hi i bought a USED Q10 recently. and it was working superbly. after two weeks suddenly it shows sim not detected between those two weeks i replaced the battery and upgraded the firmware. however after reset and taking the sim out and putting it back it worked for few minutes then again the same problem. i sent it for repair to a shop, not to blackberry store or carrier because it does not have any warranty. The guy returned the phone back to me saying that i tried changing the sim card slot and the i.c but the problem is still there.
    Does anyone have any idea whats going on with me?
    10-09-15 10:24 AM
    The most obvious answer, that you haven't said if you tried or not, is to try a known working SIM from another phone.

It doesn't sound like a problem with the OS as you've tried a couple iterations of it already. The phone might have just failed. Does the device have any sort of warranty from whomever you bought it from?
    10-09-15 11:29 AM
    With my Q10, if I push the sim too far in the slot (away from the battery), it will give me that error. To fix it I very slightly moved the sim more towards the battery. Once I set correctly though, it hasn't given me the error again.
    BlackBerryZSeries likes this.
    10-09-15 11:45 AM
    no the phone has no warranty as its a used phone. and Obviously before doing any hardware changes i tried several diffferent sim cards and the same sim card on other phones. The last option i had was to take it to the repair guy and ask him to change the sim slot.
    10-09-15 02:05 PM
    With my Q10, if I push the sim too far in the slot (away from the battery), it will give me that error. To fix it I very slightly moved the sim more towards the battery. Once I set correctly though, it hasn't given me the error again.
    tried doing that too. didn't work
    10-09-15 06:20 PM
    You might have broken a pin or 2 on the Sim Card Reader. Did you use a Sim Card Adapter ( from Nano to Micro?).

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 08:25 AM
    The guy returned the phone back to me saying that i tried changing the sim card slot and the i.c but the problem is still there.
    He already had it replaced.
    10-10-15 11:13 AM
    Well, OP may have broken it again We don't have his answer about using a SIM adapter yet...
    10-10-15 02:58 PM
    I suspect the sim card slot is damaged, this thing happened to my device also.
    The technician might have not fixed it well.
    10-11-15 02:07 PM
    Guys another technician told me he couldn't fix it. just received it back. Still the same
    10-23-15 03:18 AM