Dear fellow Crackberrians, end of the last week I decided to fully backup (a complete and not a selective one) my Q10 in order to reset it to factory settings and then to restore everything from a previously created backup. It all worked fine with restoring my apps, media, shortcut placement and BBM conversations. Whereas what it did not restore were my sms conversations and in addition to that Language and Input Settings. I tried restoring twice, the first attempt was done on my computer, whereas for the second one I've installed BlackBerry Link on the laptop of my better half and it still did not work.

Now I am wondering, did anyone else run into this issue before and if yes, what could have caused it and whether there is a fix to it?

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    06-01-14 04:42 PM
    Might have been a corrupt backup. That's all I can think of. Not sure what else is going as it should have restored your texts. Do you have another backup you could use?
    For the text messages you might want to get a backup app just in case for times like this.
    Mihal Shopofolives likes this.
    06-04-14 01:12 PM
    It appears to be my fault. I wanted to figure out what causes PIM-Services to rocket into the blue and apparently I did not do a complete back up, but rather opted for everything except for Settings. As a consequence, all of my messages, as well as language and input settings were not backed up for they are part of Settings back up section. Quite an annoying mistake to make, taking into consideration my previous complete back up is from February. However, this made a new and clean start possible! P.S. Do not repeat this at home!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    06-04-14 07:11 PM