Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 134
Like Tree49Likes
  1. o4liberty's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,484 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,229 Global Posts
    #101  

    Default Status of the Trackpad

    I am really going to miss the ease of navigation the track pad gives me. I would hope rim keeps the track pad and blackberry keys.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Make sure you vote! Your vote counts!
    Support the 9-12 Project
    MTL likes this.
  2. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #102  

    Default Status of the Trackpad

    I do not like the look of this keyboard, and I really used the track pad lot.. not sure what to do but at least bold 9900 cam be purchased cheap maybe ill stock pile them!

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    MTL and BitPusher2600 like this.
  3. derpex's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    17 Posts
    #103  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by image70 View Post
    Think about it- the touch screen is a major reason why email is so bad on the iOS. It's just easy to lose track of all the emails, unless there is a good way to scroll through them one by one.
    Sorry what? The iOS email client is bad? Since when?
  4. mmveets's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    111 Posts
    #104  

    Default

    I'd love to see a BB10 with a track pad. The screen is way too small for a finger to work better for everything, and the trackpad allows one-handed operation
  5. SixStringMadness's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,472 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,530 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check
    #105  

    Default

    I would like to see arrows on the keypad. That's about the only time I really move to my 9930 trackpad. Those movements could be substituted with directional arrows on the onscreen keyboard
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

  6. lilituc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    87 Posts
    #106  

    Default

    I rely on the trackpad. I even prefer to use it for my PlayBook. I don't know what I'm going to do in future. :/
  7. BitPusher2600's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,170 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,338 Global Posts
    PIN
    Zebra Ballpoint
    #107  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    I do not like the look of this keyboard, and I really used the track pad lot.. not sure what to do but at least bold 9900 cam be purchased cheap maybe ill stock pile them!

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I really truly was considering doing the same thing! Picking up at least one or two more anyway when the prices drop, and they will. I love the convenience of the 9900 touchscreen for stuff like zooming in on pages and flipping thru photos or songs in the music player, but for editing while writing, dealing with links on webpages, and a bunch of other stuff, man i'm going to miss the trackpad. Maybe a future BB10 or BB11 device will have one by popular demand, assuming enough of us stick to our guns and don't let RIM be unaware of our stance here.
  8. lactose's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    235 Posts
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    #108  

    Default

    Seems like it would be possible to add a virtual track pad area to the bottom of the screen.
  9. Easy-G's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    413 Posts
    Global Posts
    430 Global Posts
    #109  

    Default

    Maybe, but the magic of the trackpad is that it is 'optical' rather than 'capacitive' - translating movement into input - like a trackball - rather than touch.
  10. ssbtech's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,624 Posts
    #110  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by center77 View Post
    Seems like it would be possible to add a virtual track pad area to the bottom of the screen.
    That's a half-baked solution to a problem that never needed to surface.
    BlackBerry Z10 on Bell Canada
    OS 10.2.android
  11. o4liberty's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,484 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,229 Global Posts
    #111  

    Default Status of the Trackpad

    If the current photos are correct and there is no trackpad then I will migrate to the full touch screen. The trackpad will be misses but in my opinion it goes hand in hand with the physical keyboard.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Make sure you vote! Your vote counts!
    Support the 9-12 Project
  12. image70's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #112  

    Default Status of the Trackpad

    Quote Originally Posted by ssbtech View Post
    That's a half-baked solution to a problem that never needed to surface.
    I disagree, I think it is the perfect solution- allows us to have our Trackpad and all its advantages while not losing screen area.

    The virtual Trackpad should have a clear border and a small area around it that does not react to touch.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
  13. ragdeiii03's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #113  

    Default Status of the Trackpad

    Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    If the current photos are correct and there is no trackpad then I will migrate to the full touch screen. The trackpad will be misses but in my opinion it goes hand in hand with the physical keyboard.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!



    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
  14. 1TIME's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    58 Posts
    #114  

    Default

    I have a feeling that their will be a phone BB10 phone released with keyboard, trackpad and touch. Keep in mind BB is relasing 6 phones. If RIM was smart they could use the centre keyboard buttons. For example using the letters TYGH as a scrolling square and use the T button for clicking. That way you would have more screen real estate, a touch screen and a sneaky track pad all in 1.
  15. girl_Interrupted513's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    72 Posts
    #115  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1TIME View Post
    I have a feeling that their will be a phone BB10 phone released with keyboard, trackpad and touch. Keep in mind BB is relasing 6 phones. If RIM was smart they could use the centre keyboard buttons. For example using the letters TYGH as a scrolling square and use the T button for clicking. That way you would have more screen real estate, a touch screen and a sneaky track pad all in 1.
    I doubt there will be a track pad, but yeah, that M-Series phone (Milan) is apparently back on the map. If so, I may wait on it.
  16. 1TIME's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    58 Posts
    #116  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by girl_Interrupted513 View Post
    I doubt there will be a track pad, but yeah, that M-Series phone (Milan) is apparently back on the map. If so, I may wait on it.
    That has been said to have a track pad? I'm not really familiar with it, more info would be great.
  17. Skeevecr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,571 Posts
    #117  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1TIME View Post
    I have a feeling that their will be a phone BB10 phone released with keyboard, trackpad and touch. Keep in mind BB is relasing 6 phones.
    The odds are that the trackpad is gone for good, it is additional software they have to deal with, it is another part that could fail mechanically and it leads to inconsistencies with their whole ux concept, so it just doesn't make sense that they would include it on one phone especially with some of the messages they are using to market bb10.
  18. Berinry's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #118  

    Default

    I don't understand why everyone is so upset about not having a track pad.

    I will for sure say this . I will never buy a low end blackberry again.
    I use to have a curve 9360 // oh my gosh did that track pad ever SUCK.
    it was constantly shifting around. wobbly. and had terrible sensitivity...
    I must say I love button phones but I hate the track pad and buttons surrounding it...

    I feel like I'm the only person in the world who is happy RIM got rid of that bs track pad.
    ~εrin
    BergerKing likes this.
  19. Revampd's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #119  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Berinry View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is so upset about not having a track pad.

    I will for sure say this . I will never buy a low end blackberry again.
    I use to have a curve 9360 // oh my gosh did that track pad ever SUCK.
    it was constantly shifting around. wobbly. and had terrible sensitivity...
    I must say I love button phones but I hate the track pad and buttons surrounding it...

    I feel like I'm the only person in the world who is happy RIM got rid of that bs track pad.
    You must never have had a Bold.
  20. BergerKing's Avatar

    Posts
    30,735 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,989 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.
    #120  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmveets View Post
    I'd love to see a BB10 with a track pad. The screen is way too small for a finger to work better for everything, and the trackpad allows one-handed operation
    Strange, I use a handset one-handed all the time. It is a minor thing you adapt to. I have smaller hands, but copy & paste all the time, and I have short hands and thick fingers. Only a closed mind or fear of learning will prevent adaptation.
    Report Button, not just for the bad things!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4
    Bacon is duct tape for food!
  21. BergerKing's Avatar

    Posts
    30,735 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,989 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.
    #121  

    Default

    The space the trackpad used gives you a bit more screen. There are pro/con arguments for both, but the fact is, the trackpad is a redundancy, and is being laid on the ash heap of electronic history. Mourn now, and either cross the bridge or get left behind.
    Report Button, not just for the bad things!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4
    Bacon is duct tape for food!
  22. Berinry's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #122  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revampd View Post
    You must never have had a Bold.
    Like I said. . I will NEVER buy a low end bb again.
    But unlike all of you guys I am not biased by previously owning a high end bb.
    So I know this bb qwerty n series is gonna be aweeeeeessssooomeeeee!

    And seriously... guys if your all this conflicted I think you should just stay with your old bb 7s :P
    ~εrin
    BergerKing likes this.
  23. Bbnivende's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,700 Global Posts
    #123  

    Default

    deleted not relevant
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-19-2013 at 04:23 PM.
  24. Berinry's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #124  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by derpex View Post
    Sorry what? The iOS email client is bad? Since when?
    That's what I am saying .
    I'm sorry but you people are acting a little crazy here .
    Your all acting like it will be sooo difficult to adapt but it WON'T BE
    ~εrin
  25. 1TIME's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    58 Posts
    #125  

    Default

    Trackpads are imporant for copy and pasting which is a primary business purpose when sending and receiving e mail
    Track pads enable you to zoom in on precise areas while web browsing
    Trackpads look sexy when lit up
    Trackpads and touchscreen really is the best of both worlds, I feel like if they stick to touch only it burden the experience but since it's BB10 perhaps it will b better, only time will tell

    /end missing the trackpad rant
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 09:08 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 02:26 PM
  3. Ascii Code For Go Back Key (right of the trackpad)
    By me2MBC in forum Developers Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 03:05 AM
  4. Ascii Code For Go Back Key (right of the trackpad)
    By me2MBC in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 08:07 AM
  5. status of the phone?
    By stark4 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-13-2009, 10:56 PM

Posting Permissions