Sorry for the many threads but I basically just got a new Q10. So Snap doesn't work anymore for Blackberry? What else do we use to download Android apps? I have OS 10.3.2.2530.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 01:58 AM
    your best bet is Cobalt's method. search for it here:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...ctions-985344/
    06-29-17 05:09 AM
    I'm guessing since we have patched Google play, whoever created snap decided it was obsolete and shut it down? Or the latest OS makes it not work? Or Google (and this scenario sounds laughable but wouldn't surprise me in the least) decided snap was a security risk and forced it to be shut down. I'm coming back to BB10 after over three years so idk if I'm way off base but these three seem the most likely to me.
    07-04-17 02:14 AM
    Also if you don't want to install the Google play store you can just go to APK Mirror and download and app you like.
    07-04-17 02:19 AM
    There is also a beautiful and very functional Google Play Store client called Yalp Store: https://fossdroid.com/a/yalp-store.html . Other decent sites are Aptoide, and ApkPure.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-04-17 08:19 AM
    There is also a beautiful and very functional Google Play Store client called Yalp Store: https://fossdroid.com/a/yalp-store.html . Other decent sites are Aptoide, and ApkPure.
    Not sure if this is related but after installing the YalpStore I noticed an Emergency Alerts category in my HUB. Do you or anyone else know what this is from?
    07-21-17 07:42 AM
    Not sure if this is related but after installing the YalpStore I noticed an Emergency Alerts category in my HUB. Do you or anyone else know what this is from?
    Sorry, can't help you there. I've never seen that in my Passport. I've had Yalp installed for 5 months or so now and no problems. Pretty sure it is something else.
    07-21-17 08:00 AM
    I don't have Yalp Store on my Z10, but I have had that Emergency Alerts category in my Hub for several years.

I think it only shows up if your carrier enables the service on your phone. Your carrier must have just recently done that.

Snap no more?-img_20170721_083638.png

Comes with a loud alarm sound.

I live in South Louisiana, btw.

Any Emergency Broadcast Alert alarm that you might hear on the radio or TV also get sent to the phones. When they went off during those tornado warnings last February, every phone in the office - iPhones, Galaxies, LGs and my one BlackBerry howled.

Amber Alerts also show up here.
    brookie229 likes this.
    07-21-17 08:54 AM
    I don't have Yalp Store on my Z10, but I have had that Emergency Alerts category in my Hub for several years.

I think it only shows up if your carrier enables the service on your phone. Your carrier must have just recently done that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170721_083638.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	427442

Comes with a loud alarm sound.

I live in South Louisiana, btw.

Any Emergency Broadcast Alert alarm that you might hear on the radio or TV also get sent to the phones. When they went off during those tornado warnings last February, every phone in the office - iPhones, Galaxies, LGs and my one BlackBerry howled.

Amber Alerts also show up here.
    Funny that I've not seen this alert in three years lol.
    Thank You for the update brother
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 07-21-17 at 09:24 PM.
    07-21-17 09:06 AM
    Sorry for the many threads but I basically just got a new Q10. So Snap doesn't work anymore for Blackberry? What else do we use to download Android apps? I have OS 10.3.2.2530.

Posted via CB10
    Bb10 have Android runtime 4.3, so almost the newest apps in ggplay can't run on bb10. I suggest you download apk apps from web like apkpure, apkmirro...In those site have info os required below. Only download apk with android os 4.3

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 08:17 AM