Anyone agree with me here?

The two little tear drops to select paragraphs of text is
    A) difficult to grab hold of
    B) difficult to see where to place

I was trying to select a line of words that started with the first word on the left of the screen and the touchscreen wouldn't let me place the tear drop all the way on the left. It's like my fingers were too big that it sensed I was 3 characters to the right. And I have small fingers.

I only used the Q10 for a couple minutes, does text selection work better with time?
    05-02-13 08:35 AM
    Is this with the OS update that's meant to improve it from the original style seen on the Z10?
    I have slowly got used to the selection in Bb10 but far prefer the chunkier type on my Android.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 08:49 AM
    I've used it a few times and it seems about the same as the Z10. It's a bit clunky, but I got used to it. The bubble selection is much improved over the Z10 though...I can actually see where the cursor is now (instead of being blocked by my thumb like on the Z10).
    05-02-13 08:54 AM
    You probably already know that for selecting just a couple of words in a sentence you can first double tap on the first word for select it then tap on the left or right teardrop to select two more characters to the left or right.
    I agree the teardrops need to be bigger.

Post via CB Z10
    05-02-13 09:06 AM
    Yes I also find it a bit frustrating after using an iphone for years. I found wiping the screen helped a little. The protective film may have left some residue

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 09:22 AM
    The Z10 keyboard is quite good, but I also agree that the bubble and tear drop operations have a lot of room for improvement. Although, I must say that the more I use It, the more I get the hang of it.

Posted via Z10 on CB10
    05-02-13 10:21 AM
    I feel the shift key should be utilized for text selection. Instead of using the scroll + shift, it'd just be shift + screen drag.
    05-02-13 10:25 AM
    Here's a tip, when you are trying to grab the circle thing to move it to a different area part of text, don't grab it from the middle of the circle, this makes it hard to see where you are placing the cursor. Instead, grab the circle from the side or edge of the circle, this makes it way easier to move around the cursor and see where it's going.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 10:38 AM
    Anyone agree with me here?

The two little tear drops to select paragraphs of text is
    A) difficult to grab hold of
    B) difficult to see where to place

I was trying to select a line of words that started with the first word on the left of the screen and the touchscreen wouldn't let me place the tear drop all the way on the left. It's like my fingers were too big that it sensed I was 3 characters to the right. And I have small fingers.

I only used the Q10 for a couple minutes, does text selection work better with time?
    I knew it. This is looking like the 9900 all over again. The reason why I didn't want to wait for the Q was because of my experience with the 9900. I loved the phone but it seemed like it was the torche's os shoved into a smaller screen. I had a feeling it would happen again. Now I'm glad I went with the Zorro.

Feel free to add me 24EFEB55
    05-02-13 10:54 AM
    Terrible, NO. Room for improvement, YES... Copy and paste is miles ahead of z-10.

I've had no issues with it on my Q. On my Z thats a whole new story.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-02-13 10:55 AM
    Tap and hold a word to select it.
    Keep holding to select the sentence.
    Keep holding to select the paragraph.
    Keep holding to select the next paragraph, etc.
    05-02-13 11:01 AM
    Tap and hold a word to select it.
    Keep holding to select the sentence.
    Keep holding to select the paragraph.
    Keep holding to select the next paragraph, etc.
    I wasn't aware of that. Just tried it and it works as you described. Nice one!
    05-02-13 02:41 PM