So i am from sweden and I'm going for the Q10.
    The first seller tried to sell an international version of a Q10 without �, � and � on the keyboard.
    So this is a question for all the Swedish users in here. Is it easier to use the Swedish keyboard or is it only a printed thing on the keys? I notice that I have to do something special to get those letters even on the Swedish version right? Is it the same thing on the international version to get those letters?
    And if I use spellchecker on the phone will it change the words to Swedish letters if I write like "over(�ver)" or "kanslor (k�nslor) and so on.
    What I'm trying to ask mostly is, is the an difference between international and Nordic version except astetic (is it called that?)
    I hope u understand what I mean and sorry for errors in the language, I am from sweden u know

Skickat via Tapatalk 2
    07-11-13 03:07 PM
    As far as know, there is no Q10 version with local special characters on its keyboard (don't know about Asian etc. versions, so I'm referring to western languages only).
    You would usually select your main language in the phone settings, and potentially a 2nd one.
    Once you have e.g. selected Swedish as your main language, pushing and holding the "o" key would bring up a bar on the screen that contains your local language's special characters based upon "o", so " e.g. "�", and you can select that character from the bar. Same for a=>�, u=>�, and I guess some more Swedish special characters, like the crossed out o that you guys use if I remember correctly.
    Jforssblad likes this.
    07-11-13 04:31 PM
    -1118758353.jpg

I have z10 but I do get swedish in suggestions when I type in swedish.

But with q10 should also be..

But you can also press right swift

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 04:38 PM
    I have an so called international version and mine did the trick with double clicking on K, L and O to bring up , og when I first got it - anyways, that annoyed me, so I shifted to just relying on the dictionary and holding down O to get to and A to get to and when needed, and then let the dictionary learn the words.
    So even though mine don't have the characters on the keyboard it works just the same, so yes it is just aesthetics.

By the way, I am from Denmark but it should be the same with swedish.

Posted via CB10
    Jforssblad likes this.
    07-11-13 04:43 PM
    I got the swedish version. U double press on I O to get . I don't really like it very much because it takes a "pause" every time u wanna get the original character.

And I found a very annoying bug on the swedish version. When I search in the phone app every name that have the I O P K or L characters creates a dubble press at first single press. For example, when I search for Niclas it writes Niiclas and find no match. Sucks...

Posted via CB10
    Jforssblad likes this.
    07-11-13 05:38 PM
    Oh thank u for all answers, is it possible to edit the list of words for the spelling so that I can put in every word by myself?
    So i could try to just write with a and o instead and the spellcheck Should be able to get the right word from that.

Skickat fr�n min ST27i via Tapatalk 2
    07-11-13 05:53 PM
    Sorry for not having known that there IS a Q10 version with Swedish characters printed on its keys.
    In the current OS version, you cannot edit the learned words, only delete them all and start over.
    What you can do is to define certain words to be substituted by others. Eg "kanslor" would then instantly be replaced by "k�nslor". This is a bit cumbersome, as you would have to define all the words that you will potentially use, in advance, before ever using them. This word substitution is separated from the self learning feature.
    I hope that BBRY will allow for learned words to be edited in a future OS version.
    Jforssblad likes this.
    07-12-13 04:11 AM
    This was a reason for me to go to go for the z10, easier with swedish letters

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    07-12-13 04:16 AM
    It's true that you can have swedish letters on the Z10 but again, it is not a major concern for me on the Q10, it almost never happens that it don't spell a word correct with the correct danish letter, as long as input language it set to danish.

Check my attached picture for an example where I wanna type the danish word "selvflgelig" by just pressing o and let the auto-correct do the rest.
    -img_00000051.png

Posted via CB10
    Jforssblad likes this.
    07-12-13 05:31 AM
    Thank you that puts a lot of new hope in me :-) I'm saving money for the Q10 and in two months I hope the price have lowered a bit also.

07-12-13 03:22 PM
    Thank you that puts a lot of new hope in me :-) I'm saving money for the Q10 and in two months I hope the price have lowered a bit also.

Kolla in denna tr�d.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-help-807319/

Har en i5 men funderar sj�lv p�
    att byta.
    Jforssblad likes this.
    07-13-13 02:31 AM

You should also complain at all swedish app builders about bb10 app

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone with 10.2.0.483. [2ABA2B4C]
    07-13-13 04:01 AM
    Hey.
    I'm Swedish and I got the Q10 with the swedish letters on it. I do have my phone in English(US) anyways since I find it easier. I didn't want the �, �, � on the BB but I'm getting used to it. It hard/annoying to use, since you can't just use it.. If I hold down O, I can get � but the other ones I can't do the same with. It helps when I text in Swedish though since it learns my words very fast so my friends are happy that I finally got a blackberry that have swedish on it.

Hope it helps a little,

/Rebecka
    07-13-13 04:30 AM
    Hey.
    I'm Swedish and I got the Q10 with the swedish letters on it. I do have my phone in English(US) anyways since I find it easier. I didn't want the �, �, � on the BB but I'm getting used to it. It hard/annoying to use, since you can't just use it.. If I hold down O, I can get � but the other ones I can't do the same with. It helps when I text in Swedish though since it learns my words very fast so my friends are happy that I finally got a blackberry that have swedish on it.

Hope it helps a little,

/Rebecka

Can I ask you a few questions?

I'm making an post /artical about BlackBerry appearance in sweden.

Also for all the other people

Pin:2ABA2B4C

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone with 10.2.0.483 from Sweden. [2ABA2B4C]
    07-13-13 07:59 AM
    Hey.

Hope it helps a little,

/Rebecka
    Nice to see that other girls also use BlackBerry in Sweden. I thought i was the only one (almost)..
    I have Z10 but i also want Q10 or Q5..
    You can add me if you want..

Pin:2ABC6E9C

Mvh Romina

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:13 AM
    Anyone else got the bug with name search in phone app when using the swedish version? When searching for example Niclas it types Niiclas and I find no search results!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:22 AM
    Hey.

Hope it helps a little,

/Rebecka
    But if you have your phone with English dictionary, isn't it hard to get it to write in Swedish?
    Or is it English setup of the keyboard but Swedish dictionary?

Last edited by Jforssblad; 07-15-13 at 02:45 PM.
    07-13-13 02:21 PM
    I would love to see a YouTube clip with someone with Swedish keyboard on the q10 to see how fast you can write on that.

Skickat fr�n min SM-N9005
    02-05-14 04:07 PM
    So i am from sweden and I'm going for the Q10.
    The first seller tried to sell an international version of a Q10 without �, � and � on the keyboard.
    So this is a question for all the Swedish users in here. Is it easier to use the Swedish keyboard or is it only a printed thing on the keys? I notice that I have to do something special to get those letters even on the Swedish version right? Is it the same thing on the international version to get those letters?
    And if I use spellchecker on the phone will it change the words to Swedish letters if I write like "over(�ver)" or "kanslor (k�nslor) and so on.
    What I'm trying to ask mostly is, is the an difference between international and Nordic version except astetic (is it called that?)
    I hope u understand what I mean and sorry for errors in the language, I am from sweden u know

Skickat via Tapatalk 2
    I have an international version. When I type (having turned on Swedish input) I have to use the A and O for ���.
    For instance if you want to type: T�nker you have to typer Tanker and it will find the suggestion.

Make sure to turn off the qwerty_nb and use qwerty instead (settings for the language).
    Or else it will not allow you to double tap on O without replacing it with the swedish � etc.

Edit: And I can type pretty fast on my Q10. Much faster than I could type on any touch screen iPhone / Android with a true Swedish layout.
    farvardinzad and Jforssblad like this.
    02-05-14 04:49 PM