I have a new Q10 and I put a 8 gig sd card in it. when I sync my blackberry with iTunes on my pc will I get the option
    to put the music on the sd card. Also is the sd card labeled media card in the Q10. Also how do I view the contents of the sd card. I am a
    new Blackberry user and love my Q10. Best phone I have ever had. Thanks for your help.

Jim
    06-19-13 07:12 PM
    Welcome to the CB community,

Are you trying to view the SD card via device or PC?

Use file manager via device

For PC, go to settings - storage - enable usb mass storage (just don't forget to turn it off when your done)
    06-19-13 07:18 PM
    I have a new Q10 and I put a 8 gig sd card in it. when I sync my blackberry with iTunes on my pc will I get the option
    to put the music on the sd card. Also is the sd card labeled media card in the Q10. Also how do I view the contents of the sd card. I am a
    new Blackberry user and love my Q10. Best phone I have ever had. Thanks for your help.

Jim
    Hi Jim!!!
    Welcome to CrackBerry! We are so glad you came aboard!! I'm sure you will learn lots from everyone here. We have quite a few Q experts in house so don't be afraid to ask.

Now, when you sync your phone with BBLink you WILL get an option to copy over music. However, you can also do this yourself. For instance, I plug my phone in to my PC and then I make folders on my card inside the MUSIC folder. I copy over entire folders of music...diff artists for instance. Then I unplug my phone from the PC and all the music is on my phone. However, that is different from syncing.

Why don't you start with a few items and try the syncing from BBLink and see if it is what you want. I usually have more music on my PC than I want on my phone so I move things over manually.
    View the contents of your card through File Manager.
    06-19-13 07:23 PM

Jim
    Welcome to the forums Jim!
    I can't speak for the Q10/BB10 software (until Friday when they launch from ATT and I get mine) but I'm fairly sure it works the same way as with the older 7.1 OS systems and BBDM. iTunes is the preferred way to sync music (Window player doesn't work as well on a PC for some reason-go figure) to your device. I haven't looked at the new link 1.1.1.26 yet but I'm certain that you can sync to your media SD card, or the internal memory in your device. I sync mine from my iTunes library that I only use for this one feature as I am not an Apple kind of guy--to my 9810 by just using the sync media command. Only did it once and now all I sync is my organizer. If I want to add a new song, I just drag and drop it into the music sync folder. Like I downloaded a whole album of Tom Wait on a youtube video and converted it to an mpg3 format and then did the drag and drop over to my Music Sync folder-worked great.
    The SD card is in fact labeled "Media Card" in Blackberry's. Here is a great link for "how to" videos for starting with your new device. Click on the "Media" one or maybe on setup and it will guide you through it. Good luck and glad to hear you like your Q10--I'm envious (until Friday)! LOL
    BlackBerry Q10 Support - How To Demo BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone Help 101
    06-19-13 07:28 PM
    Where is file manager? My music went to my internal drive on my new Q10. I then purchased an SD Card and I cannot find how to move the music to the SD card. There is no file manager in the phone, no file manager or transfer option within BBLink that I can find. Everyone on here talks about how easy this thing is but I don't have hours to spend trying to do basic functions. My WP8 and iPhone is so much easier and intuitive. Trying to keep this phone because I love the qwerty and OS10 but the functionality within the device is mediocre and overly frustrating to me. I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but is it really this complicated? There is no finding the sdcard in BBLink!
    10-29-14 06:55 AM
    Where is file manager? My music went to my internal drive on my new Q10. I then purchased an SD Card and I cannot find how to move the music to the SD card. There is no file manager in the phone, no file manager or transfer option within BBLink that I can find. Everyone on here talks about how easy this thing is but I don't have hours to spend trying to do basic functions. My WP8 and iPhone is so much easier and intuitive. Trying to keep this phone because I love the qwerty and OS10 but the functionality within the device is mediocre and overly frustrating to me. I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but is it really this complicated? There is no finding the sdcard in BBLink!
    You're kidding ?
    The app is called "File Manager"...
    And about accessing your device memory, including th SD card, check in Settings > Storage and Access how you have set your USB connection.
    Damned, you can even access these from you Wi-Fi, and better, access the files on your computer from your phone.

My bet is that you've just bought a new SD card and forget to format it on the phone ? Either that or you just want to troll and revive a more than one year old thread
    FCSC likes this.
    10-29-14 07:51 AM