My thoughts on text selection and virtual keyboards.

As a long time user of BalckBerry phones I've come to appreciate how easy it is to select text using the track-pad and the physical keyboard. I do lots of writing and particularly lots of copy/paste and I love the track-pad for selecting text. When the Z10 came out I purchased one and had to return it next day specifically because problem I had selecting text. If the Q10 has the same text-selecting method than the Z10 then I will keep using my Bold years to come.

My advise to BlackBerry:

1) come up with a Q11 phone that is identical to the Bold, same feel, same track-ball, same return/back key and of course updated OS.

2) do something to improve text-selecting method as someone in this forum suggested by using the volume keys to do what the track-pad used to.

Thanks for noticing.

Regards,

Dion Duran
    email: [email protected]
    Richappa likes this.
    07-22-13 11:27 PM
    My thoughts on text selection and virtual keyboards.

As a long time user of BalckBerry phones I've come to appreciate how easy it is to select text using the track-pad and the physical keyboard. I do lots of writing and particularly lots of copy/paste and I love the track-pad for selecting text. When the Z10 came out I purchased one and had to return it next day specifically because problem I had selecting text. If the Q10 has the same text-selecting method than the Z10 then I will keep using my Bold years to come.

My advise to BlackBerry:

1) come up with a Q11 phone that is identical to the Bold, same feel, same track-ball, same return/back key and of course updated OS.

2) do something to improve text-selecting method as someone in this forum suggested by using the volume keys to do what the track-pad used to.

Thanks for noticing.

Regards,

Dion Duran
    email: [email protected]
    We should really not expect an OS10 phone with the old hardware buttons as BlackBerry stated several times that this change was needed in order to bring the user experience to a new level (based on swipe gestures). However, a new os7 device (like a better version of 9900, probably) is likely to be released later this year.
    07-23-13 03:30 AM