Soooooo I remember a while back, there was this comparison with Blackberry to iphone, and the argument being that demand for iphone was higher because of the long lines people stood in to get one.

Well here we are... Less than 24 hours before the launch of the Q10 on T-mobile and there isn't a device to be found. I called 3 tmobile stores in my area and none of them currently have stock of the device and have all said they won't have the device availablle tomorrow. Wth??? Is June 5th the release date or not. Here I am... An eager fan, completely willing to wait in a line if I had to, (not that I everthought that was a valid argument) but there is no store for me to wait at. Anybody call around to their local tmobile stores and found that not a one of them would be selling the Q10 tomorrow?
    06-04-13 03:14 PM
    Could be that they just start taking orders on the 5th, or just online orders. Who knows.
    06-04-13 03:37 PM
    Soooooo I remember a while back, there was this comparison with Blackberry to iphone, and the argument being that demand for iphone was higher because of the long lines people stood in to get one.

Well here we are... Less than 24 hours before the launch of the Q10 on T-mobile and there isn't a device to be found. I called 3 tmobile stores in my area and none of them currently have stock of the device and have all said they won't have the device availablle tomorrow. Wth??? Is June 5th the release date or not. Here I am... An eager fan, completely willing to wait in a line if I had to, (not that I everthought that was a valid argument) but there is no store for me to wait at. Anybody call around to their local tmobile stores and found that not a one of them would be selling the Q10 tomorrow?
    I was just at a T-Mobile store and they have them in the back already, going to set up the stand to sell them tomorrow. He even brought one out to show me...
    06-04-13 03:48 PM
    Tmobile chat says they are available in all sales channels on the 5th also.
    06-04-13 03:50 PM
    I've called three of my local stores, and they ALL have them already, and said I can come tomorrow.

I'm tempted to take sleeping pills now so I can wakeup and have it be tomorrow already.
    06-04-13 03:54 PM
    I'm with AT&T but stopped in a local tmobile store today next to a Starbucks I go to, and asked the gal there, when it was going to be in their store. She said they were expecting it in today's shippments but hadn't come in yet. But that they would have it this week baring any shippment issues and hopefully have the demo out by the weekend. I'll keep checking back for you Tmobile guys to let you know what I find out while filled with envy! LOL
    06-04-13 04:01 PM

I called and they said that they will have them for sale tomorrow, though they are already physically stocked in the store (probably recessed somewhere in the back).
    06-04-13 05:06 PM
    I've called three of my local stores, and they ALL have them already, and said I can come tomorrow.

I'm tempted to take sleeping pills now so I can wakeup and have it be tomorrow already.

Lucky, I have school!
    06-04-13 05:07 PM
    Lucky, I have school!
    Maybe you can go in late? Ha.

I went to a T-Mobile store in Inglewood (LA Cienega) because I called beforehand and they told me they could sell it to me.

I drive over there, they bring two Q10s our for me (one for me, one for my mom) and while processing the upgrade, the girl (dumb Cynthia, who told me she could sell them when I called) ran into trouble because it wasn't in their system yet. She said I can come back tomorrow.

She didn't even say sorry, and didn't seem to care one bit that she had told me the wrong information over the phone and wasted my time (and gas..Inglewood isn't near where I live).

I definitely won't be buying my Q10s from her tomorrow. This happened when I got my Z10 too, at this same store, on launch day. The Z10 Equipment Installment Plans weren't in the system and I had to go to nan even farther store. The person said they'd call me later in the day if their systems were working. They called me back TEN DAYS later. I ended up buying my Z10 that day from that store farther away.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 05:13 PM
    I'm quite jealous of all of you that have them at your tmobile stores. I'll have to wait till the weekend to snag one .
    06-05-13 06:37 AM
    T-mobile's june 5 "release date"-img_00000411.png

Order it now and have it tomorrow with free overnight shipping....

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 06:42 AM
    They have it in store and on display at my local T-Mobile store. Got to play with it for around 10 minutes and it felt like a really nice device. Current 9780 user here so keyboard felt very good and I liked the device in my hands.

On a side note, where the he** is the marketing?!!? Not one BB10 sign to be found anywhere in my store, no enthusiasm surrounding the device, nothing. There are giant iphone signs, why not a large BB sign, or some sort of displaying bragging about the phone/new OS? They need to build the hype up and I think their marketing is lacking.
    06-05-13 10:07 AM
    They have it in store and on display at my local T-Mobile store. Got to play with it for around 10 minutes and it felt like a really nice device. Current 9780 user here so keyboard felt very good and I liked the device in my hands.

On a side note, where the he** is the marketing?!!? Not one BB10 sign to be found anywhere in my store, no enthusiasm surrounding the device, nothing. There are giant iphone signs, why not a large BB sign, or some sort of displaying bragging about the phone/new OS? They need to build the hype up and I think their marketing is lacking.
    not to mention that on their website they have a banner with 4 slides... none of which show off the Q10
    06-05-13 10:58 AM
    not to mention that on their website they have a banner with 4 slides... none of which show off the Q10
    Yeah it's just embarassing and a let down. I would love to see a carrier put some effort behind this release. Feel like no one in the US even knows it's coming except for those of us that visit the CB forums.
    06-05-13 11:06 AM
    Well I called my local T-Mobile store yesterday afternoon. They said they have the Q10's in stock for today, but there's only 5. I was like omg what time do you open? Have you received a lot of questions about the phone? The clerk was all like, a few but personally I wouldn't worry about selling out of these for a while.

Well I got there 15 minutes before they opened and the only people in front of me were buying 2 Samsung Galaxy S whatevers. I was relieved.

So, anyway I got my Q10 on release day, June 5th, and I'm happy
    06-05-13 01:32 PM
    For AT&T customers, pre-order of Q10 today and it will be shipped on June 18th. See here: BlackBerry� Q10 - Black cell phone from AT&T_
    06-05-13 02:32 PM
    For AT&T customers, pre-order of Q10 today and it will be shipped on June 18th. See here: BlackBerry� Q10 - Black cell phone from AT&T_
    Um, aren't there already like 5 other AT&T threads about that?
    06-05-13 02:37 PM
    Walked in to the local TMO retail store and the manager had 1 Q with a locking device attached to the back of it.

I wanted to get a feel for the Q and its QWERTY and see how it felt in my hand. It did actually feel like a solid build and I could tell it would be lighter than my Z once that stupid locking device was removed.

The QWERTY was pretty easy to type on of course and the gestures on the touchscreen appeared to be similar to my Z.
    The smaller screen size did not really bother me @ all actually.

Not sure if I'll switch but it's a pretty sweet device IMO.

One last thing. The manager had to power it up and while we were waiting he quipped - "These BlackBerrys always take a long time to boot up. They've always been that way"

????

I tried to explain to him that the boot up times now are much quicker on the berrys but he didn't want to hear that. The manager knows all don't you know.
    06-05-13 02:55 PM
    Walked in to the local TMO retail store and the manager had 1 Q with a locking device attached to the back of it.

I wanted to get a feel for the Q and its QWERTY and see how it felt in my hand. It did actually feel like a solid build and I could tell it would be lighter than my Z once that stupid locking device was removed.

The QWERTY was pretty easy to type on of course and the gestures on the touchscreen appeared to be similar to my Z.
    The smaller screen size did not really bother me @ all actually.

Not sure if I'll switch but it's a pretty sweet device IMO.

One last thing. The manager had to power it up and while we were waiting he quipped - "These BlackBerrys always take a long time to boot up. They've always been that way"

????

I tried to explain to him that the boot up times now are much quicker on the berrys but he didn't want to hear that. The manager knows all don't you know.
    Well, about the boot up time, he's correct. I don't see anything wrong with that statement. Have you seen Androids and iPhones booting up? It's literally like 1/10 the time it takes... But I don't really care because you won't have to do that with the Q10 or Z10 anyway...
    06-05-13 04:46 PM