So this has been gradually getting worse. I made a thread a couple days ago in a more specific sub board and got no responses.

My whole system has suddenly become a lot slower and more frustrating to use. Tabs on the browser sometimes take a few minutes to close, while on text messages, it can take many seconds for the system to register what I typed. I often can't send things right away, and the hub takes several minutes to update my messages.

It feels like a lot of these issues arose when I switched from Telus to Fido a few months ago. Has anyone else experienced this? What did you do to fix it?

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    01-18-16 07:22 AM
    Security Wipe or use a new Autoloader (if there is a new one)..... with no restoring a bunch of old data.

I've found that BB10 is a lot like Windows, it runs much better on a clean installation. But after a few months, it starts to slow down......
    01-18-16 07:41 AM
    Dunt, that makes sense, but other than using a backup is there any easy way to put back some of the things that make life easier? I'm talking about speed-dials, custom ringtones assigned to different contacts so I know who is calling or texting without needing to take my Q10 from my pocket, or words in the prefetch dictionary so as you start typing it comes up with the correct word or name? (I accidentally deleted mine and now even when I add things to the dictionary it still won't show most until I type last letter! )

So I really don't want to have to start everything all over again! I especially don't want to reorganize 14 pages of app icons again. My contacts are saved in the stand alone Outlook, but notes and these other items would entail hours of work to put back. Otherwise I probably would have done a factory reset every six months just to keep things running smoothly...

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    01-18-16 06:28 PM
    I was going to ask a similar question. Is there a way to restore only specific things, such as contacts?

01-19-16 03:33 PM
    My fone is getting slower too. All of my galleries (Music/Photos/Videos) are not updating or loading, specially when I do. Reboot of my fone. It does not detecting any of my media files. I have to reboot my fone, sometimes up to 5x for the galleries to load. I only have 2gig of sd card and around 2gig of media files (internal storage), and I think its not a great burden for the phone to scan all of my files during a reboot.
    System Performance Issues-img_20160115_235805.png

Q10 Filipinas
    01-21-16 11:13 AM
    So I really don't want to have to start everything all over again! I especially don't want to reorganize 14 pages of app icons again.
    You have a massive number of apps. Do you really need that many? I would check over your list and uninstall some that you do not use much. You could also consolidate many of your apps into folders to cut down on your page swiping. Just a suggestion. If it doesn't help you can always reinstall quickly. Also if you have lots of photos on an sd card turn off automatic stories.
    01-21-16 11:37 AM
    I looked at an older thread pertaining specifically to texting issues. The suggestion of disabling BlackBerry Blend actually worked for me.

RIP BlackBerry Blend, not that I used it much, but it was kinda useful.

01-21-16 06:02 PM
    Fleeting, I actually haven't tried Blend yet, otherwise that might have been an idea. Really frustrating, since it is intermittent. I can text with multiple people for an hour, then the next few times I try I get a blank where the existing thread should be that I sent or got a text just minutes before. But I have at least some parts of every day with this, on both texts with numbers on my contact list and those that aren't.

01-23-16 06:32 AM
    I don't have any problems with my Q10, it always runs smoothly the 10.3.2.2876 without lag. But I can recommend you doing a full wipe or use an autoloader.

Changing to a Z30 or Leap...
    01-23-16 05:02 PM
    You have a massive number of apps. Do you really need that many? I would check over your list and uninstall some that you do not use much. You could also consolidate many of your apps into folders to cut down on your page swiping. Just a suggestion. If it doesn't help you can always reinstall quickly. Also if you have lots of photos on an sd card turn off automatic stories.
    Actually I don't have that many apps, when AT&T force updated my Q10 in June not only did it scramble my contacts (and doubled most) it took about 8 screens of apps and spread them out into 17 by making multiple screens with only a few icons! It's very tedious to even consolidate them down to the 14 I have so far! I used to have them organized by putting all the ones I use daily or nearly so on the 1st 2 screens and then as you go back it's only ones I use for travel with the others in the back.
    IS there a way to organize them using my PC during a sync? Or at least a way to send one directly to a specific screen instead of having to push through every page 1st, and having to keep moving some back to make room??

I also wanted to still find out how to fix my dictionary and other customized areas that obviously will vanish after system reset? Things like speed dial, custom ringtones for specific contacts, etc?? I really DO want to wipe it, but then if I have to rebuild all the things that make my Q10 so useful it'll take a lot of my time.

01-25-16 05:15 PM
    IS there a way to organize them using my PC during a sync?
    Short answer to this question is No. You really have no choice but to do it manually. Do you consolidate several apps in categories and place them in folders? IE, make a STORES & SERVICES folder and then place apps such as Ebay, your banking app(s), etc or a MAPS & TRAVEL folder with Google Maps or (BB) Maps, Compass, Blackberry Travel, Gasbuddy, Air Canada, Westjet, etc etc. . I have many folders including: UTILITIES, SPORTS, PRODUCTIVITY, MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT, JUNK ( where I keep Setup, Settings, Tutorials, Help, Camera, Phone etc.) . All my apps fit into 2 desktop pages. As for wiping clean and re-loading, you would do your backup using Link and then restore your settings and contacts only. You will have to re-do your apps, email etc. You could also use an app such as Ultimate Backup (BW) to backup and restore contacts, sms and mms, calender, remember, call logs, etc. Your dictionary or keyboard prediction cannot be restored however, I don't think. Anyway hope you get that Q10 the way you want it. Good luck.
    01-25-16 10:43 PM