Hello Everybody,

It's my first time posting to this community and I'm not very tech savvy, so any help would be much appreciated!
    I recently updated my At&T Q10 from 10.1.0.2030 to 10.2.1.2179. Before the update, I was able to reply to group chats very successfully. However with the recent update, it seems like my replies are being sent individually to the recipient. I've tried setting the 'send text-only messages' to Automatic and it still won't recognize that i'm responding to a group chat. I don't have the option to click 'enable group conversations' either.

However, if i set it to MMS it'll respond to the group chat correctly. But I don't want to send every message as an MMS.

A little bit more background info about my Q10:

-At&T Blackberry Q10 unlocked
    -Using T-Mobile network
    -No data plan (which was not necessary to send mms before the update either)

I tried searching the community for solutions, but it seems like no one has found one yet.

Again, thank you in advance for your help!

Patrick
    04-21-14 01:01 PM
    is the correct info in your mms settings
    04-21-14 01:42 PM
    I think so, here's what i have under the MMSC Settings

MMSC url:

http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

Proxy URL,Username, and password are left blank
    04-21-14 01:45 PM
    I think so, here's what i have under the MMSC Settings

MMSC url:

http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

Proxy URL,Username, and password are left blank
    I believe there is a number to go into proxy, like this 74.49.0.18:80 you will have to find your right one for your carrier, should be able to google it,
    04-21-14 02:49 PM
    tried putting in Tmobile's proxy as you suggested:216.155.165.050.

No luck either..
    04-21-14 04:21 PM
    Hello Everybody,

It's my first time posting to this community and I'm not very tech savvy, so any help would be much appreciated!
    I recently updated my At&T Q10 from 10.1.0.2030 to 10.2.1.2179. Before the update, I was able to reply to group chats very successfully. However with the recent update, it seems like my replies are being sent individually to the recipient. I've tried setting the 'send text-only messages' to Automatic and it still won't recognize that i'm responding to a group chat. I don't have the option to click 'enable group conversations' either.

However, if i set it to MMS it'll respond to the group chat correctly. But I don't want to send every message as an MMS.

A little bit more background info about my Q10:

-At&T Blackberry Q10 unlocked
    -Using T-Mobile network
    -No data plan (which was not necessary to send mms before the update either)

I tried searching the community for solutions, but it seems like no one has found one yet.

Again, thank you in advance for your help!

Patrick
    The title of your thread is wrong. MMS is working fine as you stated, SMS is not working, at least according to your description. Playing around in your MMSC settings will only affect MMS and have no bearing on SMS.
    04-21-14 06:24 PM
    So I have a tmobile z10 branded phone on tmobile networks. My os is Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228. I'm having the same exact issue. If I select all my text as mms, group chat will work. But group chat doesn't work if it's replying as an sms. I think it might just be tmobile's network

T-Mobile Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228 ?
    04-21-14 08:14 PM
    My sms is working just fine. I'm going through the same problem as rango.
    04-22-14 12:13 AM
    nobody else is experiencing this...?
    04-23-14 11:48 AM
    I have not sent a group text after updating to 10.2. However, I did notice when sending group texts before the update that my phone would switch to MMS from SMS. There was also one participant in the group that even when I would send him an individual text with no pictures, just text, it would always switch to MMS. He had an iPhone, carrier unknown--don't know if that had anything to do with it.
    04-23-14 03:03 PM
    I have not sent a group text after updating to 10.2. However, I did notice when sending group texts before the update that my phone would switch to MMS from SMS. There was also one participant in the group that even when I would send him an individual text with no pictures, just text, it would always switch to MMS. He had an iPhone, carrier unknown--don't know if that had anything to do with it.
    Yea mine used to switch automatically too. But ever since the update, it doesn't recognize a group mms chat properly.
    04-23-14 05:41 PM
    I would do a fresh install via auto loader or bb link and see if that fixes anything. Likely upgrading to this and keep your existing settings messed things up
    04-24-14 12:47 PM
    thanks djnick, i've tried as you suggested with no luck either. also did a security wipe as well as reload in bb link. Guess i'll just have to wait til the next update..

But just curious, can anybody please take a screen shot of their apn/mmsc settings for tmobile? perhaps i'm missing a proxy url or something. at the moment it's currently blank, but i tried googling tmobile's apn settings per the previous Users suggestions, it still didn't work...

thank you again everybody!
    04-24-14 01:11 PM
    thanks djnick, i've tried as you suggested with no luck either. also did a security wipe as well as reload in bb link. Guess i'll just have to wait til the next update..

But just curious, can anybody please take a screen shot of their apn/mmsc settings for tmobile? perhaps i'm missing a proxy url or something. at the moment it's currently blank, but i tried googling tmobile's apn settings per the previous Users suggestions, it still didn't work...

thank you again everybody!
    Name: T-MOBILE
    APN: epc.tmobile.com but you it’s an LTE Device, use: fast.tmobile.com instead
    Proxy: <Leave in Blank>
    Port: <Leave in Blank>
    Username: <Leave in Blank>
    Password: <Leave in Blank>
    Server: <Leave in Blank>
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS proxy: <Leave in Blank>
    MMS port: <Leave in Blank>
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    Authentication type: <Leave in Blank>
    APN type: default,supl,mms