Would this be a viable option for BB10? A full touch device, with the option of a 'Snap-On' keyboard. As long as the phys qwerty people (like me) keep seeing the world go all touch, there will be a demand for a universal snap on keyboard that will fit on ANY touch device. It will have adjustable sides so the user can 'right size' it for any device. I would make this snap-on keyboard an exact dupe of the 99xx's. Maybe a tweak here and there.
Would be fantastic if the snap-on keyboard had a trackpad too, maybe BB10's OS will allow for code to be written to allow a snap on keyboard/trackpad combo instead of just a keyboard.
All we need is someone to make one. I'm too busy, so anyone with some free time...get crack-a-lackin' on this. Just consider this a poor mans patent.
Funny, I just googled snap on keyboard. Some kid made one for the iphone (so much for my patent) BUT, it can be done and the design works. Even though this kid's design blocked the home button, I believe this would develop into something great.
- 12-15-12, 08:55 PM #5
A novel idea but i think it would be cumbersome and would add some unwanted bulk...i personally like using a keyboard but considering the smaller screen size i think i'll be going with the l-series until a slider version is introduced...hopefully.
- 12-17-12, 12:16 AM #6
- By donfergusonjr in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 6Last Post: 12-24-11, 02:46 AM
- By pnico in forum AndroidReplies: 14Last Post: 11-17-09, 03:57 PM
- By finwood in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 19Last Post: 09-20-08, 08:25 PM
- By adammacd in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 08-27-08, 06:48 AM
- By OldNEGirl in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 05-28-08, 11:25 AM