Hi there,
    My BBQ10 has 16GB Memory, whereby 8,9GB are in use by "system".
    Is that normal or too much?

My system is constantly complaining that the internal memory is full but there are only 3GB of user data so I wonder
    - does the 8,9GB include any backups I could delete or any files I cannot acces via the file manager?
    - 9+3GB=14GB where are my remaining 2GB?
    - when I want to move files from internal to sdcard I get the message "Speicherplatz auf der Quelle unzureichend" (source memory insuccicient) so how can can clean up now? o_O

Greetings
    11-09-16 02:51 AM
    only data files can be moved from internal to card. pics, vids, wallpapers, music, docs. nothing else. what are you trying to move?
    11-09-16 05:25 AM
    two separate quastions:
    - why "insufficient space on source" when trying to move photos from internal memory to sdcard?

- is 8,9GB "system usage" normal? No way to decrease that?
    11-09-16 07:47 AM
    Hi there,
    My BBQ10 has 16GB Memory, whereby 8,9GB are in use by "system".
    Is that normal or too much?

My system is constantly complaining that the internal memory is full but there are only 3GB of user data so I wonder
    - does the 8,9GB include any backups I could delete or any files I cannot acces via the file manager?
    - 9+3GB=14GB where are my remaining 2GB?
    - when I want to move files from internal to sdcard I get the message "Speicherplatz auf der Quelle unzureichend" (source memory insuccicient) so how can can clean up now? o_O

Greetings
    System GB is way too high. Try running Ccleaner (Android)

Posted via CB10
    11-09-16 08:24 AM
    Hi there,
    I have 10os. Can android apps even access the "system" area?
    11-09-16 08:27 AM
    I think the "system" part includes Android apps you download.
    11-09-16 08:37 AM
    8 Gb is awfully high. My Z10 has rarely gone higher than 3.8 Gb, and I do run a lot of android apps.

When was the last time you simply rebooted the phone?

As for the android memory cleaner... that's a good question. The OS does keep the android runtime in system memory, and Android apps probably do store a lot of data there as part of that section of memory. After all, when browsing your internal memory, apps aren't kept in the "Android" folder, but is part of the "Apps" section of memory that can't be directly accessed. I don't know if data used by an app is treated as part of the system, or app area.

If a cleaner does access it, it probably only access the android portion and that's it. Any system data placed there by any BB10 native app would not be touched.

I would also think that any info from any email/calendar accounts and contacts on the device whether synced or just local on the device would all be part of the system.

Posted via CB10
    WiredMatt likes this.
    11-09-16 09:05 AM
    I think the "system" part includes Android apps you download.
    No. Android apps are part of the "Apps" area. Remove android apps and the memory listed for "Apps" goes down. Not "System".

Posted via CB10
    WiredMatt likes this.
    11-09-16 09:08 AM
    Hi there,
    I have 10os. Can android apps even access the "system" area?
    To be clear, the cleaner app cleans out cache. Yes, it cleans all of the phone's internal storage. Others have reported high system storage that reduced significantly after running Ccleaner.
    11-09-16 02:47 PM