Is there a way to speed up the Q5 other than deleting apps,also is there a way to clean up junk files?

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:18 AM
    The new BB10 OS shouldn't start slowing down due to a larger number of installed apps. Unless you're running the memory filled to 99% I guess.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    01-06-14 10:49 AM
    It only sometimes takes a while to load a contact's details,its nothing of an issue but a little annoying at times.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 01:08 PM
    Not being a smarta$$, but try posting this in the Q5 forum. This is Q10 forum. Q10 is more powerful than Q5, Q5 owners would have the most knowledge on how the OS works on that phone.

Personally on my Q10 I have had this since the 1st day it was available in the US and the only lagging issues were ported Android Apps, which is now much better since the 10.2.1 leaked OS'.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    01-06-14 02:55 PM
    Sometimes a BlackBerry slows down due to missing or corrupted files within the OS. You can try backing up and then resetting to factory settings with a full security wipe. Then restore from your backup.
    01-06-14 03:07 PM
    Sometimes a BlackBerry slows down due to missing or corrupted files within the OS. You can try backing up and then resetting to factory settings with a full security wipe. Then restore from your backup.
    Missing OS files would either remove functionality or cause crashes of apps/OS.
    A corrupt OS file would cause part of the OS to crash.

Both cases will *never* cause the OS to regain full functionality.

I know you are trying to help, but IMHO you are providing a 100% incorrect cause to the problem.

Poor performance is caused by other issues, such as underpowered hardware, poor implementation of apps, corrupted data etc.

To start from scratch, the OP can perform a security wipe. It will clean the device from apps, data and settings. Alternatively install the OS again will also give the same result, but the wipe functionality is already present on the device so it is easier (but takes a while).

Depending on how the backup of the device is performed by BB Link, you might be able to resolve some corruptions by doing a backup/restore, but it will be a random solution to try.
    01-06-14 03:26 PM
    It only sometimes takes a while to load a contact's details,its nothing of an issue but a little annoying at times.

Posted via CB10
    Which types of accounts is installed on the device?
    What OS version are you using?
    BB OS 10 links contacts between different accounts e.g. Facebook, Exchange, Linked-in etc. I wonder if this could be part of the problem. When you encounter the issue next time, please see if the contact is linked but clicking the small chain icon. Let us know your findings.
    01-06-14 03:28 PM
    Is your Q5 new? I would say that it might be a little slow at times considering for the few days the phone syncs all your contact information with your email and social media such as twitter facebook and linkedin.. after that's complete, I would imagine you'd have no problems with it being slow.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 04:28 PM
    For the first few days*

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 04:28 PM