I have posted on the Vodafone site the apparent inability to set up profiles as we could previously I like to have a profile to cover different circumstances. So all on silent, all alerts on, phone on ring and rest silent, all vibrate etc etc. this could all be personalised previously and you could close a name even. No longer though. Even when you set one of the pre-determined profiles it will not have the same setting when you go back to use it again.

So far I have failed to find an answer. Is there one?
    05-07-13 01:59 PM
    I have posted on the Vodafone site the apparent inability to set up profiles as we could previously I like to have a profile to cover different circumstances. So all on silent, all alerts on, phone on ring and rest silent, all vibrate etc etc. this could all be personalised previously and you could close a name even. No longer though. Even when you set one of the pre-determined profiles it will not have the same setting when you go back to use it again.

So far I have failed to find an answer. Is there one?
    They are working on it, I hope. BB10 is not like previous versions and it is really still "in progress"
    Kttail likes this.
    05-07-13 02:04 PM
    They are working on it, I hope. BB10 is not like previous versions and it is really still "in progress"
    Thanks. I note that you add 'I hope' and wonder what gives you that hope?
    05-07-13 02:07 PM
    Thanks. I note that you add 'I hope' and wonder what gives you that hope?
    I think that Blackberry will add some of these features that we all loved in each of it's updates. BB10 is new and still needs a lot of "fleshing out".
    Kttail likes this.
    05-07-13 02:46 PM
    This is the "problem" when you do a complete rewrite and start from scratch on an OS, just because it's still BB, all of the old features have to be rewritten into the new OS. Same deal with Win Mobile to WP and PalmOS to webOS, it's not a revision of previous software but a brand new version so some of the familiar functionality can take a while to show back up.

What would give me hope is that BB isn't forgetting it's past, with one physical KB phone already launched and the rumored R10 they dont appear to be attempting to alienate their longtime customers.
    05-07-13 03:19 PM