I was using my Q10 for a month as for some reason I was able to upgrade it to BB10.3 few days earlier on Telus than my Z30. Although I had my Z30 updated in a mean time for sentimental reasons I kept on using Q10 until yesterday when I decided to make a permanent switch back to Z30. That's when the disaster happened. Before the switch I wanted to create a backup just in case and as soon as I hooked it up the BBlink I was notified the there is a critical update for this phone that I accepted and what followed is really baffling, instead of actual upgrade the OS on the Q10 was rolled back to the old version BB10.2.3062 or something like that and what's most frustrating and disappointing all my data is gone/wiped out from the phone. No contacts, no records od any texts or emails, and of course no pics that without doubt were important to me. Any idea of what went wrong? Did something like that happen to others? What's my next step now for any recovery? Thanks for any input.
    03-15-15 09:05 PM
    I would guess its all gone and you will have to load the latest backup you do have to gain some things back and the majority of things like email and contacts will load back from the cloud I would guess

sounds like a security wipe was performed
    03-15-15 09:17 PM
    I would guess its all gone and you will have to load the latest backup you do have to gain some things back and the majority of things like email and contacts will load back from the cloud I would guess

sounds like a security wipe was performed
    Well, what I don't understand why I was duped into this security wipe and OS rollback to the old one by "critical OS upgrade" and why now being on this old OS it tells me I have the newest software installed rather then upgrading back to BB10.3 that was working fine on this phone for almost a month.
    03-15-15 09:30 PM
    telus pulled the 10.3 updates and that is why its being shown as the newest OS. I don't know why you did a complete phone reset and reload though
    03-15-15 09:36 PM
    telus pulled the 10.3 updates and that is why its being shown as the newest OS. I don't know why you did a complete phone reset and reload though
    I did not do anything of this sort like phone reset. As soon as I plugged the device to my PC yesterday for a proper backup, I received a pop up that in order to proceed I need to to accept the critical update first. Did not think even for a second as earlier in a day I upgraded my Z30 to the newest BB10.3.1.1767, which I thought was related to this request. I would not willingly do any resets/security wipes without a proper backup first and only in case if I wanted to sell the phone, which I am not.
    03-15-15 10:04 PM