we know those phones are out there somewhere... So where are those spy pics.. I remember earlier releases like the 9900 and even the 9700...
    11-13-12 05:07 PM
    Odds are that almost everyone in Rim is using an L-series device right now as they work hard to get those ready, which would make any leaks both less likely and at the same time more trackable, so we may not see anything until much later in the year or even early next year depending on when those goto carriers.
    11-18-12 05:07 AM
    Odds are that almost everyone in Rim is using an L-series device right now as they work hard to get those ready, which would make any leaks both less likely and at the same time more trackable, so we may not see anything until much later in the year or even early next year depending on when those goto carriers.
    Ok so they are launching both phones in 1Q13 I think that is pretty clear. There have not been any pics yet that I have though.
    11-18-12 08:39 AM
    I'm also waiting for some actual real life pics of the N-Series. We have seen quite some more or less detailed stuuf from L-Series, it is about time we'll get some sort of preview of the QWERTY device.
    11-19-12 01:23 AM
    Ok so they are launching both phones in 1Q13 I think that is pretty clear. There have not been any pics yet that I have though.
    The N-series might not make it into q1 if you follow the stuff they have said which indicated it would be 1-2 months behind the all-touch with the latter making it borderline even if we get immediate availability on jan 30th.
    11-20-12 07:10 AM
    The N-series might not make it into q1 if you follow the stuff they have said which indicated it would be 1-2 months behind the all-touch with the latter making it borderline even if we get immediate availability on jan 30th.
    This is what I think is going to happen.
    No pictures of the N-series means that there are no devices around and that all the focus is on the L-series. I fear that the first pictures of the N-series will be shown on jan 30th and RIm will then uses the next 1-2 months to test it (we'll see Thorsten at a hokey match this time ) and release the N-series at the end of Q1.
    11-20-12 08:55 AM
    From what I have been reading Rim will launch both devices at the same time. At this point in time Rim needs to produce with all of the hype and other platforms out there. Why didn't they launch during the holiday season? I just hope bb10 has the wow factor everyone is looking for!
    11-20-12 09:34 AM
    Why didn't they launch during the holiday season? I just hope bb10 has the wow factor everyone is looking for!
    A few reasons....one it's not ready. Secondly, it gets lost in the hype of other phones. Thirdly Carriers have to decide which phones to market at this time and there's no guarantee that BB would have been in the spotlight. It's best to let the dust settle after the holidays then wow everyone.
    11-20-12 10:03 AM
    Couldn't agree more, donamateo!
    11-20-12 11:37 AM
    I'm also waiting for some actual real life pics of the N-Series. We have seen quite some more or less detailed stuuf from L-Series, it is about time we'll get some sort of preview of the QWERTY device.
    Me too. Though logically, RIM is going full force getting the L-series ready to wow the greater population. Full touch device has greater market potential then physical keyboards so they must spend more time on the L-series to get it right. I think physical keyboard device owners (like myself) and die-hard BlackBerry fans. They may be upset if the N-series is released later but they'll stick with RIM. Besides, the Bold 9900 is pretty solid device it could endure one or two extra months. Don't you guys agree with me?
    11-20-12 12:00 PM
    From what I have been reading Rim will launch both devices at the same time. At this point in time Rim needs to produce with all of the hype and other platforms out there. Why didn't they launch during the holiday season? I just hope bb10 has the wow factor everyone is looking for!
    I'd like to agree with you that RIM will release L/N-series at the same time and even RIM announced that but I have a hunch that the N-series will be release a tad after the L-series. I hope I'm wrong because I'm a physical-keyboard fan. If RIM could somehow get both series ready by Jan-30th, it'll be awesome.
    11-20-12 12:04 PM
    They will announce them both at the same launch event, but they have always stated that the qwerty would follow shortly after the all-touch model.

As far as when they decide to launch, it wasn't going to be ready by then and it is vital for them to get this launch right more than it was to hit a particular date which is somewhat overhyped for sales when you consider that most people are tied up in contracts and upgrade at the end of those and not just at xmas. If you look at their launch date, they have actually picked that date quite nicely as it avoids getting lost in the hype of CES at the start of January or in the MWC hype at the end of Feb.
    11-20-12 08:06 PM
    Well it makes sense why we haven't seen the phone. Most of the OS testing isn't being done on the N-Series and none of the carriers have the device yet. I'm pretty convinced that it's a 9900 with a straight keyboard, bigger screen and no trackpad. So it's not a big deal to wait till early january before we start seeing controlled leaks of it.
    11-21-12 01:13 AM
    I dont understand this "release during holiday season" nonsense?

the only phones that are relevant to the holiday season tends to be PAYG phones, as contract phones are just when the contract runs out, and i know there a re plenty of people who waited until after christmas before shelling out for a contract phone.

The only blackberry phone that does well as PAYG are the Curves and as there is no BB10 version of the Curve yet i think releasing during the holiday season would have been a huge mistake.
    11-21-12 01:45 AM
    I think there are definitely N-Series devices out there but only a handful and they are most likely only in the hands of people like Thorsten Heins, outside of the internal devs/engineers that are under NDAs. For one, the L-Series needs to be the focus, as RIM is pushing to offer that full touch experience. The N-Series would only take away from the "hype". Also, anyone not under NDA would have leaked this thing faster than you can say 'bacon'.
    11-21-12 09:28 AM
    To me, a strong indication that the N-series will come later is that so far, there has been no emphasis whatsoever to ask devs to get 720x720 apps ready. The simulator is not out, and I was told in the dev support forum it's not expected until after the L-series launch. So this can only mean that the N-series is further out. Afterall, they can't release the phone with no apps.
    11-21-12 03:00 PM