If you were to splurge, would you get this device? I know it's a dressy Q10, but I've been trying to research experiences on the P.
    09-01-15 08:34 PM
    Would rather purchase two Passports, one silver SE and perhaps a Graphite Passport when they hit the market

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-01-15 08:36 PM
    Might be more expensive...
    09-01-15 08:41 PM
    Just because I've heard the keyboard is a step down I'd rather find a gold plated Q10 to enlist it to my handheld device hall of fame;

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 09:29 PM
    Absolutely, if the price is $200.

Posted from kyuten
    bbnrs likes this.
    09-01-15 10:03 PM
    I still use (and love) my Q10. I had a passport, and really liked the better camera, and performance, but after a few months I still wanted my keyboard back.

Than I bought a Classic, and the keyboard was as good as the Q10. But it had no better performance than the Q10, and I noticed that the screen menus we easier to reach with my thumbs on the Q10 (the screen is just above the keyboard, not above the toolbelt). So, I went back to the Q10, and still love it.

BUT... the Q10 and classic suffers from a lack of performance. For now it is ok, but will we still feel that way in a year? Personally I am waiting for the slider. It has the keyboard I love, but a great camera and performance. The perfect device for me would be a Q10 with better specs and camera, but I think I will like the slider better than what else is out there.

If you know you will like the Q10 for another two years, treat yourself and get the flashy one But... maybe wait for the slider instead?
    Avesh Devunath likes this.
    09-02-15 02:40 PM
    I have no desire for the slider and currently rotate between my Classic and Passport.

I wanted to get an unlocked Q10, but now that there is a price drop on the P'9983 graphite, I'm considering it.

I will not get bored of it, I still like my Q10 after over two years, I just broke it.
    ayngling likes this.
    09-02-15 03:21 PM
    Love my Q10,loved Z10 though,would like to switch?,sure,with only Q10 and BB Passport specs in side.
    09-03-15 07:16 AM
    P'9983 is still quite pricey. Great design. Have two Q10's locked and otherwise. When I use them in public people are still in awe of their capabilities.
    Plan on using them for a l o n g time!
    09-03-15 12:18 PM
    I doubt they will upgrade the specs of the P'9983. The P'9981 is still an amazing device and how old is it?

I think the last thing people are considering with this devices, and all luxury devices, are specs. That's why reviews for these devices are mostly ridiculous.

The reviewers are not doing reviews from the perspective of a luxury consumer. They just compare everything to the iphone.

I think of it like a nice watch. No need for all kinds of meters, gauges, stop watches, alarms, etc. Just tell the time and do it with nice materials.
    09-03-15 02:39 PM
    Used the previous Bold variant PD. Liked it very much. the only way to describe it was that is was just better. Felt tighter, more substantial, etc.

Have thought a number of times I would pick up the 9983, but each time I stop because of the massive BLUE dot! Who knows, I might surrender, especially if it looks like BB will not do another Q type device. Have a number of Q's and would look at the PD as just another addition to the stock pile. Albeit a very nice addition.
    09-03-15 08:12 PM
    Used the previous Bold variant PD. Liked it very much. the only way to describe it was that is was just better. Felt tighter, more substantial, etc.

Have thought a number of times I would pick up the 9983, but each time I stop because of the massive BLUE dot! Who knows, I might surrender, especially if it looks like BB will not do another Q type device. Have a number of Q's and would look at the PD as just another addition to the stock pile. Albeit a very nice addition.
    Do you mean the blue dot in BlackBerry assistant?
    09-03-15 08:40 PM
    Do you mean the blue dot in BlackBerry assistant?
    Well, it is the entire GUI of the 10.3.1, greyed fonts, blue dot at the bottom of the screen, etc. I know for others it works, but for me, no. Just not good for both the small Q10 screen versus the Classic or PP, and then for those of us with older eyes.
    09-04-15 04:57 AM
    Well, it is the entire GUI of the 10.3.1, greyed fonts, blue dot at the bottom of the screen, etc. I know for others it works, but for me, no. Just not good for both the small Q10 screen versus the Classic or PP, and then for those of us with older eyes.
    Since you mentioned older eyes - don't upgrade to 10.3.2 as the font is smaller when viewing Settings.

I have grown to love the Q10 over time. I had the Z10 two years ago and loved the first BB10 device, but was not satisfied completely with the typing experience, plus the touch-screen won't stay clean for long in daily use.

Then I got the Q10 for it's premium look over the Z10 - the first regret was the smaller screen size, but boy typing was a blast. And the touch-screen stayed a lot cleaner too. I got accustomed to the small screen size.

The 16GB is a limitation on most BB10 devices - so I am debating between the White Passport and a Graphite P'9983 by end of the year.

When rumours of the Slider surfaced, I was very interested but I definitely cannot let go of the BB10 OS experience. So my initial debate was between Slider and White Passport, but now it's between White Passport and Graphite P'9983.

Drafted on my Q10
    09-04-15 11:40 AM
    Just buy it already!!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Magnetox and ayngling like this.
    09-04-15 05:08 PM