Greetings.

Last month I flew to Toronto during launch week and bought the 100-1 model (Bell). It was posted numerous times that this was the same phone that would be released to ATT so I flew up there and bought it.

Well, the fastest speeds I have gotten on this phone range from 4Mbps to 6Mbps. Why?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 05:22 PM
    Forgot to mention that the posts referencing this model said the specs noted this phone works using the same frequencies and bands that ATT uses.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 05:23 PM
    Should be the exact same phone att will have. Just the symbol at the bottom...interesting

Posted via Q10!
    06-04-13 09:00 PM
    Greetings.

Last month I flew to Toronto during launch week and bought the 100-1 model (Bell). It was posted numerous times that this was the same phone that would be released to ATT so I flew up there and bought it.

Well, the fastest speeds I have gotten on this phone range from 4Mbps to 6Mbps. Why?
    Does it display LTE by the signal indicator (vs 4G)? I'm wondering if your current firmware/radio is flipping over to 4G rather than staying on LTE.

I can vouch for the Bell SQN100-1 Q10 getting LTE speeds in AT&T LTE network areas.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 09:22 PM
    Could be that the AT&T network is congested. I get anywhere from 5 to 15mbps here in California. So it varies considerably, depending on when you check. But, yeah, make sure you have LTE.
    06-04-13 09:29 PM
    It always shows 4G. I've never seen LTE displayed in top right. How can I fix this?

BTW I live in Orlando, FL. I don't think it's congestion because over the weekend I was in a small town where my cousin was on 4G or LTE, dunno, but he got 21Mbps on hit HTC one on ATT and I was once again getting just 4Mbps.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 10:04 PM
    When I go into settings and mobile network I see AT&T 4G but not LTE. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 10:12 PM
    You're not doing anything wrong.

You could try flashing one of the (newer) leaked firmwares but read the threads to see what potential bugs you could encounter (e.g., some folks have encountered MMS issues, but since I don't use MMS it doesn't impact me).

Here are some recent leaked firmwares that I've found seem to stay on LTE (vs flipping over to 4g):
    * .4285. (This once's newest, you may want to sit it out a few days to see other folks' experience with it.)

Note that loading these will wipe your data, apps, etc. But worth it to get LTE, eh?

P.S. - You want to see the LTE indicator when you use data. Just want to mention that when you're on a phone call, you'll see the 4G indicator (and that's normal).
    Last edited by geekaren; 06-04-13 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Clarification
    06-04-13 10:29 PM
    Do you have an LTE sim card? Does AT&T require LTE provisioning on their plans? With Rogers they don't, as long as you have LTE sim card, LTE device, and your within LTE coverage, it all works.

My guess is either you don't have an LTE sim, or you don't have LTE coverage in your area, or you need to tell AT&T to add LTE to your account.

Posted via CB10
    geekaren likes this.
    06-04-13 10:35 PM
    irwindersra makes some great points. Best to start with AT&T (btw, even if you already have an LTE sim, can't hurt to have them to give you a replacement SIM).
    06-04-13 10:43 PM
    Do you have an LTE sim card? Does AT&T require LTE provisioning on their plans? With Rogers they don't, as long as you have LTE sim card, LTE device, and your within LTE coverage, it all works.

My guess is either you don't have an LTE sim, or you don't have LTE coverage in your area, or you need to tell AT&T to add LTE to your account.

Posted via CB10
    Yes AT&T requires LTE provisioning on their plans.
    06-04-13 10:59 PM
    I called them and they said that I am not provisioned yet for it because device is not out. How do others already have LTE on AT&T on the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 08:19 AM
    I called them and they said that I am not provisioned yet for it because device is not out. How do others already have LTE on AT&T on the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    Don't tell them your using a Q10, say you bought an S3 unlocked online, see if they can just give you a smartphone plan, then put that sim into your Q10 and see if it works.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 09:53 AM
    You cannot tell them you have an S3 and have it work, AT&T requires BB data plans. Just tell them you are using the Z10 unlocked. Tell them you want the BlackBerry 4G LTE data plan, if you have a previous unlimited they will give you the equivalent 4G LTE unlimited, if not you will be on tiered/shared.

I have gotten peak AT&T LTE speeds of 54mb/s down and over 12mb/s up in the DC area.
    06-05-13 10:01 AM
    I don't have a previous AT&T plan. I bought this Q10 and signed up for AT&T after unlocking it last month.

Does that change anything?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 10:33 AM
    I do not understand why at&t requires a BlackBerry plan. If you buy an unlocked phone you should be able to use any kind of internet oprion. BlackBerry Z10/Q10 does not require special internet ! My case, I have bought a year ago a samsung galaxy S3 from orange romnia with an unlimited data plan; my s3 broke down, but I have 1 more year of this internet contract and it works perfectly on q10, but I had to pay 5 more euros/month to get another type of plan which had unlimited LTE and not just 3G. I am really confues by the usa situation..

Posted via CB10 on my awesome Q10 !
    06-05-13 02:28 PM
    I don't have a previous AT&T plan. I bought this Q10 and signed up for AT&T after unlocking it last month.

Does that change anything?

Posted via CB10
    Make sure you tell them 4G LTE BlackBerry plan. They will take care of you.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 02:35 PM
    You need a Blackberry plan for BIS is my understanding.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 04:30 PM
    You need a Blackberry plan for BIS is my understanding.

Posted via CB10
    Yes that is true, but the new bb10 phones don't require bis, it's up to your service provider what they want to do, forcing bis is stupid in my opinion as the service provider has to pay a fee to BlackBerry to have bis access, so they are making less money by forcing bis on the new phones.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 05:08 PM
    The answer you are looking for is they need to put the IMEI of a currently shipping AT&T LTE phone on your account, such as an iPhone 5.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 06:51 PM
    Wow. Okay, gonna request it tonight over phone. Hopefully they can do this.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 10:21 PM
    Greetings.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have the ATT LTE sim installation lled!?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 03:33 AM

My guess is either you don't have an LTE sim, or you don't have LTE coverage in your area, or you need to tell AT&T to add LTE to your account. And you need an LTE compatible msf or compatible LTE data planB

Posted via CB10
    Off topic but you still need to make sure you msf soc code is blackberry version to enable the apn so that you can connect to BIS as well!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 03:37 AM
    Off topic but you still need to make sure you msf soc code is blackberry version to enable the apn so that you can connect to BIS as well!

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly why they need the plan. The SOC enables the services necessary. It isn't BIS, but it is the carrier not allowing services. Some do without a special plan, some like ATT don't.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 05:23 AM
    I guess no one figured out that the phone doesn't have AT&T's LTE frequencies of 700 mhz in the phone. Canada's LTE frequencies is in the 1800 mhz region. That is the reason you are not getting LTE.
    06-06-13 07:56 AM
35 12