Anyone annoyed of the slow Q10 keyboard?

On BBOS there was always the option of choosing the keyboard speed. For holding down a letter to capitalize for instance.

Now on the Q10, the hold to capitalize function is a standard speed, a slow speed at that. Also when I hit the symbol key and hit the symbol I want on the keypad before the symbol keyboard shows up, it doesn't register the symbol, just the letter.

Wonder if 10.2 has anything to say about this? Anyone else encountering these annoyances too?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 03:06 PM
    My annoyance here is that they changed the symbols to different letters than it used to be in older blackberries. Ampersand used to be L. Now it's J. Why would they do that? To me it shows disrespect to the old school blackberry users. Also I agree that the level of customization for many things is way down...as others have noted it almost feels like they want to dumb the phone down and be more like apple. Ugh.
    08-19-13 03:43 PM
    Anyone annoyed of the slow Q10 keyboard?

On BBOS there was always the option of choosing the keyboard speed. For holding down a letter to capitalize for instance.

Now on the Q10, the hold to capitalize function is a standard speed, a slow speed at that. Also when I hit the symbol key and hit the symbol I want on the keypad before the symbol keyboard shows up, it doesn't register the symbol, just the letter.

Wonder if 10.2 has anything to say about this? Anyone else encountering these annoyances too?

Posted via CB10
    For the cpatalization bit, i dnt know what your talking about but holding down a key to capatalize is fast on my Q10, really fast, have no complains on that
    08-19-13 04:38 PM
    I don't any difference from the 9930 to the Q10 as far as the keyboard goes. The few changes that occurred are not a big deal IMO.
    08-19-13 05:11 PM
    For the cpatalization bit, i dnt know what your talking about but holding down a key to capatalize is fast on my Q10, really fast, have no complains on that
    It's fast sure. But as a power user, I liked the speed that was available when I was able to select "fastest."

But even that isn't as annoying as when I hit a key too fast after hitting the symbol key.

Agreed above about this phone being more dumbed down. But I feel that BlackBerry had to do it to try gain a more everyday consumer as customers.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 10:14 PM