Charging dock contacts.

I'm finding it difficult to think of one of the many improvements I would be willing to sacrifice for them back though.
    05-04-13 02:59 PM
    [QUOTE=belfastdispatcher;8421657]I expect more from a new platform, not less. Sure we might get some features back but I'm still waiting for OS10.1 and I'm still fed up with seeing this. At this rate it will take forever to get any features back.
    Attachment 157744

How did you get Read Email Receipt?
    05-05-13 11:17 PM
    [QUOTE=rnette;8432012]
    I expect more from a new platform, not less. Sure we might get some features back but I'm still waiting for OS10.1 and I'm still fed up with seeing this. At this rate it will take forever to get any features back.
    Attachment 157744

How did you get Read Email Receipt?
    Because I set the same accounts on my 9900 where you can ask for read receipts in settings. BB10 email can't do that.
    05-06-13 02:37 AM
    Hate not seeing the time when watching a movie

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 08:15 AM
    I miss being able to see if I have any missed msgs in the top status bar with the time... that and the date.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 10:37 AM
    I am missing Home / Call / Hang up buttons the most!
    wish they just put them on my Q10 even if they have to move the screen up a bit
    05-06-13 01:26 PM
    Meant to be a quote reply to athomas917's I miss jads comment on page 2:

Absolutely. I would load cods from previous devices all the time. Most worked great from my 9000 through to my 9900. Examples:
    FlyCast20 2.00-FlyCast (OS 5 legacy)
    GoogleMail 2.0.7-Google (OS 5 legacy)
    MusicalAlarmClock 2.0.0-Karvi Technologies, Inc. (OS 6 legacy)
    Ontocalander 3.5.9-Soundslikeobiwan (OS 5 legacy)
    SMap 1.6.1-Sanoodi (OS 5 legacy)

I'll try to be patient, but other apps I desperately miss are:
    Aces Solitaire Pack 2 (my one guilty pleasure)
    BeWeather (w location-based weather and notification bar icons)
    BB Application Resource Monitor
    BB Bridge 2.1.0.34 (you know the one that did things?)
    Endomondo Sports Tracker PRO
    ExtraKeys
    QuickLaunch
    Mobiola xPlayer (ok another guilty pleasure. I want to be able to play folders of mp3s and not rely on f'ing tags)
    Last edited by BCMike; 05-06-13 at 03:28 PM.
    05-06-13 03:10 PM
    Absolutely, it was great to hit one icon and see all the social media dribble in one que.
    social feeds

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 03:13 PM
    two devices requires two sim cards. Hotswapping BB ID is not a thing and besides the Q10 uses a "microSIM" while the 9900 uses a standard SIM. Don't know about you but I can't afford two plans for me, I'm already carrying plans for my wife and kids.
    That is what I meant by definition of "Done." The device is fully functional. It has room to grow and I am willing to accept that.

A house can't be fit for habitation unless it's got running water. However, I might want to add a deck that my old house had and that I really loved. If I've got a newer house with modern fixtures I am willing to wait to get the deck put in later.

This is what you are seeing in BB10. For me, it is absolutely functional and I use it 90% of the time. Granularity of customisation is missing but I am willing to wait for that for the sake of using a modern device that gets me mail the way I want it and which doesn't lag the way my 9900 did. If the device did not function the way I wanted, example, if a deck was imperative to me, then I would not move in until the deck was built, similarly, I would keep my legacy device for the sake of those functionalities that I can't be without.

Again, this is a new OS in which functionalities will be added. Think back on BBOS 5 vs BBOS 7. There was a barely serviceable browser on BBOS 5 which was improved greatly on BBOS 6 and later on BBOS 7. So my solution for the horrible BBOS 5 browser was to get Bolt. And to get an iPhone. That was my solution. When I found my 9900 to be not optimal for my use I went elsewhere and kept the 9900 as a barely used side device. For me, for my use, I came back to BB after the browser became one that could stand up against my SGIII. I was willing to come back then because the functionality I wanted (a workable browser) was put in.
    05-06-13 03:18 PM
    two devices requires two sim cards. Hotswapping BB ID is not a thing and besides the Q10 uses a "microSIM" while the 9900 uses a standard SIM. Don't know about you but I can't afford two plans for me, I'm already carrying plans for my wife and kids.
    That's something all these multi platform users don't realise, most of us have to choose one phone that is high on our hierarchy of needs list and stick with it for a couple of years. If something important is missing out of a phone we simply have to rule that phone out because we don't have another that will pick up the slack where the other stops.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 03:44 PM
    [QUOTE=belfastdispatcher;8432391]

Because I set the same accounts on my 9900 where you can ask for read receipts in settings. BB10 email can't do that.
    Thank you for your reply.
    05-06-13 11:23 PM
    Brick breaker.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-07-13 02:31 AM
    For those who miss one-touch dialing from the home screen - BB decided to give it up in favour of Type'n'Go, a.k.a. Universal Search. Some may prefer the change, some may not - but it's not a careless omission on BB's part. So don't blame BB for leaving it out; it was a deliberate change.

Now that I have my Q10, running 10.1, I can attest that some customization has been brought back. You can give different profiles to your contacts, although I can't comment if the degree of customization is the same as on BBOS devices. I haven't played with it enough. Unfortunately, any customization you had in your old BBOS phone has been lost in the transfer.

For me, the most amazing new change is the Remember app. I have a feeling it will become my overall business and personal life organizer. The ability to pull in (or share, as BB now calls it) information from the other built-in apps is second to none. Certainly, any other app launcher device cannot hope to integrate this functionality. Those who are calling Remember a lame task manager haven't figured out its power.

Now, for my personal gripes - and I've posted in BB Beta Zone about the first one - is the missing U keyboard shortcut within Hub to go to the first unread email. I have a feeling it will be brought back very quickly.

Haven't figured out how to copy a phone number and add it to contacts if the phone no. is within browser text or an email message.

Oh, and I miss Brickbreaker and Word Mole.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-07-13 10:47 AM
    First and foremost - I love my Q10. It is beautiful in ways that I wasn't aware was possible and is just such a sexy piece of innovation! I could go on and on and on... ah, I keep staring at it and then feeling creepy and wrong that I'm staring at an object in this fashion. Then I just want to run through a dandelion field with it.

BUT instead, I wanted to start a thread to see if anyone else misses some missing things from their Berrys.

To start, I miss my BlackBerry button. I used to switch between apps like it was nobody's business with the press-and-hold. I know swipe-up is kind-of similar, but it's really not.

I'll stop there. Any one else want to drown their BB-of-yore sorrows?
    Okay, send me your Q10 to try for a bit and I will get back to you regarding what I may or may not miss about my old BlackBerry.
    05-07-13 01:02 PM
    For those who miss one-touch dialing from the home screen - BB decided to give it up in favour of Type'n'Go, a.k.a. Universal Search. Some may prefer the change, some may not - but it's not a careless omission on BB's part. So don't blame BB for leaving it out; it was a deliberate change.
    I like the ability to whip out my phone and hold down one key to speed-dial a often-used contact, without having to look at the screen. Hopefully, BB OS 10.X brings back that feature.
    grumpyaeroguy likes this.
    05-07-13 01:09 PM
    I miss it that a raider will not give me my phone back, after he saw that it is a BlackBerry ;(

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 01:18 PM
    I still have to use my 9900 when at home due to the poor Rogers signals in my neighbourhood. The 9900 had wifi calling which was only a $5 option with Rogers and enables voice/texting without reception over wifi. This was completely overlooked by both Rogers/Blackberry and literally have to switch my SIM card to my 9900 when I get home then switch it back to my Q10 when I leave. Really, really, really sucks.

Blackberry Traffic: I used this app on my 9900 when I hit traffic not when I'm planning routes to avoid it. It gave me 2 route options: Direct and Alternate with the varying times. I could then switch to the shorter time and be at work quicker. This is gone.

If I have a few unread messages that are all over the place in my email, the 9900 I could just click U and it would bring me to the next unread. This is gone.

Citrix - works great on my 9900 and Playbook. Still not availble and may not be from what I hear.

Colour LED - I would have different colours for work email, personal email, text messages, BBM. This is gone. The app available is per contact not type.
    05-08-13 08:41 AM
    http://crackberry.com/going-headless...-blackberry-10

Headless apps coming to BB10!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 11:22 AM
    I miss my keyboard shortcuts.

Also the trackpad.

It was so easy to copy and paste.

Posted via Dec Alpha C
    grumpyaeroguy likes this.
    05-08-13 11:48 AM
    Holding a letter on the Q10 does _not_ capitalise it, instead it just types the letter several times, as in qqqqqqqqqqq

Is there a fix for this?
    05-15-13 04:17 PM
    Also, pressing space to 'wake up' my 9900 has no effect on the q10, it responding only to a swipe up (when the screen has gone to black).
    05-15-13 04:19 PM
    I don't miss anything from my old blackberries. I love my q10 just the way it is.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 06:29 PM
    I miss the physical keyboard shortcuts as well as the track pad like hell...

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 11:09 PM
    What old BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 03:50 PM
    Thanks for the great input, folks! You've helped me make a decision to hold on to my 9930 longer than I'd originally anticipated. Perhaps in another six months to a year, BB will have ironed out most of the bugs and brought back some of the features to which legacy BB users have become accustomed.
    05-16-13 05:53 PM
125 ... 345