SMS sent from my Q10 or from my wife's Z10 are not received by a friend using an iphone and vice versa. Even when my wife was still using BB Pearl last year, SMS were not getting through. So this is not unique to IOS7 bug being experienced recently. This has been going on for more than a year.

Any possible solutions?

Thank you.
    10-02-13 10:49 AM
    I believe it is due to the fact that the phone number of the q10 was used for an iPhone before and is still registered in the contact information ( on the current iPhone of your friends) has an iPhone so the system is trying to send a ln imessage to thw q10.

Deregister this number from your Apple id and ask friends to change the type of device for you in their contact list.

Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    stengel680 likes this.
    10-02-13 10:54 AM
    10-02-13 10:55 AM
    the Q10 number has always been with BB even when IOS did not exist yet and did not stray to IOS even just for a second. Even the Z10 number. But there was no problem before, until we discovered that earlier this year.

And although IOS7 has a bug regarding sms, this issue with us has already existed long before IOS7.

The IOS device is with a different carrier though - ATT, and the BB devices are with TMO-US. We have another IOS contact and there is no issue regarding SMS between our devices, but this contact is with the same carrier as we do. TMO-US. Can carriers be the issue?
    10-02-13 11:11 AM