Just got Q10, Excellent Piece. However need to sort following -

Search - When I search a contact, it quickly shows it. However I can not dial or send email/text from searched option. for that I need to go to either call menu or Text Menu or Email menu. Before it was way too easy. Please guide me for that..

Addition of Received/Dialled Call - Not able to add received/dialled no. as new contact. How to do, Please advise.

Speaker Key - During call if I press it, speaker does not work. For that I need to touch the speaker symbol from touch pad. Why there is speaker symbol on keypad if it does not work. Please sort.

Currency Symbol - I can not change from � to $. Please sort.
    06-13-13 07:56 AM
    1. for the search, you probably synced your contacts with other forms of social networking such as facebook or twitter. If so, then the contacts phone number will not be attached to their contact info. If you did not do this, then i cant help you.

2. if you press the touch screen and hold on the number, a side menu will pop up. The add new contact symbol will be in the menu. From there you simply add them as you would with any other regular contact.

3. the speaker key on the keyboard is not for speaker phone. it is for the text message dictation thing or voice control or however you call it. so yes, as far as i know, you have to use the touch screen to press speaker.

4. cant help you, sorry
    NitinRawat likes this.
    06-13-13 08:02 AM
    1. Did you try to tap the name that your search found? There you will be presented with all options, call, email, text etc. Without having to leave the app. I think this is very convenient.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 08:12 AM
    1. No I did not synch with any social networking side, rather synched with outlook. I can see the contact details and phone no/email id etc, however after that not able to do any command. Is there a software problem?

2.Thanks. I tried that but it is not working. The side menu pop, I am able to select + symbol but it take me to add contact/select contact and then nothing works. I need to minimise and cancell contact options. Is there a software problem?

3. Noted.

4. Well I replaced Euro to $ from autotext. So for the moment it is working.
    06-13-13 08:14 AM
    Re: Speaker key - Mine works fine. Make sure you are touching the right one. The speaker key is also the $ sign, not the 0 key.

Hope it helps.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 08:15 AM
    Yes thanks. Your solution is working
    06-13-13 08:18 AM
    Mine is handset from Germany hence speaker key is with Euro symbol. But it is not working for Speaker command. Is there any issue related to software?
    06-13-13 08:20 AM
    I have a Q10 for 3 weeks now and I think some things really suck!!
    The search option is rubbish compared to the OS7. The contacts is rubish too, you cannot text a contact from within the contact app. The copy and paste function is so annoying and most of the time it does not work. It takes me so much time to do a simple task that it made go back to my Bold 9900... best BB EVER!! oh.. and does anyone know that why the Q10 sends text messages as MMS and you get billed for that?? like I said... it sucks!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900! Best BB ever!!
    06-13-13 08:25 AM
    I have a Q10 for 3 weeks now and I think some things really suck!!
    The search option is rubbish compared to the OS7. The contacts is rubish too, you cannot text a contact from within the contact app. The copy and paste function is so annoying and most of the time it does not work. It takes me so much time to do a simple task that it made go back to my Bold 9900... best BB EVER!! oh.. and does anyone know that why the Q10 sends text messages as MMS and you get billed for that?? like I said... it sucks!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900! Best BB ever!!
    What's wrong with the search function?
    ".... cannot text a contact from within the contact app...": not true. Tap contact and you will be given all possible options.
    Copy & paste sucks: I somewhat agree. Hope this gets improved in the next OS release.
    Go to hub-settings-text messages-advanced. There you will find an option to send text only messages as SMS or MMS.
    06-13-13 08:53 AM