Just upgraded to the Q10. Few bugs I've noticed. The lack of an email icon is annoying but the most is when someone calls. Previously I could clicked the number and text them. I don't see how to do it on the Q10? I do that alot.
    Nolan

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 09:16 PM
    Just upgraded to the Q10. Few bugs I've noticed. The lack of an email icon is annoying but the most is when someone calls. Previously I could clicked the number and text them. I don't see how to do it on the Q10? I do that alot.
    Nolan

Posted via CB10
    There is a hub/email icon available in 10.2. Press and hold the number and a menu will pop up to the right allowing you to send a text.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    08-06-13 09:28 PM
    Thanks, how do I do an update to 10.2? I don't like the Hub. I really liked the way it was. I find on the new system there is actually more steps. This is hard to accept as I've been a die hard BlackBerry fan while I see friends go to Android and iCrap.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 11:54 PM
    Hey welcome to the CB forums!

Download the autoloader for you Q10 version. (autoloader includes all the files you require) Here's the link: https://mega.co.nz/#!jRoVVRLC!G_MM60...CH28V8G-syqVBY

Here's how to install the Leak OS

Instructions:
    Backup device with BB Link
    Close BB Link
    Download the OS and extract it (autoloader mention earlier)
    Run the File
    Connect Device and WAIT
    Once loaded and reboots, restore device via BB Link

Note: I normally set my device on airplane mode whilst updating it...prevent any disturbances!
    FOIA Gras likes this.
    08-06-13 11:58 PM
    Thanks, how do I do an update to 10.2? I don't like the Hub. I really liked the way it was. I find on the new system there is actually more steps. This is hard to accept as I've been a die hard BlackBerry fan while I see friends go to Android and iCrap.

Posted via CB10
    The Hub is THE most promoted feature on any BB10, sometimes I'm baffled how many people spend their money without doing any research prior buying such an expensive device. Hub is the new central place to manage all your messages. I can understand it might be confusing first, especially for long term BB users, yet I quickly learned to like it, even after switching from a bold 9900.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    dietertong likes this.
    08-07-13 12:00 AM
    You are never going to get rid of the hub. The icon in 10.2 is just a link to the hub, instead of swiping. You are just suffering from BB10 shock, give it time and read and ask questions here. You will find in the end that BB10 is much more powerful than what you had before.

JR

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 12:01 AM
    Well it's 3 days so far and I'm having a rough time. For a day I thought about goin back to my 9700

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 02:18 AM
    Well it's 3 days so far and I'm having a rough time. For a day I thought about goin back to my 9700

Posted via CB10
    Give it a couple weeks. Watch some of the crackberry how to videos on youtube. Don't fear the Hub...

Posted via my Q10
    08-07-13 03:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm curious why did you buy the Q10 knowing about the Hub, or did you buy it blindly without knowing anything about it? Also the steps are the same if not quicker than the legacy os, just the steps are different or seemingly hidden in order to get rid of the endless and complex menus of old.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 05:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    Then do it. Return to your 9700. I'm not mocking you, let me explain myself : just a week after I purchased my Q10, I had to bring it back to Rogers cause my "Q"' letter fall down. They sent it to BlackBerry and I had to return to my bold 9900 for 12 days. In this short time, I realized many of the shortcomings I was struggling with were just differents ways to do daily tasks and I found myself bugging on the phone I used for a year and half. Now, I can ensure I do everything (except copy/paste and dialing, obviously) faster AND easier on my Q10 than my 9900.

You're not the first one complaining about the hub and how inconvenient it is compared to the email icon on legacy device, usually cause the hub bring you back at your last task/section and not at the main HUB, but IMO, it is an advantage and it perfectly make sense with the whole idea of the OS : you never ever leave what you're doing, and if you want leave the section you're at or just check the others one at a glance, you can just tap the icon at the bottom left of the hub. It's as simple as that.

I'm not sure to understant what's your problem with the dial/text, so I won't comment, but trust me on this : the Q10 REALLy worth its learning curve

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 09:26 AM
    After using a Q10 there's no way I could go back to a legacy device, especially not a 9700. This is an incredibly efficient OS. Once you get the hang of it.. I picked it up right away.. some will take days or weeks.. some will never pick it up unfortunately.

Q10
    dietertong likes this.
    08-07-13 09:34 AM