The letter o sticks wont display and has to be held at which time several appear. My messages look like this from, will be from, for will fr etc. I was advised that I should restore factory settings to see if this is a software issue before my carrier Rogers will repalce phone. Does this make sense?

Thanks from a newbie
    09-13-13 09:21 AM
    It does make sense. You can restore to factory settings and see if it's a software issue. More than likely tho...it would be hardware and the phone would need to be replaced.

Welcome to CrackBerry! Hope you enjoy your stay here.
    09-13-13 10:10 AM
    Hi Darren,

It's never a bad idea to try a security wipe and/or software restore to solve an issue.. it certainly won't hurt and there is a chance it's a software issue.. although a small one in this particular case. Chances are far more likely that it's a defective pressure sensor behind the O key.. either way the good news is that it's still under warrenty, so unless you've spilled soda on it, or otherwise physically damaged the keyboard it should be repaired or replaced free of charge. Check with your carrier and do whatever steps they deem necessary to confirm it needs to be sent out, and then they will do so.
    09-13-13 10:11 AM