I finally took the plunge to a new Q10 to replace my three year old 9800 Torch. I am currently having difficulties with the following:

A) Have pics on Micro SD that appear under "Pictures" icon, but can not attach them to emails. When attempting I am not able to find pics.

B) I have some pics assigned to contacts on old phone that appear to not be located on SD. Is there a way to get them over to contacts on Q10?

C) How do I hide pictures?

D) Can pictures be rearranged? Answered, NO

E) Is it possible to rearrange icons including ones from pages 2-4 onto first home page? Answered, hold and drag icons.

F) I have successfully paired my Gmail and Yahoo mail accounts. On my Torch I have the option to delete email entirely or on Handheld only. How can I delete mail from phone without running risk of deleting from Yahoo inbox? Answered, NO
    Last edited by Red Horn; 12-07-13 at 11:21 AM.
    lcchick likes this.
    12-06-13 05:39 PM
    E) Press and hold the icons are drag them to where you want them. To drag to another page, drag them to the edge of the screen until the page changes.
    I finally took the plunge to a new Q10 to replace my three year old 9800 Torch. I am currently having difficulties with the following:

A) Have pics on Micro SD that appear under "Pictures" icon, but can not attach them to emails. When attempting I am not able to find pics.

B) I have some pics assigned to contacts on old phone that appear to not be located on SD. Is there a way to get them over to contacts on Q10?

C) How do I hide pictures?

D) Can pictures be rearranged?

E) Is it possible to rearrange icons including ones from pages 2-4 onto first home page?

F) I have successfully paired my Gmail and Yahoo mail accounts. On my Torch I have the option to delete email entirely or on Handheld only. How can I delete mail from phone without running risk of deleting from Yahoo inbox?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 05:42 PM

D) Can pictures be rearranged?

F) I have successfully paired my Gmail and Yahoo mail accounts. On my Torch I have the option to delete email entirely or on Handheld only. How can I delete mail from phone without running risk of deleting from Yahoo inbox?
    D) No.

F) Deleting on handheld only isn't possible anymore on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 06:40 PM
    F) Deleting on handheld only isn't possible anymore on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    This one is VERY disappointing. Ability to "clean up" phone and not have to keep mail on phone that file in folders in Yahoo was a major plus for my introduction to BlackBerry.
    12-06-13 08:28 PM
    Deleting on handheld only will be an option in the 10.2.1 release.
    12-06-13 08:33 PM
    10.2.1 sounds really amazing. Glad BB10 is evolving so fast.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 08:36 PM
    You might want to copy all media files from the SD card to your PC or Mac.

Then erase and format the SD card using your phone. Then copy everything back.

Put the pics under SD Card / camera

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    12-06-13 08:56 PM
    I am still in the process of getting fully acquainted with the Q10. So far I feel it is a vast improvement for me over my old Torch. I have developed a few more questions that could really use help with:

When in chat mode and typing after a few lines the current text being entered is not visible and must be manually scrolled down to view. To me the current input text should always be in view. Is there a setting to allow this?

Also in chat there are a vast number of emoticons available that I have never seen. How can I find the meaning of ones that are unfamiliar?
    Found it; http://oi47.tinypic.com/2reo0o2.jpg

Can a wake up alarm be set for Mon-Fri and another with different time for weekends?

On the Torch I could set specific message notifications and vary the number of audio beeps and vibrations. Q10 seems to only allow varying number of vibrations, but not number of audio signals. Is there a setting I am missing to allow this?
    Last edited by Red Horn; 12-09-13 at 11:30 AM.
    12-08-13 12:28 PM
    Hiding pictures isn't possible, but you can "zip" them and they won't show up in the picture or video app. Or you could download a 3rd party app to hide files.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 12:35 PM
    Friendly bump
    12-10-13 03:30 PM
    I am unsure about previous builds but on 10.2.1 you can set multiple alarms, one for weekdays and one for weekend. Turn them both on and you are good to go. You could even set a new one for each day with different times.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 04:58 PM
    I just got my phone. Would it not have most recent software? Software Release = 10.1.0.2030 according to the "About" menu.
    Last edited by Red Horn; 12-17-13 at 04:07 PM.
    12-10-13 07:07 PM
    As far as not being able to find the pictures to attach to a text, after you click the paperclip and select "pictures", click the icon in the bottom left corner, and you should get the option to choose between the phone's internal memory and your SD card. Chose the SD card, then go to pictures & select the one you want.

After you've attached the photo, if you don't want it attached any more there's an "X" on the bottom right next to the picture name. Click the "X" and the picture will be detached.

(Both of those apply to 10.2.1.1925. You're on an earlier OS, but the procedures should be similar).

And speaking of which, download .1925 from the Beta section & install it ASAP. It is FAR better than the OS you're running, and if nothing else contains the option to delete messages from just the phone, or from the phone and the regular email server you use.
    12-27-13 07:25 AM
    I am still in need of answers to some questions below if someone can help. Upon completion of calls I get the message "Playback failed" "Unable to find Media." "OK" and it is driving me nuts. After accepting OK I am taken to Recent Music / No Music and then have to close out that application. How can this be fixed?

When in chat mode and typing after a few lines the current text being entered is not visible and must be manually scrolled down to view. To me the current input text should always be in view. Is there a setting to allow this?

On the Torch I could set specific message notifications and vary the number of audio beeps and vibrations. Q10 seems to only allow varying number of vibrations, but not number of audio signals. Is there a setting I am missing to allow this?

The camera on my 9800 took great photos. This new Q seems to almost always create out of focus images. Is there a way to fine tune it's auto focus?

Once a picture is attached to a text is there a way to remove it without sending?

On my 9800 I had the ability to forward text messages. Can this be done on Q10?
    12-28-13 12:59 PM
    Majority of the questions you are asking is just a "familiarity" question, and the best thing to do is just spens some time and play around with the device as it is a bit different from the older legacy devices.

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    12-28-13 01:22 PM
    Hi. I have had a problem with very slow loading of the type screen after selecting a contact to sms. This never happened when phone, a Q10 was new but seems to have happened after the latest software upgrade
    Can anybody help fix it?
    John

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 02:03 PM
    Majority of the questions you are asking is just a "familiarity" question, and the best thing to do is just spens some time and play around with the device as it is a bit different from the older legacy devices.

Trust me I have been doing that and have been unable to rectify the issues.
    12-28-13 02:44 PM

And install the 10.2 leaked os's as they both perform better....just my two cents as most of your "issues" will be corrected in the new os leaks. i'm running 1005 and it's awesome!!!

12-28-13 03:06 PM
    You need a few weeks on the q10 before posting so many questions at one time. Since you're this curious to get answers, I have a feeling you will figure most of it out on your own. Hit search on phone/ type help / watch how to videos. Good luck and enjoy your new phone. I came from a 9800 also. It seems like a dinosaur compared to BB10 10.2 now. You will soon discover this.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 03:58 PM
    Have you checked out the Tips and Tricks forum? And youtube is also a good source.
    Trust me I have been doing that and have been unable to rectify the issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 04:20 PM
    I am still in need of answers to some questions below if someone can help. Upon completion of calls I get the message "Playback failed" "Unable to find Media." "OK" and it is driving me nuts. After accepting OK I am taken to Recent Music / No Music and then have to close out that application. How can this be fixed? No Idea.

When in chat mode and typing after a few lines the current text being entered is not visible and must be manually scrolled down to view. To me the current input text should always be in view. Is there a setting to allow this? I don't think so, not sure why that's happening. Mine scrolls upwards as I type so I can always see the last 3 lines.

On the Torch I could set specific message notifications and vary the number of audio beeps and vibrations. Q10 seems to only allow varying number of vibrations, but not number of audio signals. Is there a setting I am missing to allow this? Not yet, and this is one of my pet peeves with BB10, that we can't create custom profiles/set vibrate durations/etc.

The camera on my 9800 took great photos. This new Q seems to almost always create out of focus images. Is there a way to fine tune it's auto focus? Not that I'm aware of. Mine seems snappy enough, and autofocus is usually pretty clear. Make sure there is no dirt or anything like finger oil on your lens.

Once a picture is attached to a text is there a way to remove it without sending? Yes, answered it above. Press and hold the attachment, you'll get a menu option listing to detact. Or click the "X" next to the picture. Or close the text without sending, then delete the green unsent text in the hub.

On my 9800 I had the ability to forward text messages. Can this be done on Q10? Yes.
    Seriously, download and install 10.2.1.1925.
    12-28-13 07:04 PM
    I am still in need of answers to some questions below if someone can help. Upon completion of calls I get the message "Playback failed" "Unable to find Media." "OK" and it is driving me nuts. After accepting OK I am taken to Recent Music / No Music and then have to close out that application. It just happened again. Was in a call using BT earpiece, call ended when other party hung up and then I got the message "Playback failed" "Unable to find Media." How can this be fixed? No Idea. Anyone else know?

When in chat mode and typing after a few lines the current text being entered is not visible and must be manually scrolled down to view. To me the current input text should always be in view. Is there a setting to allow this? I don't think so, not sure why that's happening. Mine scrolls upwards as I type so I can always see the last 3 lines. Anyone else know?

On the Torch I could set specific message notifications and vary the number of audio beeps and vibrations. Q10 seems to only allow varying number of vibrations, but not number of audio signals. Is there a setting I am missing to allow this? Not yet, and this is one of my pet peeves with BB10, that we can't create custom profiles/set vibrate durations/etc.

The camera on my 9800 took great photos. This new Q seems to almost always create out of focus images. Is there a way to fine tune it's auto focus? Not that I'm aware of. Mine seems snappy enough, and autofocus is usually pretty clear. Make sure there is no dirt or anything like finger oil on your lens.

Once a picture is attached to a text is there a way to remove it without sending? Yes, answered it above. Press and hold the attachment, you'll get a menu option listing to detact. Or click the "X" next to the picture. Or close the text without sending, then delete the green unsent text in the hub. Thanks, the "X" does it for me.

On my 9800 I had the ability to forward text messages. Can this be done on Q10? Yes. How?

Where is best place to get 10.2.1.1925 and basic procedure to install it? Never changed an O.S. on my phones.
    01-08-14 02:30 PM
    I am not a q10 owner but with the call issue, have you gried to reload the OS? have you downloaded BBlink and backed up anything? it would really help if you added some more detail to your questions. for a start, device version, carrier wojld help. then, have you got BB link operating? back up and reload OS may help. any detail you can add would help others jump in and help. as well lots of threads so searching topics is worthwhile and, as someone else suggested video tutorials are helpful. good luck!!
    01-08-14 02:41 PM
    I am not a q10 owner but with the call issue, have you tried to reload the OS? (no) have you downloaded BBlink and backed up anything? (no) it would really help if you added some more detail to your questions. for a start, device version (10.1.0.2030), carrier (at&t) would help. then, have you got BB link operating? (no, did not think needed since device so new) back up and reload OS may help. any detail you can add would help others jump in and help. as well lots of threads so searching topics is worthwhile and, as someone else suggested video tutorials are helpful. good luck!!
    Have watched as many videos as could find. Seems I don't need "tips & tricks", but solutions to nagging problems.
    01-08-14 03:43 PM