Yep, that's true. A few weeks ago I was the happiest person on earth discovering the wonders of my brand new Q10 device, cherishing it like my precious, when...something went terribly wrong.�The screen went black whenever it wanted to. I guess it was a wrong physical connection, I really don't know, but clearly it was not me (or the software).

It's been some awful days, but I finally managed to replace it with a new one through Vodafone (the last one left!). I was told that among all the Q10s they've had sold, that was the only one giving problems, and I believe them.

The thing is, now I'm afraid this new one will be a failure too, it's even depressing (I'm a bit obsessed). For example I noticed how the screen goes black while talking during calls, even though it automatically lights up again when I put it out my face. If I touch the screen with just the finger while talking it won't go black, it's just when it 'feels' the touch of my cheek. Is it normal?�

I really don't want this to be broken, I've even purchased an insurance so they will give me a new one if it stops working. But I want it to work. No matter what I'm staying with BlackBerry! I guess this is CrackBerry at its finest... any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 09:22 AM
    Just use the phone and chill. Life is far too short to stress about a phone potentially breaking. You have insurance so your all good. Enjoy

Posted via my Z30
    Santutxu likes this.
    01-21-14 09:26 AM
    Hey, your Q is all good! That's the proximity sensor at work. That's normal --> It's supposed to work like that...
    Santutxu likes this.
    01-21-14 09:29 AM
    Yep, that's true. A few weeks ago I was the happiest person on earth discovering the wonders of my brand new Q10 device, cherishing it like my precious, when...something went terribly wrong.�The screen went black whenever it wanted to. I guess it was a wrong physical connection, I really don't know, but clearly it was not me (or the software).

It's been some awful days, but I finally managed to replace it with a new one through Vodafone (the last one left!). I was told that among all the Q10s they've had sold, that was the only one giving problems, and I believe them.

The thing is, now I'm afraid this new one will be a failure too, it's even depressing (I'm a bit obsessed). For example I noticed how the screen goes black while talking during calls, even though it automatically lights up again when I put it out my face. If I touch the screen with just the finger while talking it won't go black, it's just when it 'feels' the touch of my cheek. Is it normal?�

I really don't want this to be broken, I've even purchased an insurance so they will give me a new one if it stops working. But I want it to work. No matter what I'm staying with BlackBerry! I guess this is CrackBerry at its finest... any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Thats normal. Saving battery while you're calling.

Posted via CB10
    Santutxu likes this.
    01-21-14 09:30 AM
    It also prevents you from accidentally hanging up with your cheek!

Posted with my Q10!
    Santutxu likes this.
    01-21-14 11:29 AM
    I love you guys! Now I know everything is ok. Thanks for cheering me up!
    01-21-14 06:34 PM
    think of all the iphones and androids that break down
    Santutxu likes this.
    01-21-14 06:37 PM