I haven't really been in the BB scene for a while so I'm definitely not caught up with news and the link on the BB10 platform, but I was wondering if there are themes, or 'jailbreak's for BB10. I have Snap on my Q10, so I know how to sideload apps from the play store, but I was wondering if there were ways to change the layout/look of the device (icons, etc) kinda like when people jailbreak their iPhones.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    04-30-14 03:47 AM
    Can't do it like the pre-BB10 OS's.
    The best you can do is change the backgrounds. and you can also rearrange the icons/apps.
    Dark backgrounds seem to work the best!

here's one that looks real nice behind the apps!

"Themes" for BB10?-background.png

And you can group apps in folders

"Themes" for BB10?-background2.png

or not!

"Themes" for BB10?-background3.png
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 04-30-14 at 05:18 AM.
    04-30-14 04:56 AM
    Can't do it like the pre-BB10 OS's.
    The best you can do is change the backgrounds. and you can also rearrange the icons/apps.
    Yup, I have all of that stuff down. I was just hoping there might be a way to 'jailbreak' and change the layout of everything.

Thanks for the response!
    04-30-14 05:55 AM
    Some of the theme apps can really make the icons look different. I'll post a few screen shots of mine in a little bit. ^_^

�Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk�
    gzari likes this.
    04-30-14 06:40 AM
    And that is sad, the icons look totally drunk.........I mean, one is bigger than the other and at the end it leaves a feeling of like there was not a well thought format order, like one was left in the oven longer than what it was supposed to be and it got all deformed, if it wasn't for the shade around them, oh well, sometimes it even feels like an Android. The only thing that I really miss from the good old Blackberry days of the OS 5 and such is the icons and the customizing capabilities. (and the trackpad from the 9900).....
    The only app that I've found which allegedly customizes the BB 10 is called 'Z Theme', I purchased it for the Z10 and tested it to work with the Q10. The mods range from wallpapers, top and bottom docks, slide bar, battery & signal color among other, not like a whole theme change but some small modifications at best.
    Last edited by rayporsche; 04-30-14 at 07:22 AM.
    04-30-14 06:54 AM

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.
    rayporsche likes this.
    04-30-14 07:39 AM
    What app are you using? Looks cool!
    04-30-14 11:00 AM
    And that is sad, the icons look totally drunk.........I mean, one is bigger than the other and at the end it leaves a feeling of like there was not a well thought format order, like one was left in the oven longer than what it was supposed to be and it got all deformed, if it wasn't for the shade around them, oh well, sometimes it even feels like an Android. The only thing that I really miss from the good old Blackberry days of the OS 5 and such is the icons and the customizing capabilities. (and the trackpad from the 9900).....
    The only app that I've found which allegedly customizes the BB 10 is called 'Z Theme', I purchased it for the Z10 and tested it to work with the Q10. The mods range from wallpapers, top and bottom docks, slide bar, battery & signal color among other, not like a whole theme change but some small modifications at best.
    Sounds cool though! I'll check out that app!
    04-30-14 11:00 AM
    There are a couple. +theme and shelf themes pro are my favorites.

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.
    04-30-14 11:38 AM
    Some of the theme apps can really make the icons look different. I'll post a few screen shots of mine in a little bit. ^_^

�Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk�
    Have you tested any, which are your top 3 ??

Sorry, I seen that you replied afterwards...
    Posted via CB10 with my Super Snappy Q5
    Septembersrain likes this.
    04-30-14 12:05 PM
    Wait... There are no themes for BB10?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-24-14 06:42 AM
    Wait... There are no themes for BB10?

Not themes like back in the old days. It's just about getting a wallpaper that modifies the way the background looks.
    FCSC likes this.
    05-25-14 10:39 AM
    Not themes like back in the old days. It's just about getting a wallpaper that modifies the way the background looks.
    That's a bummer.

05-25-14 02:49 PM
    That's a bummer.

Yes it's really a bad OS because there are no themes. I prefer the gigantic quantity of themes on iOS...

Posted via my French Q10
    05-25-14 03:00 PM
    Yes it's really a bad OS because there are no themes. I prefer the gigantic quantity of themes on iOS...

Posted via my French Q10
    He's not had a BlackBerry since they used to have themes on OS7 or younger. He's thinking of getting a BlackBerry I think.

Sent from the bigger Berry using Tapatalk.
    05-25-14 04:38 PM

Posted via my French Q10
    The only way to theme an iOS device is to jailbreak it, and not everyone is tech savvy enough to do that. It's the main reason all you ever see in public are bone stock iOS devices; so a gigantic catalog of unofficial, hard to apply themes is nearly the same as having no themes at all, and in this regard BB10 is on equal ground to iOS.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    05-25-14 04:46 PM
    He's not had a BlackBerry since they used to have themes on OS7 or younger. He's thinking of getting a BlackBerry I think.

Sent from the bigger Berry using Tapatalk.
    That is correct.

05-25-14 04:46 PM
    The only way to theme an iOS device is to jailbreak it, and not everyone is tech savvy enough to do that. It's the main reason all you ever see in public are bone stock iOS devices; so a gigantic catalog of unofficial, hard to apply themes is nearly the same as having no themes at all, and in this regard BB10 is on equal ground to iOS.

Posted via CB10

Maybe it's because i'm not a native English, but my post was ironical. Really totally ironical

Posted via my French Q10
    05-25-14 06:20 PM
    This looks cute but I can't seem get it on my Q10. Need help pls. Thanks
    01-24-15 06:11 PM
    I love this background but I can't seem to get a hold of it on my Q10. Any help would be appreciated.
    01-24-15 06:26 PM
    It's a tool, not a toy.

Posted via 10.3.1
    01-24-15 10:30 PM
    "Themes" for BB10?-screen-20150125-130157.png

"Themes" for BB10?-kh-ng-khung.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 12:02 AM