I have been using a blackberry Q10 in the last couple weeks. While I love the keyboard and screen, there are a couple things Blackberry can do to make the Q10 small screen more usable. I would like to get rid of one of the bottom bars when reading and composing an email so that I have more screen real estate to view/compose my email.

here is a current email screen taken from a screenshot from the Q10 with markup on why the bellow buttons are redundant and taking up valuable Q10 screen real estate!

Suggestions for Blackberry BB10 UI change for Q10-bb10_email_read-copy.jpg

Here is a proposed fix and showing how
    more space for reading text can be added, without sacrificing the expanded menu (3 vertical dots) button.

Suggestions for Blackberry BB10 UI change for Q10-bb10_email_read_revised_edited-2.jpg

I would like blackberry to consider having this hidden menu as an option in an upcoming BB10 software update. I think it will make the Q10 more usable and keep within the them of Getting things Done.
    06-02-13 07:15 AM
    Or they could make the entire bar disappear when you're flicking up/scrolling down the page, similar to what they do in the App World, and the CB10 App. When you scroll back up, the bar will re-appear.

And I really feel that the icons on the home screen are a bit too big, and should be shrank, or at least give us the option of having more home screen icons. Coming from the 9900 could have 18 icons, 12 feels just too little.
    jimmyjyc likes this.
    06-02-13 01:06 PM
    I hope they do that as well for the browser. Having the bottom bar dissappear/appear based on scrolling would make viewing much more enjoyable.
    06-02-13 01:20 PM
    CB10 should be the benchmark there.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 or my Z10
    06-02-13 01:22 PM
    yeah I wouldn't mind if they did it like the CB10 App.

Having an option to disable the bottom bar completely would be nice too; having a choice is always nice right?
    06-02-13 01:25 PM
    Yes you're right Humga, the solution implemented by CB10 app is very elegant. Hope that Blackberry pays attention to these forums and give us the option to autohide the bar for emails and browsing. Also, I do not know why the title of the email has to take up so much of space. Seemed like the UI was designed for the Z10 and then shrunk down a bit for the Q10 as opposed to building from the ground up for the Q10 display.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:41 PM
    Or they could make the entire bar disappear when you're flicking up/scrolling down the page, similar to what they do in the App World, and the CB10 App. When you scroll back up, the bar will re-appear.

Really like this idea!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:43 PM
    I hope they do that as well for the browser. Having the bottom bar dissappear/appear based on scrolling would make viewing much more enjoyable.
    +1

This would be a welcome addition to my Z (especially in landscape orientation). If memory serves me correctly there was a thread started a while back requesting the same thing - so it seems like both Z and Q users would benefit from it.
    anon6056167 likes this.
    06-02-13 02:17 PM