As a Z10 user, I was quite excited to try out a real Q10 in our mobile demo store at our company, a few relatively showstopper issues:

1. There is simply NOT ENOUGH space for swipe-up to close, change apps. This is very very annoying. Coming from Z10, the way this work on Q10 is awkward, and poorly implemented. They should have move the Blackberry logo to the bottom (like Z10) to create more space. This is an absolute miss by BB in their design
    2. Keyboard was not that good. I used to have 9900, and I can easily say that 9900 keyboard was noticeably better. There is just too much space between keys and the frets are too thick and makes typing not that great
    3. Screen is simply too small! Yes, it's large vs. old BBs, but after using Z10 for a couple of months I cannot even think of going this small
    4. BB10 is built for full-touch. I really think BB10 OS must be adjusted to accommodate Q10, everything I wanted to do was slower on Q10, swiping away, going to the hub, switching apps, etc... maybe the extra space for swipe could have made this work, but as-is, the OS simply not that great on Q10
    5. Screen was very artificial looking, AMOLED uses less power yes, but I think Z10 screen is nicer overall
    6. I soooo missed the trackball
    7. The material just didn't feel as great as 9900, or even Z10. I know it's kind of Carbon Fiber, but it felt not that great.

At this point, I am going to advise my GF not to get the Q10 (she's been waiting for one). Either wait, or go with Z10 (as much as she loves a keyboard). I am sure they will fix some of the above in the next iteration, but honestly the screen-size is a killer, it's very very difficult to find a compromise screen size + keyboard, but they should have somehow created a 4:3 aspect ratio and elongated the screen.

Anyone else has noticed the same as above?

PS. I just looked at Q5, I think they addressed #1 issue in Q5! The Blackberry logo is at the bottom giving you more room to swipe. This is just an obvious miss in Q10!
    06-03-13 09:32 PM
    Sounds like you have buyers remorse and you trying to justify your z10 purchase which probably was an impulse buy.

Posted via CB10
    Drewpoc and djslam like this.
    06-03-13 09:44 PM
    The gestures feel natural to me on the Q10. I also had the Z10 and I love the Q way way way more. No regrets from me.

Posted via CB10
    westiewanderer likes this.
    06-03-13 09:48 PM
    Elongated screen with keyboard just won't work, it would be too top heavy when typing. Plus too big in general. I like Q10 because of its smaller size.

Can't wait for my white Q10 to arrive!!

sent from my Verizon Note2...
    kupfernigk and westiewanderer like this.
    06-03-13 09:53 PM
    I don't find any of these to be problems on my Q10.

The swipe up gesture works perfectly well for me. No issues or complaints.

The keyboard is much better on the Q10 than the 9900. When I pick up my old 9900 it's keyboard feels so small and hard to type on. I much prefer the Q10's

Personal preference here. Depends on your use. I find the screen size to fill all my needs in balance with having a full keyboard and reasonably sized phone.

This is like the same as 1 and again I think it all works great on my Q10

5-7.
    The build quality and materials feel great for me. More top of the line than the Z10. The screen is also great (though not in sunlight).

Posted on my Q10
    06-03-13 10:05 PM
    The opposite. Hate the z10 and swiping. Way to much gesture on the big screen. Q10 is so much easy. Also feel the keyboard is better than the 9900 as well. If I wanted a bright big screen, I'd get the iphone. But I need a typing Power maching...and that my friend is the q10

Posted via Q10!
    06-03-13 10:06 PM
    Can't please everyone...
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-03-13 10:24 PM
    It takes at least 2 days of continuous use for the Q10 gestures to become second nature. I was stumbling with it too, at first, but now I can use it without looking. The keyboard is the best phone keyboard I've ever used. Playing with the Q10 for even an hour in a store is not enough to make a judgment.
    06-03-13 10:49 PM
    Wait....did the op actually say "trackball"? I would think "trackpad" at the least but trackBALL? seriously?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    06-03-13 10:57 PM
    You may feel that way but maybe you should let your GF decide for herself after she uses it for a few days. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 10:58 PM
    Wait....did the op actually say "trackball"? I would think "trackpad" at the least but trackBALL? seriously?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Call me crazy, but I 'd still buy a phone scroll wheel if it came with the specs of phones today.
    06-03-13 11:12 PM
    Had both...Q10 is my choice, the screen size on Z10 is great, but the Q does everything it's supposed to perfectly. Either you want a qwerty or you dont???...can't please everyone. how about pointing out what you like about Z10 on forum rather than picking apart the Q10? They're designed differently for a reason

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-03-13 11:17 PM
    As a Z10 user, I was quite excited to try out a real Q10 in our mobile demo store at our company, a few relatively showstopper issues:

1. There is simply NOT ENOUGH space for swipe-up to close, change apps. This is very very annoying. Coming from Z10, the way this work on Q10 is awkward, and poorly implemented. They should have move the Blackberry logo to the bottom (like Z10) to create more space. This is an absolute miss by BB in their design
    2. Keyboard was not that good. I used to have 9900, and I can easily say that 9900 keyboard was noticeably better. There is just too much space between keys and the frets are too thick and makes typing not that great
    3. Screen is simply too small! Yes, it's large vs. old BBs, but after using Z10 for a couple of months I cannot even think of going this small
    4. BB10 is built for full-touch. I really think BB10 OS must be adjusted to accommodate Q10, everything I wanted to do was slower on Q10, swiping away, going to the hub, switching apps, etc... maybe the extra space for swipe could have made this work, but as-is, the OS simply not that great on Q10
    5. Screen was very artificial looking, AMOLED uses less power yes, but I think Z10 screen is nicer overall
    7. The material just didn't feel as great as 9900, or even Z10. I know it's kind of Carbon Fiber, but it felt not that great.

At this point, I am going to advise my GF not to get the Q10 (she's been waiting for one). Either wait, or go with Z10 (as much as she loves a keyboard). I am sure they will fix some of the above in the next iteration, but honestly the screen-size is a killer, it's very very difficult to find a compromise screen size + keyboard, but they should have somehow created a 4:3 aspect ratio and elongated the screen.

PS. I just looked at Q5, I think they addressed #1 issue in Q5! The Blackberry logo is at the bottom giving you more room to swipe. This is just an obvious miss in Q10!
    Really? It is at times like this I wish we could give thumbs down to such a superficial review.
    06-03-13 11:37 PM
    Hell I can't wait to get mine!
    06-03-13 11:41 PM
    I kind of love how he says the OS is made for full touch, then the 2nd point he makes right after saying that is how he misses the trackball... *scratches head*
    06-04-13 12:01 AM
    You may feel that way but maybe you should let your GF decide for herself after she uses it for a few days. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    Naahhhh, letting your girlfriend think for herself? That's weak-sauce! As a boyfriend, you should try to control as many aspects of your girlfriend's life as possible!!! You can't let girls make their own decisions, that's crazy talk... ;-)
    Ben1232 likes this.
    06-04-13 12:02 AM
    I too had both, was not impressed with the Z10 for one reason, please don't flame me as this is my opinion....

If you want a nice touchscreen device windows phone, apple or android are better than the Z10 for many reasons. Bigger screens in some cases, higher resolution, more apps etc

But the Q10....1+1 equals 2.....screen+keyboard FTW

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 12:22 AM
    It should be called the iQ110 because it obviously takes somebody with an IQ of 110+ to operate...

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 12:27 AM
    Thats why there are choices... Just like with everything else in life...

Some like one, some the other - some like both...

that is also why there are many different car models, different shoes models, different computers, monitors etc.... You have to pick the tool you need to get the job done... or - pick All tools that you need. There are no such thing as "one size fits all"
    06-04-13 12:39 AM
    I'm impatiently awaiting my chance to be disappointed by the Q10. I still make too bad mistakes or my Z10 keyboard, although it is better than any touchscreen I've encountered.

The thing about the screen size on the Z10 for me is, other than the rare times I watch video on it, the Z10 font and layout is too small anyway so I may prefer the Q10 tradeoff. But let's have it already!
    06-04-13 12:41 AM
    The q10 is an awesome device.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 12:42 AM

2. I got Z10 partly for larger keyboard . At 76, I had problems with Bold 9700 typimg. Sounds. like an improvement?
    3. So buy a Z10. You can't have it both ways?
    5. Battery drain with BB10 has been discussed A LOT in CB. So, anything for that seems important. Also - so buy a Z10.
    6. Many have adjusted to no trackball and liked overall Z10.
    7. The material is great! Lightweight & strong.I have White Z10. I may get a Black back.

Sounds like you like Z10 better. I like it better than Bold 9700, or Q10. Enjoy.
    06-04-13 12:48 AM
    It should be called the iQ110 because it obviously takes somebody with an IQ of 110+ to operate...

Posted via CB10
    Try the Blackberry Website how to demos.

I can't find a summary of swipes that includes info for heavy users?

Iphone users who try my Z10 are immediately able to figure swipes - much better than I could at first.
    06-04-13 12:57 AM
    Agreed! What a whacko! Yo bro all of the "issues" you quoted are subjective and I have to vehemetly disagree on all counts! What drugs are you smoking!?
    Based on your manic response it really does sound like buyers remorse and this is your way to justify not having a Q10 and either return it or continue to use your Z10.
    I have had zero issues, and about all your issues I've also not had!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 01:03 AM
    They are both different phones and as such features will perform more or less the way they were designed to work!
    I see no issue with the Q10 other than an old skool BlackBerry user that is unwilling to adapt to a smaller device compared to a Z10!
    It's personal preference!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 01:06 AM
45 12