So damn mad at AT&T! I called today to see if am going to be able to buy the q10 for 199? She comes back and says my upgrade is not available until Aug so I told her its only a couple of months you can't do anything? Nope sorry sir. I just don't get it when you buy the phone they screw you with the two year contract anyway now they screw like this! Usually you will see in the fine print saying something about a upgrade but I couldn't find it anywhere. Damn I've been waiting this phone forever and now this.
    06-19-13 06:23 PM
    So damn mad at AT&T! I called today to see if am going to be able to buy the q10 for 199? She comes back and says my upgrade is not available until Aug so I told her its only a couple of months you can't do anything? Nope sorry sir. I just don't get it when you buy the phone they screw you with the two year contract anyway now they screw like this! Usually you will see in the fine print saying something about a upgrade but I couldn't find it anywhere. Damn I've been waiting this phone forever and now this.
    Probably qualify for an early upgrade. I would go to the store Friday when it goes on sale.
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-19-13 06:25 PM
    On the positive note, you will get the latest 10.1 OS come August
    anon5814103 likes this.
    06-19-13 06:27 PM
    Q10 comes 10.1 from the get-go

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 06:30 PM
    So d*** mad at AT&T! I called today to see if am going to be able to buy the q10 for 199? She comes back and says my upgrade is not available until Aug so I told her its only a couple of months you can't do anything? Nope sorry sir. I just don't get it when you buy the phone they screw you with the two year contract anyway now they screw like this! Usually you will see in the fine print saying something about a upgrade but I couldn't find it anywhere. D*** I've been waiting this phone forever and now this.
    So let me get this straight. You entered into a legal 2 year contract of your own free will. That contract which you entered into (of your own free will) doesn't entitle you to an upgrade until August and now you are mad at AT&T (instead of yourself) for upholding the terms?

It seems you are pointing the anger in the wrong direction.
    06-19-13 06:33 PM
    Probably qualify for an early upgrade. I would go to the store Friday when it goes on sale.
    The risk there is, if the OP is anything like me, even if the upgrade is unavailable he might say screw it and pay full price. The temptation, especially after handling one, might just be too strong!

I figured the Q10 would be nice, but it's actually nicer hardware than I even expected, after using a Z10 for a few months. The Z10 is nice but I think the Q10 takes it to another level!

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing and Jake Storm like this.
    06-19-13 06:37 PM
    Two years is way to long, I'm switching to t mobile next month. Buy as many phones as I want.
    rcab and Taigatrommel like this.
    06-19-13 06:39 PM
    Pay full price and you avoid the contract..the difference is only $250
    06-19-13 06:52 PM
    You entered into the contract yourself knowing that it benefits you by making the phone much cheaper than it would have been if you had purchased it without a contract. Of course you'll have to wait until it is over. Remember, what's really happening is you're paying $200 for a phone, and AT&T is paying for the rest. Part of what they had to pay for is paid back by the minimum amount of time you agreed to stay with them. It's symbiotic, you both benefit. If you want an early upgrade, it has a ridiculous fee of $200. But even with this fee, it's still cheaper than buying the phone outright, so I say if you're willing to buy the phone outright to avoid a contract, might as well just pay for early upgrade...
    06-19-13 07:01 PM
    Do u have a disability with math skills? What part of two years do you not understand ?
    quangtran1 likes this.
    06-19-13 07:21 PM
    Ops you can an early upgrade but only if you have no late payment for the year. Wife has been do for an upgrade since May but she wants the Q10. My son & I are not due for an upgrade till August but after a phone call to AT&T (to talk about the Q10) I was told that I can get an early upgrade in July. So My son & I will have a Z10 & my wife will be rocking a Q10 by the first week of July.
    anon5814103 likes this.
    06-19-13 10:12 PM
    Buy it full retail. At the end of your contract you're free. That way the next new and greatest device is all yours anytime you want. You won't be tied down to a contract.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 10:14 PM
    Two years is way to long, I'm switching to t mobile next month. Buy as many phones as I want.
    Can't agree more. I am sick of those contracts, I can't even wait till my two year o2 contract ends next April. I have already written the cancelation letter, just waiting to print it and send it to them. I'd rather pay full price for an off-contract phone while being able to constantly benefit from either better or cheaper contract conditions on a regular basis.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    06-19-13 10:18 PM
    I feel like this is relevant.

AT&T!-ku-medium.jpg
    06-20-13 12:06 PM
    The August date might be the early upgrade date, your contract might not be up for a few months after that. And remember starting next year ATT will not have early upgrades, you will have to wait the full 2 years
    06-20-13 12:33 PM
    The August date might be the early upgrade date, your contract might not be up for a few months after that. And remember starting next year ATT will not have early upgrades, you will have to wait the full 2 years
    I believe you're allowed to upgrade after 18 months. So when you're allowed to upgrade actually marks 18 months, not 2 years. But if they are changing that soon, then that sucks, lol.
    06-20-13 12:42 PM
    I believe it is called a contract which you enter into knowingly.
    06-20-13 12:43 PM
    . But if they are changing that soon, then that sucks, lol.
    Both Verizon and AT&T are doing away with "Early Upgrades". A 2 year contract will soon mean 2 full years between devices..
    06-20-13 12:58 PM
    Both Verizon and AT&T are doing away with "Early Upgrades". A 2 year contract will soon mean 2 full years between devices..
    Never did figure out if that meant if I resign a contract now do I still get the early upgrade in 18 months or is it over. Saw a date in 2014 that ATT would be ending it so I don't know.
    Got 3 of my 5 lines that I can upgrade and was looking at the Q for at least 2 of them now I just don't know what to do. If I could believe blackberry will fix the OS issue then I might stick it out with them
    06-20-13 01:02 PM
    I believe it is called a contract which you enter into knowingly.
    I never was able to figure it out when somebody signs a contract and then gets mad because the company won't bend. Apple has a deal to allow earlier upgrades but they are paying for that and not the carrier. Part of how they keep selling more phones without really giving you a good phone
    06-20-13 01:05 PM
    WAOW !!!!! Thant Sucks that AT&T Customers have to wait till August for the upgrade version ?
    06-20-13 01:11 PM
    call them and ask to terminate your account. tell them it cheaper to go with verizon even if you have to pay att's contract termination fee since you will be able to get the device subsidized by verizon and your monthly bill with them will be lower anyways. They will tell you to go into an ATT corporate store locally and ask that the manager on duty check the retention notes on your account. You will get an early upgrade and walk out of the store with your new Q10. I did this exact thing when the Z10 came out and I wasn't due for an upgrade for almost an entire year.
    06-20-13 01:19 PM
    Here's a thread that needs renaming - from AT&T to Nothing to do with AT&T and everything to do with someone who doesn't understand (or is deliberately ignoring) the meaning of the word "contract". What sort of responses were you expecting, Clint? I mean...I feel your pain but get over it...and stop hanging out in the Q10 forum - you're only making it worse. Go enjoy the summer....it'll be over before you know it and you'll get your shiny new phone.
    06-20-13 01:20 PM

Here is my story:

I wanted the q10 , and I was willing to pay full price for it. So, I called att to ask if they would give me a discount. One lady comes on phone and said '' Your upgrade date is Nov 2014" I said I know. I just wanted to know if there is a discount for a full price phone. Then she said that I can do an early upgrade for an Iphone for free!. I said no ( Won't use an Iphone for free) she laughed and told me what kind of phone do I want. I told her a q10. she said give me one minute so I can get a po.. she came back and said "Ok this is going to cost you $199.!! I was like are you sure? she said yes. I gave her my cc number and she put the order in!!!

Just fyi- I spoke to 4 supervisors to get an early upgrade,and they said no!...
    06-20-13 01:29 PM
    Always go to the store for upgrading devices.... Its up to the store employees and the managers, but you will always get hooked up at the store.. I once upgraded 4months early because they had a promotion to get people to sign up for Uverse and then the employee cancelled it for me so i was left with the cheaper pricing of the phone....
    06-20-13 01:30 PM
38 12