I don't understand why everyone is so upset about not having a track pad.

I will for sure say this . I will never buy a low end blackberry again.
    I use to have a curve 9360 // oh my gosh did that track pad ever SUCK.
    it was constantly shifting around. wobbly. and had terrible sensitivity...
    I must say I love button phones but I hate the track pad and buttons surrounding it...

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who is happy RIM got rid of that bs track pad.
    The trackpad on my 9670 has never been less than perfect; perhaps they've been much improved. They are a **** of a lot more sophisticated than jabbing at the screen with your finger, that's for sure.
    01-20-13 01:49 PM
    If you mess around with actual Word documents, well, I can't imagine how that cursor can be finely controlled to exact points on the document.

But then, my imagination is limited.
    01-20-13 04:54 PM
    I disagree, I think it is the perfect solution- allows us to have our Trackpad and all its advantages while not losing screen area.
    All? Really?
    One big advantage of the trackpad is that it works if you have gloves on.
    01-20-13 05:05 PM
    The key is having a bigger screen. I have a BB9900. It has only a 2.8 inch screen (In my view the smallest usable smartphone screen). You just expand the image a bit with a swipe gesture. Place your finger on a word. A little menu comes and you "select" then you drag the marker to the end of the sentence or paragraph then paste. It took very little practice to master. I like the trackpad for sure but not at the expense of screen space.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-27-13 at 12:50 PM.
    01-27-13 12:06 PM
    The key is having a bigger screen. I have a BB9900. It has only a 2.8 inch screen. You just expand the image a bit with a swipe gesture. Place your finger on a word. A little menu comes and you "select" then you drag the marker to the end of the sentence or paragraph. It took very little practice to master. I like the trackpad for sure but not at the expense of screen space. I am sorry but I just can't understand why some folks like those tiny BB models.. anyway no market for them now ( in North America at least).
    And I can't understand why some people like those big clunkers that are constantly in the way when you're not using them. It's personal preference/needs. Just because you like one form doesn't negate the entire market for another form.

You want to go through all that nonsense to select text, good for you. If they made all phones that way I might as well go back to a computer for writing e-mails and posting on forums.
    01-27-13 12:18 PM
    Well then you should buy one of those teeny phones now because the market in NA has dried up. RIM can't sell enough of them and they detract from what RIM is trying to do which is to compete with Apple and Samsung ... to be in that strata of topflight phones. There is no advantage for you to have BB10 in such a small format.
    01-27-13 01:07 PM
    The market for BB6/BB7 is what dried up, not portable QWERTY devices.

I already have a 9670 and will be moving to a 9810 if I don't see a good hardware option for me to use BB10 on.
    01-27-13 01:26 PM
    The market for BB6/BB7 is what dried up, not portable QWERTY devices.

I already have a 9670 and will be moving to a 9810 if I don't see a good hardware option for me to use BB10 on.

Ray, RIM has said that there are 6 models coming out. We know of two and a possible third being a much larger phone. It is entirely possible that they make a cheaper smaller phone than the X-10. It is also possible that such a phone has a trackpad. The question being whether they would sell such a phone in NA.

In all sincerity, If you do not want to risk waiting, then I would go to a retailer and try out the 9900 in a BB pouch in your pocket. It is padded and totally comfortable. The 9900 keypad and trackpad are as good as you can buy and just all around better than the 9670. My daughter had the 9810 and found it to be unreliable and not as easy to type on. The 9810 may be smaller in width and height but it is heavier and thicker.

Having said all that, I am confident that the X10 will be the best QWERTY model available anywhere by anyone ... just without that trackpad.
    01-27-13 03:04 PM
    The rumored N series screen is itty bitty.

Well I think RIM doesn't have unlimited resources and has to issue two phones that will please the most buyers knowing that subsequent phones can widen their base. We assume then that more Qwerty phones bigger and or smaller are in the works. The key though is the software. The quality of the software will overshadow the devices themselves.
    01-27-13 11:50 PM
134 ... 456