I'm sure you were planning on using that fancy reply no matter what happened. Well played.
    Finally downloading my T-Mobile 10.2.1.12342345134 update! Yay!

(ooops, has nothing to do with this thread, but boy was reading the thread entertaining. I learned me some Latin!)
    03-13-14 01:53 PM
    This is not true at all. First , one particular person said, multiple times, that there is some "default and desired" view, referred to the majority , "common sense" etc, as an excuse that other opinions are insignificant. We never said other opinions are invalid, but speaking for myself, I've simply been rejecting the notion that all people use their phone in certain ways that others here describe or that certain methods are simply "good enough", or that certain features are not necessary. Those are all assertions I've been pushing back on. I'm not objecting to opinions, I'm objecting to others rejecting my opinions.

And, if you actually read the very first post and then my responses ....you'd see the OP is in DIRECT agreement with the "light up the screen" option, since he listed it specifically. I've simply been arguing the reasons why some people might think it's important (you know...defending their opinions), while OTHERS have been saying that this option is a down right "dumb feature". That's a direct quote.

SO, please take another look at the thread to see who said what, then re-evaluate your last post and notice how you're dead wrong. If fact you got everything you said completely backwards.
    Pff, I knew I shouldn't have mentioned your name. The person my post was directed to was in fact literally saying that about people, which evidently wasn't true. Sorry to pull you in this. I see you have discussions enough with other people.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    03-14-14 05:24 AM
    You should be able to toggle between no screen on and screen on. It's a very basic feature which surely many people want and the few people who need the privacy can toggle it off?

I also don't understand how Blackberry, famous for their handling of emails, can't handle email on the phone better than an iPhone. If it's read on the server then the next time the phone syncs it should realise it's been read and remove the notification surely?
    BlackBerry 10 is the best for email. Others are miles away.
    It is all about learning the phone. Regarding email you need to check push function, smtp and pop3 difference.
    For Outlook work account you can enter the details in email advanced function.

In Gmail it is pretty straight forward and easy.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 05:35 AM
    So some of you on here may be happy that to know that I'm now getting quite fond of the LED notifications after installing Hub++. I'd still prefer to have the screen turn on as well but it is nice being able to glance at the phone and instantly know what sort of message you have from which account without touching it.

I noticed that the screen catches lights and creates glare a lot more than the 4s did. I've ordered some anti-glare screen protectors which should hopefully prevent this.

I am still annoyed at the screen brightness though. Especially because the screen is obviously capable of going dimmer than it does. You can see that because of the dimming it carries out just as the screen is turning off when timing out after a minute (or whatever you have it set to). Therefore it's quite annoying that the screen is capable of going that dim yet the lowest setting you can set it to is still far too bright to use in a dark room or when falling asleep.
    03-17-14 04:44 PM
    I have been using a 5s for the last 6 months. Prior to this I had my 9930. The opposite for me - I hate the way the iPhone notifications are. I hate the fact that I have to keep turning on the phone to see if I have missed a call or missed a text/email/bbm ..... I hate it so much that I just won a bid on a Q10 and should have it by Friday .... I will then toss this 5s on eBay and be a happy camper again

Sent using Tapatalk
    03-18-14 12:22 PM
    I just got my Q10 and am running it alongside my 5s to see how I like it. Very cool - I do have to say - processor speed goes to the 5s - the q10 is really cool and feels great - only a 2 day comparison at this point

Sent using Tapatalk
    03-21-14 01:31 PM
    Looks like 10.3 includes option to turn the screen on when receiving a notification and show sender. Problems and arguments solved!
    SmileDahling likes this.
    03-24-14 06:28 AM
    Looks like 10.3 includes option to turn the screen on when receiving a notification and show sender. Problems and arguments solved!
    I was going to post that here too. As if BlackBerry listened.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    03-24-14 08:03 AM
    At least BlackBerry listens to customers' complaints and fixes them.

From my Q10
    Not sure about that, they fixed only a few complaints but not a lot though

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 05:55 AM
    I belive user shoud have OPTIONS to CHOSE what behavior is the best to his needs.

It's a huge mistake to believe that users should adapt to the interface. NO, the interface should adapt to the user.
    RunzWithScissorz likes this.
    04-12-14 07:06 AM
135 ... 456