, which will take about a month back and forth.

The main idea to get the Q is due to its compact size and versatility for my surgical rounds each day. Also, since I am coming from passport, don't know how well Q10 performs for all the messages, emails and occasional android messaging apps? I hope the Q will still keep up the tasks, considering it's a 2-3 year old device.

Lastly, Q10 parts can be easily acquired for cheap as for maintenance goes.

How does Q10 go in terms of general daily uses, like I mentioned above?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 08:11 PM
    I was also considering getting classic, however the hardware spec is no different from Q10 other than the larger screen size and tool belt. As a work phone, the main idea should fit the following criteria:

Durability
    Easily to repair
    Acceptable speed for multi-tasking and general messaging
    Size
    Versatility (replaceable battery)
    Keyboard(of course)
    Price

I figured Q might be a superior buy than classic in every aspect

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and AllanQuatermain like this.
    12-21-15 08:23 PM
    They are pretty much the same in all that except for the replaceable battery and price difference.

If in very good condition that price is a steal.

Posted via CB10
    jeanholton1 likes this.
    12-22-15 12:14 AM
    I am a current passport owner for more than a year, however the phone has been sent for warranty replacement from various defects. In the mean time, I am thinking to pick up a used Q10 for roughly $120 with an external battery pack (2800mah).

My concern is that passport is a bit too large and heavy to put carry in my front chest scrub, where Q10 might be a good size for the job.
    Do you think it is still worth to buy or I shall wait for second gen Q10?

There are couple of android apps which I do need to run: wechat, LINE, and some other bank apps.
    Do you think Q10 will fit my needs?

Any advice is appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    I have been able to download Line on my Q10 and it runs just fine. As far as Banking apps, I just use the browser and pin the website to the homescreen.

I purchased my Q10 used and had the double typing problem on my keyboard. I have since replaced the keyboard myself and all is well again. $120 for th Q10 is a great price assuming it's in good shape and no double typing issues. Even with that, it's simple enough to replace the keyboard. Replacement keyboards are inexpensive and plentiful.

Posted via Q10 SQN100-2/Z10 STL 100-3
    12-22-15 12:15 AM
    Don't hold your breath for a 2nd generation Q10, although I would love to see one running bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Precisely. Where has anything bee mentioned that there will e successors to the Q10, Passport or Classic?
    12-22-15 12:27 AM
    Thanks for all the comments again. Yes, the phone was originally purchased a year ago brand new from UK, which still has remaining year warranty left from BlackBerry. The phone is in 9/10 condition without any dents nor scratches. It also comes with 2800mah piggy back battery pack which is a huge bonus for my prolonged work hours. The phone seems very solid, however the only down side is that the owner doesn't have the original package.

Here are some of the photos provided by the seller. I indeed think it will be an excellent work horse for my need in addition to cheap parts to repair if anything goes wrong after another year of warranty.

Thinking of getting a Q10 advice is needed.-q1.jpg
    Thinking of getting a Q10 advice is needed.-q2.jpg
    Thinking of getting a Q10 advice is needed.-q3.jpg
    Thinking of getting a Q10 advice is needed.-q6.jpg
    Thinking of getting a Q10 advice is needed.-q5.jpg
    Thinking of getting a Q10 advice is needed.-q4.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 01:12 AM
    As I do not answer Android apps, I can not comment.

However, for communication, such as emails, phone, BBM, SMS, etc., the Q is stellar. And with a replaceable battery it just keeps going and going.

Last by not least, the footprint can not be beat - easy to put in a pocket or scrubs. And all is good for one hand use.
    12-22-15 01:46 AM
    Have the passport right now,for my new job grabbing a brand new gold q10 for next to nothing here in dubai as nobody wants these phones now, even here. I still think bb10 is the best OS when it comes to work email+ attachments+messaging etc with the hub

This info passed on with the BlackBerry Passport!
    12-22-15 02:37 AM
    I am also in dilemma, I am currently using LG L90 Android and I hate it.. This is my second Android phone and it will not be my choice this time. I can't decide between Luma 640 and this Q10. I am not tied to OS by apps or anything. Main phone use would be calls, text (sms/email), web browsing, reading/posting on forums and music listening. I don't use many apps, mostly TapaTalk for forums. Also, I need to make sure that antenna on this model is good since I loose mobile signal a lot on this Android. Also I am afraid to loose OS support for Q10 in near future if I buy it.. Luma 640 would cost me 140 euros and Q10 170 euros, your thoughts, opinions and advice?
    12-22-15 04:40 AM
    Go for Q10. It's a good alternative for the big brother, Passport.

Pasaporte Pilipinas� | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    12-22-15 04:47 AM
    I love my Q10 and would recommend it to anyone who needs a communication and productivity workhorse. It think you would find the size to be perfect for your use case, and that external battery case should make your Q10 easily last through a busy day and more.

In my case, I have an OEM battery charging bundle. If I ever find myself with a low battery before the end of the day (which rarely, if ever happens), I simply swap in a fresh one. No need to be tethered to a wall or external battery pack.

I also really enjoy the keyboard and they are pretty easy and inexpensive to replace yourself if it ever comes to that.

BB10, although it is likely going to fade away over the next year or two, is still the best mobile OS available in my opinion. I keep tinkering with other platforms but always find myself coming back to BB10. I suspect that will keep happening with me until BB10 no longer exists.

I think you should definitely give the Q10 a try. If it doesn't work out you can always turn around and sell it.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    Mike Owsley likes this.
    12-22-15 07:47 AM
    Thanks for all the comments.

After reading the above positive feedback, I have spoken with the seller and he will ship out the phone tomorrow.

In the mean time, I am shopping two OEM NX1 batteries and bundle from amazon.

Aside from brand new batteries, what rubber bumper case do yall recommend? I have also considered the BlackBerry soft shell case too.

I have been trying to look for something similar to iphone5 bumper case without the back plate, but no luck.

Thx.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 08:33 AM
    Just received my q10 gold edition, brand new right out of the box 8 keys didn't work. Barly depressed or didn't move at at all. Had to turn of wifi security on my router because I could not type in my password. This sucks. The shop is sending me a new one.

This info passed on with the BlackBerry Passport!
    12-22-15 09:35 AM
    Thanks for all the comments.

After reading the above positive feedback, I have spoken with the seller and he will ship out the phone tomorrow.

In the mean time, I am shopping two OEM NX1 batteries and bundle from amazon.

Aside from brand new batteries, what rubber bumper case do yall recommend? I have also considered the BlackBerry soft shell case too.

I have been trying to look for something similar to iphone5 bumper case without the back plate, but no luck.

Thx.

Posted via CB10
    I have the soft shell case and I like it because it is not bulky and adds a layer of protection from bumps and scrapes. It is very easy to put on and remove, too, for those times when I want to admire the metal and carbon fiber weave. The Q10 really is a classy little phone.

12-22-15 11:08 AM
    I have the soft shell case and I like it because it is not bulky and adds a layer of protection from bumps and scrapes. It is very easy to put on and remove, too, for those times when I want to admire the metal and carbon fiber weave. The Q10 really is a classy little phone.

Just ordered a bunch of accessories for my future Q10.

1. Incipio case
    2. 2x NX1 battery bundle ($7.xx dirt cheap)
    3. BlackBerry leather pouch
    4. Cheap screen protector (TechPro tempered glass is currently out of stock..darn)

It's funny that somehow I am a bit excited to see my next phone Q10, and I am sure it will be an excellent work horse! Even tho the phone is used but in good condition. Woah!

Here are some more shots provided by the seller. Looks extremely well kept, plus it's still got one more year warranty left.

Thinking of getting a Q10 advice is needed.-q8.jpg
    Thinking of getting a Q10 advice is needed.-q9.jpg
    Thinking of getting a Q10 advice is needed.-q10-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    12-22-15 01:34 PM
    The Q10 is a workhorse of a phone. You will not regret it. I'm thinking of grabbing another. I've gone back to it due to a change of jobs. I no longer need the passport. I forgot how great having a small phone can be. On the plus side, the Q10 is still powerful enough to run quite a few android apps well enough.

Posted via CB10
    BoldPreza likes this.
    12-22-15 01:50 PM
    Just ordered a bunch of accessories for my future Q10.

1. Incipio case
    2. 2x NX1 battery bundle ($7.xx dirt cheap)
    3. BlackBerry leather pouch
    4. Cheap screen protector (TechPro tempered glass is currently out of stock..darn)

It's funny that somehow I am a bit excited to see my next phone Q10, and I am sure it will be an excellent work horse! Even tho the phone is used but in good condition. Woah!
    Great accessories! You should be excited!

I've been thinking of picking up a leather pouch, myself. Maybe even try a holster.

12-22-15 02:39 PM
    You made a great choice! I always come back to my Q10. There is something so visually appealing about it. And the OS is so snappy.

From the pictures it looks like the seller took great care of it too.

Enjoy your new phone

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 08:05 PM
    I really want physical keyboard but I don't want to loose OS support from BB. Also I am unsure if 3.1" screen will be enough..
    12-23-15 06:52 AM
    Have purchased a second Q10 this year. Don't regret. Unlocked SQN100-5. Am on third upgrade OS. Plan on extended use!
    12-23-15 11:57 AM
    I recently gave my Q10 to my gf...her one is stuck with 10-0020 problem....and I got a Leap. Although I really like the Leap for the screen, q10 is wonderful for its size and keyboard. Battery was always super good. I do miss the q10 and I always recommend someone to buy it!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 12:53 PM
58 123