So we all know how T-Mobile no longer carries BlackBerry devices in store. I been wanting to check out a Q10 since it's like going back to your roots because of the keyboard, don't get me wrong love the z10 and the learning curve to type on it isn't as bad as I thought. But I tried to see one at Best Buy a few weeks ago, and was told they only offer it online as well. This weekend had some time to kill before meeting a friend for a film and decided to check out the AT&T store here in NYC, Forest Hills area. When I asked to see a Q10, the rep immediately said it's been discontinued. Taking it as just sales pitch for another device I told the gentleman he is wrong BlackBerry are still selling them, which he then corrected his statement to that AT&T have discontinued the device as of last week I found it quite odd as there was no mention on CB of this happening. I will say he did say they have the Z10 which I happily replied,"already got one". I'm not sure this is just this store doing this or a nationwide move, but there is an AT&T store on my way to work and think I'll see what happens there.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 03:17 AM
    What I had heard was that AT&T dropped the price on the Q10, did not discontinue it entirely.

I can check my source on that...
    02-17-14 03:45 AM
    You can get the Z10 and Q10 on Att.com for $0 on a plan

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 04:25 AM
    As I have said in the past BlackBerry needs to do more marketing to help sell their devices. I haven't seen or heard any commercials here in the US for months, but I see Iphone commercials all the time.

With the release of 10.2.1 now is the time to market the devices with the new features.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 04:38 AM
    Well I got T-Mobile, I walked in just wanting to see it. If I were to get it or any other BB10 device I would do it straight from BlackBerry themselves now, avoid all the carrier related problems like unlocking. Kinda wish I did that with my Z10, but I wanted it right away.

Actually even funnier this is on my way to work today I went to the AT&T store near my office across from Grand Central Station only to find it suddenly closed; all displays, counters and posters removed. Probably closed for renovations, or maybe there really is a conspiracy? LOL
    02-17-14 04:39 PM
    I can't speak to the rest of the country, but I can confirm that the Q10 has been pulled from AT&T retail stores in the metroNY market. It should still be available online and over the phone I believe... not going to lie. when I got the email I almost flipped.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-18-14 10:52 AM
    I got my BlackBerry Q10 from AT&T last week. No longer carrying them in-store. My friends work for AT&T and have said it's not moving so well. They were perplexed by the fact that I even wanted a BlackBerry...
    02-18-14 11:14 AM
    Does vzw even have them in the store? I think in the states all carriers only sell them online.
    02-18-14 11:17 AM
    Does vzw even have them in the store? I think in the states all carriers only sell them online.

They certainly did in the recent past, I haven't checked more recently.
    02-18-14 01:51 PM
    With T-Mobile, AT&T and other carriers moving BlackBerry to B2B and special order is going to make it really hard for BB or the carrier to move units. BB needs to setup on the marketing that really is true, I rarely see ads although there seemed to be a mini-campaign AT&T did in the NYC subway but that's ended. There's a VZW store on my way to work as well so I'll pop in see if they have it in store.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-18-14 02:36 PM