So I've had a Q10 for a few weeks now and all of a sudden, today, the key for the letter "A" started to act as a touch key-- meaning my finger simply barely touches it and it inserts the letter "a". The letter "E" also did that but stopped... however the letter "a" is still this way. Any ideas what could be going on? I have not dropped the phone, nor is the key stuck... it really just acts as a touch key. :-S

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 11:10 PM
    So I've had a Q10 for a few weeks now and all of a sudden, today, the key for the letter "A" started to act as a touch key-- meaning my finger simply barely touches it and it inserts the letter "a". The letter "E" also did that but stopped... however the letter "a" is still this way. Any ideas what could be going on? I have not dropped the phone, nor is the key stuck... it really just acts as a touch key. :-S

Posted via CB10
    could just be luck of the draw.

Some days my Q feels like the keys are loose, others it feels tight
    07-23-13 11:38 PM
    Same here, my I key. Off for repairs it went. Telus gave me a Z10 loaner (don't care for the keyboard much) as I've had mine more than 30 days. Broken hardware, there is no software fix. Take it in for exchange or repair.
    07-23-13 11:43 PM
    My "m" key was doing this too. I took it back to where I bought it. They sent it off for repair. Couldn't fix it. They sent it back to blackberry, who replaced it. It's definitely annoying & at least you have got another blackberry handset as a loan phone; I only had a crappy wee samsung with no camera or Internet access.

Posted from My Q10
    07-24-13 08:14 AM
    It sucks to hear, but this most likely a hardware fault which you won't be able to fix yourself. I'd take it back to the store ASAP!

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    07-24-13 08:45 AM
    My "m" key was doing this too. I took it back to where I bought it. They sent it off for repair. Couldn't fix it. They sent it back to blackberry, who replaced it. It's definitely annoying & at least you have got another blackberry handset as a loan phone; I only had a crappy wee samsung with no camera or Internet access.

Posted from My Q10
    Telus' loaner policy is a "comparable" handset, the guy wanted to give me an old Curve, till I pointed out that I wouldn't be able to get my email and calendar after transitioning away from bis / bes. He actually broke a brand new z10 out of the box for me.

Telus sucks the least of all the Major Canadian carriers IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 11:52 AM
    Thanks guys. I guess off to repair it is ! :-/

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 12:51 PM