FYI: verified today in their corporate stores. Since ver 5 is pentaband HSPA+ with the same LTE bands as ver 1, it might be worth buying the phone from T-Mobile and then to unlock it. Any thought?

Tintin
    06-22-13 01:07 AM
    FYI: verified today in their corporate stores. Since ver 5 is pentaband HSPA+ with the same LTE bands as ver 1, it might be worth buying the phone from T-Mobile and then to unlock it. Any thought?

Tintin
    Sure, if you need that many bands. As more and more areas roll out T-Mobile LTE and their refarmed AT&T spectrum though, there is less of a need for a device with specific T-Mobile bands. Good for resale value and someone who might not live in area with T-Mobile LTE or any refarmed towers though, I suppose.
    06-22-13 01:23 AM
    If you can, it's a good idea. The T-Mobile BB10s have arguably been the "best" for North America. Hope they get the Q5, and that will complete the trifecta!
    06-22-13 01:37 AM
    I was thinking of trying a q10, and had the same question as I am in Canada.....I'm on Bell, I presume the T-Mobile unit will work for me, as the LTE bands were the same as the 100-1 models....am I right? Just wanted to be sure before I go out and buy a T-Mobile unit. Thanks.
    06-25-13 10:10 AM
    Just a little question, why are you buying an American phone?
    Dont they sell the -5 on Canada?
    06-25-13 10:26 AM
    I was thinking of trying a q10, and had the same question as I am in Canada.....I'm on Bell, I presume the T-Mobile unit will work for me, as the LTE bands were the same as the 100-1 models....am I right? Just wanted to be sure before I go out and buy a T-Mobile unit. Thanks.
    Yes. For Bell, the TMO Q10 is fully compatible. See here.

Not yet, I don't think. WIND/Mobilicity/Videotron are the major AWS UMTS carriers there, and I don't think any of these three has announced the Q10 yet.
    06-25-13 10:33 AM
    WIND Mobile, Videotron and Eastlink sell the SQN100-5...

raino likes this.
    06-25-13 10:33 AM
    Easier to find all over the states. I'm there for work anyhow, either in Florida, Michigan, Ohio, lots of T-Mobile units for sale.....and to sum it up....cheap compared to Canada.
    06-25-13 11:21 AM